Sorry to have yet another dig

You are launching your new kit, ok it's arrived late, but hey :censored: happens, but why oh why close the ticket office on a day there's likely to be more than a few wanting to purchase the new shirt and many more fans in the vicinity than normal. It's not inconceivable a few may want to buy a ST. I'm sure the refurb could have waited a day or two? Even if one fan buys a season ticket it is worth switching the lights on?

Edited by oafcprozac

The principle behind your post is fair but in practical terms I honestly can't see it making a bit of difference to ST sales.

The discount period is over. If someone has decided that they still want to get a ST despite higher prices it's not going to be an impulse thing. I suppose it would be interesting to look at ST sales in this period historically and the club has this data.

Anyway who knows ....maybe they're preparing for a surge when the new striker signs!!?? :grin:

The principle behind your post is fair but in practical terms I honestly can't see it making a bit of difference to ST sales.

The discount period is over. If someone has decided that they still want to get a ST despite higher prices it's not going to be an impulse thing. I suppose it would be interesting to look at ST sales in this period historically and the club has this data.

Anyway who knows ....maybe they're preparing for a surge when IF the new striker signs!!?? :grin:

FTFY

Little hut? It's an outrage. Why sell merchandise from a little hut? Thin end of the wedge this is, it's an absolute embarrassment. Not only do we have to persevere with us being the laughing stock of the division with three run down stands, we're flogging stuff from little more than a cupboard. Is this what we've become?

Can we just shut down this Terraces section of the OWTB site during the months of June and July - it's :censored:ing tedious.

I propose a Summer Break for The Terraces - Latics forum.

Edited by Yard Dog

Can we just shut down this Terraces section of the OWTB site during the months of June and July - it's :censored:ing tedious.

I propose a Summer Break for The Terraces - Latics forum.

Nah, people are bored. However, it is crap and there'll be a load of bell ends getting excited about us signing a mediocre third division player come the end of July.

I propose we use this time to fight the biggest injustice the World has ever seen, and to campaign to TAKE BACK THE WINTER FUEL ALLOWANCE.

Never before have I seen such blatent ageism. Taking from the poor, those aged under 44, and giving to the rich, those aged over 65*. Young families are huddling together in the cold repeating "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times" in a vain attempt to justify against rebelling, whilst the pensioners are off on their jollies in North Africa sunning themselves.

*The poorest sector is 16-24, followed by 25-34. The richest is 55-64, followed by 65-74. Combined the 65+ group is the third richest in the Country behind 45-54 and 55-64 before anyone goes on about 'poor pensioners'. The real poor are young, who should be getting helped.

While I agree with you about the Winter Fuel Allowance, I had my highest disposable income between the ages of 18 and 22. I drank most of it.

Benidorm in February is packed with old Brits who have turned off their heating and booked a bargain rate all inclusive deal in a warmer place, funded by their fuel allowance.

I also don't get why I should pay for their bus fare to the feckin airport.

Nah, people are bored. However, it is crap and there'll be a load of bell ends getting excited about us signing a mediocre third division player come the end of July.

I propose we use this time to fight the biggest injustice the World has ever seen, and to campaign to TAKE BACK THE WINTER FUEL ALLOWANCE.

Never before have I seen such blatent ageism. Taking from the poor, those aged under 44, and giving to the rich, those aged over 65*. Young families are huddling together in the cold repeating "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times" in a vain attempt to justify against rebelling, whilst the pensioners are off on their jollies in North Africa sunning themselves.

*The poorest sector is 16-24, followed by 25-34. The richest is 55-64, followed by 65-74. Combined the 65+ group is the third richest in the Country behind 45-54 and 55-64 before anyone goes on about 'poor pensioners'. The real poor are young, who should be getting helped.

+1000000000

There are lots of rich old people who have rich children and rich grand children, so this young vs old debate kind of fall aparts. I agree that not all old people should get a winter fuel rebate, but not all young people need to benefit either.