Dickov To Watford?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sky :censored:-stirring, creating news. Not a cat in hell's chance of this happening - look at our record since February? I like Dickov, but he has a lot to prove and would ruin his managerial career if he left now….

If he did leave now, given the amount of work he's supposedly put in to plan for next season, I reckon we'd be :censored:ed….

If he was offered it though would not blame him in the slightest if he did go

Why? What about the club he is contracted to? What about the club that took a huge gamble on last summer, what about his short-comings that were all too evident from February onwards? He owes us another year at the very least….

Why? What about the club he is contracted to? What about the club that took a huge gamble on last summer, what about his short-comings that were all too evident from February onwards? He owes us another year at the very least….

Im afraid though Paul chivalry is dead and dont think loyalty exists anymore

however I dont think he will go and upsticks down south so sudden. He has 2 young kids doesnt he ? Doubt he'd want to pull them out of school

Just off the top of my head

Billy Davies

Dave Jones

Gareth Southgate

All out of work all proven managers of sorts...

But according to that article watford also wont have a pot to piss in next season and need a manager who can get the most out of players on a tight budget, and any compensation would probably be minimal.

In some ways though I do agree with you Paul, we took a gamble on him. But what was already a tight budget last season has been cut, and in all honesty it will probably be cut yet again once the 60 percent rule comes in.

Didnt he get sacked though when they was 4th in the league?

He was still awful. It was at the start of the season and the fans had had enough.

To be frank, Dickov hasn't done enough here to be considered by Watford and to be even more frank, he's done so little I couldn't give two :censored:s if he left. Will anyone really be distraught?

I'll never out a manager (and I commend the style played), but I don't think we'd miss the average results that have taken place for months on end. If it starts how it finished he'll be sacked before Christmas, never mind anyone picking him up.

But according to that article watford also wont have a pot to piss in next season and need a manager who can get the most out of players on a tight budget, and any compensation would probably be minimal.

In some ways though I do agree with you Paul, we took a gamble on him. But what was already a tight budget last season has been cut, and in all honesty it will probably be cut yet again once the 60 percent rule comes in.

Would we get any? Hasn't Dickov's contract expired and there hasn't been any news on him signing a new one.

Would we get any? Hasn't Dickov's contract expired and there hasn't been any news on him signing a new one.

He is still here aint he? its just a one year rolling contract, correct me if im wrong but that dosnt require a signature. it ends when the club or the manager requests it. so we would but it would be very minimal.

Dickov owes us especially after that dreadful run we was on and still stuck by him, but i dont think would move down south for a job similiar to the one he has now. Next season watford will be in this league so what would be the point?

He is still here aint he? its just a one year rolling contract, correct me if im wrong but that dosnt require a signature. it ends when the club or the manager requests it. so we would but it would be very minimal.

Dickov owes us especially after that dreadful run we was on and still stuck by him, but i dont think would move down south for a job similiar to the one he has now. Next season watford will be in this league so what would be the point?

True but at t the day they are still a bigger club than us, and despite their financial trouble, he will have considerably more to work with there than us.And as I mentioned in my previous post, unless our attendances dramatically improve this season, the already crap budget he has to work with

I wouldnt blame him if he did go, but I personally dont think he will as he will have to uproot his family.

dowie

strachan

grant

robins

Chris Hughton too - can't believe no ones given him a chance yet, especially as he actually has taken a club out of the Championship.

Edited by JoeP

Dickov has the makings of a good manager but he's still got lot to learn and improve on before stepping up to the next level. I think he's probably smart enough to know this too. However if Watford do make an offer for him, then he should be smart enough to demand a contract from us too in order to stay.

Billy Davies - Used to working with a half decent budget, would want a fair whack in wages.

Gareth Southgate - Same as above

Dowie - Again absolute crap on a budget (I still havent forgot the abysmal run we went on prior to Dowie's departure)

Strachan - Always had money, would want a fair whack

Grant - Same as above

Robins - This would be a possibility

Apart from maybe Robins, all of the above would probably see

According to the sky sports article, Watford will have a limited budget. The obvious choice would have been Keith Hill had he not gone to Barnsley. Although still largely unproven, take into account the following

- Even on a limited budget, Dickov would have considerably more to work with than he would here than he would at Watford, in this league or the championship, so it would be a step up.

- Dickov has experience of working within tight budget constraints.

- For a good part of last season, he got us playing attractive attacking football, and had us in with a shout of the playoffs, getting the most out of players who were absolute :censored: the season before.

- He is on a one year rolling contract, compensation would be minimal, assuming we would get any at all. Next cheapest thing to an internal appointment.

In my opinion, Dickov ticks pretty much all the boxes for a club with limited finances looking for a manager who would be willing to operate on a limited budget, assuming they don't go for a cheap internal appointment.