• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really ? they coud get sky and watch him on tv if they are that stupid.

ONE player wont make a few buy a ST.

One player wouldnt? One of best centre mids in the current game.. He can stand in the centre circle and control the game.. Think few people would buy ST to see that in league one since he isn't past it..

One player wouldnt? One of best centre mids in the current game.. He can stand in the centre circle and control the game.. Think few people would buy ST to see that in league one since he isn't past it..

He could have the Bobby Johnstone impact.

The John Sheridan role. Nail his left foot to the centre spot and he'd still spray passes round and control the game.

correct...wouldnt need to run much....and he takes a mean free kick,and actually knows how to hit the ball...he would inevitably be a target for the hatchet men...but i think the first one who did it would be picking studs from his throat for weeks...

but lee has spoken,so no point now is there

I refer to a conversation I had in a taxi in Tanzania three weeks ago.

Driver - 'Where are you from?'

jss - 'Manchester'

Driver - 'Manchester! You support Manchester United?!'

jss - 'No I support a team called Oldham, they're in the third division'

Driver - 'Oh yes Oldham! Paul Scholes!'

Scholes' support is a globally accepted fact.

I refer to a conversation I had in a taxi in Tanzania three weeks ago.

Driver - 'Where are you from?'

jss - 'Manchester'

Driver - 'Manchester! You support Manchester United?!'

jss - 'No I support a team called Oldham, they're in the third division'

Driver - 'Oh yes Oldham! Paul Scholes!'

Scholes' support is a globally accepted fact. Whether Latics Lee and Paul Scholes himself like it or not.

FIFY :wink:

The John Sheridan role. Nail his left foot to the centre spot and he'd still spray passes round and control the game.

I always say, if Shez was that good at this level with virtually no knees, just imagine how good Scholes would be. Probably in the top five midfielders in the world in the last 20 years. It's a shame it probably won't happen, but we can dream.

It isn't going to happen and the problem with someone of his ability is that he would make passes our players wouldn't expect and would make him look stupid.

Players in the third of circa 480 divisions aren't that bad you know. :lol: I'm sure Paul Scholes could escape looking stupid in a Latics team. An ageing top centre-forward might have a frustrating time in the third division, but not a midfield maestro....

I have always said that if where in the Championship he may come, because despite his age he still a decent player he would not drop down two leagues.

Eeeeeee - I love a good Scholesy thread. Will he; wont he????

IMO he wont; but if he did - I have to say that it most certainly would boost attendances and IMO thy'd stay boosted too whilst he remained playing. He's held in such high regard by 'proper Manure fans' (shudders as I type that!) that I'm sure some would come to watch him; but more importantly many of the lapsed stay-a-ways would come flocking back IMO.

The best midfielder of the last 15+ years IMO - in world football too; not just English. It would be a joy untold to see him do him thing at BP, but if i'm being totally honest - I think a retirement is imminent after the Champs final.

Whilst Latics have not had the quality of Scholes, does he fit PD's plan? I'd say no he doesn't. I think the time as passed for Scholes to play for Latics.

I'm sure Dickov could adjust his plan to accomodate Scholes lets face it if quality like that comes available you make space for it. Having said that I highly doubt it will happen the player doesn't need it seriously where would you prefer your career to end on a high in the champions league final at Wembley infront of 90,000. Or at Boundary Park infront of a few thousand

I'm sure Dickov could adjust his plan to accomodate Scholes lets face it if quality like that comes available you make space for it. Having said that I highly doubt it will happen the player doesn't need it seriously where would you prefer your career to end on a high in the champions league final at Wembley infront of 90,000. Or at Boundary Park infront of a few thousand

For the typical footballer, I couldn't agree more. However I would offer that Scholes is certainly not your typical footballer, and turning out on a Saturday afternoon for his local side may be more of an attractive proposition than it appears.

If it were to happen, I predict it being a case of a retirement first, and then perhaps in 6, 12, even 18 months time his love of playing the game hasn't wavered and we could maybe tempt him in to a low key return (if that is possible!). I still believe it to be very unlikely, but hey, it is little hopes and dreams like this that keep us lower league fans going!

If talks had taken place and Scholes had agreed to come to Latics I rather think it would have been common knowledge prior to any ST sales push ending. That sais this is Latics we're talking about!

If talks had taken place and Scholes had agreed to come to Latics I rather think it would have been common knowledge prior to any ST sales push ending. That sais this is Latics we're talking about!

If he signs though Lags lots of season tickets will be sold a a higher price = extra revenue. :unsure:

More rumours on the net;

Paul Scholes is mulling over a move to Oldham, a club that he has long said he will finish his career at. However, his attention has been distracted by the prospect of a 1-year deal at Bolton with the option of joining the coaching staff at the end of it.

prospect of a 1-year deal at Bolton with the option of joining the coaching staff at the end of it.

As if he doesn't have a nice lengthy coaching role in United's youth academy already waiting for him.

Which is exactly what will happen. He's strikes me as a quiet guy who would happily stay in his comfort zone (Man Utd) and earn a living.

However, his attention has been distracted by the prospect of a 1-year deal at Bolton with the option of joining the coaching staff at the end of it.

Can't see him wanting to play AGAINST Manure. Which is another reason why we would be a preferred option....