Who's the striker then?

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have him in a heartbeat, feed him the ball in the box and he finds ways to score. I think in terms of creativity we're not a bad side (especially if we can get Morais signed on, and a long shot if Stephens doesn't go), we just need someone who can make that ball cross the line and Heff can do that.

I'd have him in a heartbeat, feed him the ball in the box and he finds ways to score. I think in terms of creativity we're not a bad side (especially if we can get Morais signed on, and a long shot if Stephens doesn't go), we just need someone who can make that ball cross the line and Heff can do that.

EEEEeeee, opinions eh? I thought it looked a good signing on paper when Clueless Dave brought him in – but actually watching him closely in the games he played for us – I came to the conclusion that he’s a very very average journeyman clogger of a striker. He was cumbersome and awkwark in possession for me; and as for ‘getting in the box’; he didn’t do that anywhere near enough for me.

I wouldn’t touch him TBH – plus it’s being widely reported he’s off to the SPL with St Johnstone, and well, that’s about right IMO.

EEEEeeee, opinions eh? I thought it looked a good signing on paper when Clueless Dave brought him in – but actually watching him closely in the games he played for us – I came to the conclusion that he’s a very very average journeyman clogger of a striker. He was cumbersome and awkwark in possession for me; and as for ‘getting in the box’; he didn’t do that anywhere near enough for me.

I wouldn’t touch him TBH – plus it’s being widely reported he’s off to the SPL with St Johnstone, and well, that’s about right IMO.

+1 not the striker we need IMO

Bugger; thought it was St Johnstone not Killie....ah well, same difference really - I should have said 'he's set to sign for a <insert name of medicore SPL side> as they're all much of a muchness up there really aren't they??

Think our wage is way better off elsewhere than the Heff

Bugger; thought it was St Johnstone not Killie....ah well, same difference really - I should have said 'he's set to sign for a <insert name of medicore SPL side> as they're all much of a muchness up there really aren't they??

Think our wage is way better off elsewhere than the Heff

SPL showing off its quality again getting Heff

We will probably end up with none!

Nailed on Lee, seen it too many times over the years. It's clear from Dickov's interview on the main site (who are now nicking their quotes from the Chron as they are too busy telling us who every bugger else have signed) that we are nowhere near offering what these lads want. Ok Dickov claims they might not be motivated by money, but you show me a footballer who isn't when they are at the top of their game and I'll show you a liar! As someone said further up the thread we've no chance of getting either Mc or Don as they are seriously in demand and will get within reason whatever they want at this level. That leaves us fighting over journeymen like Dickinson and Burgess….we'd be better off looking at what the Prem teams are offering on loan, we struck gold last season and didn't too bad the year before with :censored:, and if Dickhead Dave had given Blackman a chance i'm sure he would scored his fair share too….

Nailed on Lee, seen it too many times over the years. It's clear from Dickov's interview on the main site (who are now nicking their quotes from the Chron as they are too busy telling us who every bugger else have signed) that we are nowhere near offering what these lads want. Ok Dickov claims they might not be motivated by money, but you show me a footballer who isn't when they are at the top of their game and I'll show you a liar! As someone said further up the thread we've no chance of getting either Mc or Don as they are seriously in demand and will get within reason whatever they want at this level. That leaves us fighting over journeymen like Dickinson and Burgess….we'd be better off looking at what the Prem teams are offering on loan, we struck gold last season and didn't too bad the year before with :censored:, and if Dickhead Dave had given Blackman a chance i'm sure he would scored his fair share too….

Speaking of Journey Men, Nathan Ellington is out of contract with Watford and isnt going to go back to Preston...

I agree prem loans may be best. Who was that striker on loan from Fulham that scored against us last season? Just found it...Lauri Dalla Valle...someone like that would be good

Edited by MaskedOwl

Speaking of Journey Men, Nathan Ellington is out of contract with Watford and isnt going to go back to Preston...

I agree prem loans may be best. Who was that striker on loan from Fulham that scored against us last season? Just found it...Lauri Dalla Valle...someone like that would be good

Della Valle was the star performer in the Liverpool under 18s that reached the Youth Cup Final a couple of seasons back. Great things were forecast for him there.

It was some suprise when he and another of Liverpools youth team better players, Alex Kačaniklić up sticks and followed some of the deposed staff thrown out of Liverpool by the Spanish revolution.

Certainly has a fabulous scoring record but i would guess he would be hard to get out on loan while Fulham are involved in the Europa League.

Im sorry Lee but the reason Davies has never made it at a higher level is nothing to do with ability, its his mentality. Its only been at Chesterfield where he has seemed to have knuckled down and done the business. He always had something about him here at Latics but that fuse was always 1 nudge , kick or foul away from being sparked.

A poor player doesn't score goals like these

some of them would fit in at any level of football