Matt Smith non-League Striker signs

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Official SMS Two year deal from Solihull Moors - never heard of the lad. Welcome Matt, BP1960 can you enlighten us?

I'll have a dig around…

6' 6" fook me we've signed our very own Peter Crouch!

Official Site

sounds decent...maybe we can start scoring from set pieces then eh...

so reid,feeney,smith,brooke,bembo-lita...we covered enough or do we need another decentish striker???

Don't get too bogged down comparing him with Crouch due to his height.

Yes, he'll cause problems to defenders due to his height and presence but he's more than capable at creating and converting his own goals. Not as awkward looking as Crouch and has actually scored a fair number as a goal poacher in the box converting the chances coming into the box.

Interestingly though, he's been tracked by a lot of scouts and has had a number of clubs at our level and above sniffing around. Rumour down here was that Coventry and Birmingham were both keen and ready to jump but we've beaten them to it.

Well pleased with this signing - relatively cheap on wages, huge potential, young, mobile, physical, great goal-scoring record in a very competitive league with loads of ex-professional players.

Official SMS Two year deal from Solihull Moors - never heard of the lad. Welcome Matt, BP1960 can you enlighten us?

I'll have a dig around…

6' 6" fook me we've signed our very own Peter Crouch!

Official Site

I thought he never settled at Droylsden during his short spell there, the Bloods played a pass and move game and probably didn't use him to best advantage.

IMO he needs a lot of work on his mobility, but with full time training that could come. It wouldn't surprise me if after a while he converts to centre back.

Well done though to PD for giving him a chance.

Just a whisper, but Smith may not be the only non league player I have seen recently who may be joining the Latics.

I thought he never settled at Droylsden during his short spell there, the Bloods played a pass and move game and probably didn't use him to best advantage.

IMO he needs a lot of work on his mobility, but with full time training that could come. It wouldn't surprise me if after a while he converts to centre back.

Well done though to PD for giving him a chance.

Just a whisper, but Smith may not be the only non league player I have seen recently who may be joining the Latics.

hmm tell us more

Welcome to Boundary Park.

I'm pleased we have taken a punt on a non league striker. I'm sick of listening to the football league show and hearing about player x scoring for teams that arn't latics after coming through from non league teams.

Well ButchCass has got an astounding post reocrd

1 post, 100% sucess rate and a great prediction.

Certainly worth the punt, and what many have been advocating.

Needs time to develop, too many failure and not enough sucess stories.

Maybe it's Smith? :lol:

If I've read it right he's been at Uni? Meaning he's probably got a bit more up stairs than most of our lot! :wink: