I'm sure I read Fitz Hall was getting released.

Mad how the Championship winning centre back pairing was our 02/03 centre back pairing.

I know what you mean, but not mad really, that team should have gone up

I know what you mean, but not mad really, that team should have gone up

Still think if Moore had not screwed s and we kept that the team with a few additions Dowie would of took us up the next season. BTW WHEN did he play for Newcastle?

Still think if Moore had not screwed s and we kept that the team with a few additions Dowie would of took us up the next season. BTW WHEN did he play for Newcastle?

He was on loan there for a bit last season in the Championship...

I'm sure I read Fitz Hall was getting released.

Mad how the Championship winning centre back pairing was our 02/03 centre back pairing.

tbh that season saw other players at our level such as Dean Ashton, Rober Earnshaw, Rob Hulse, James Collins, Jimmy Bullard, Jason Koumas, David Vaughan and many others going onto a higher level

tbh that season saw other players at our level such as Dean Ashton, Rober Earnshaw, Rob Hulse, James Collins, Jimmy Bullard, Jason Koumas, David Vaughan and many others going onto a higher level

If we would have had that team at any other point in our Division 2/League 1 history we would have walked the league, as stated though there was some absolute class knocking about! Dont forget Andy Liddell was at his best also!

If we would have had that team at any other point in our Division 2/League 1 history we would have walked the league, as stated though there was some absolute class knocking about! Dont forget Andy Liddell was at his best also!

Liddell didn't join us until a few years after Fitz & co were gone, did he?

I still blame mark clattenburg for us not going up automatically!

I don't, I was fuming at the time but if you'd watched the highlights some time after like I did, Clattenberg warned Pogs for pushing and shoving, he then delayed the corner further by speaking to him again. Then as the corner was taken Pogs blatantly elbowed the Brentford player giving the ref no option to send him off. It felt like a nothing decision at the time but it was nailed on…

As for Fitz getting sent off v Crewe, that was all Steve Jones' doing, who was a mate of mine until then. Not spoken to the cheating, diving ginger tosser since!

Littlejohn should have walked in the Vale game but he got away with it. Yes it had an effect on our Play Off matches, but most we did fairly well even without Pogs', Miskelly's awful performance in the PO first leg aside - what killed us was our home form over the season - defeats to Cardiff, Wycombe, Luton, Wigan, Crewe and Plymouth, then only drawing v Cheltenham, Blackpool, Peterborough, Notts County, QPR and Port Vale killed us in fact we only won one home game between the first weekend in November and the second Saturday in March. Given how good our away form was we should have walked it that year….but you can't drop 30 points at home and hope to go up...

Edited by oafcprozac