Dickov To Watford?

Billy Davies - Used to working with a half decent budget, would want a fair whack in wages.

Gareth Southgate - Same as above

Dowie - Again absolute crap on a budget (I still havent forgot the abysmal run we went on prior to Dowie's departure)

Strachan - Always had money, would want a fair whack

Grant - Same as above

Robins - This would be a possibility

Apart from maybe Robins, all of the above would probably see

According to the sky sports article, Watford will have a limited budget. The obvious choice would have been Keith Hill had he not gone to Barnsley. Although still largely unproven, take into account the following

- Even on a limited budget, Dickov would have considerably more to work with than he would here than he would at Watford, in this league or the championship, so it would be a step up.

- Dickov has experience of working within tight budget constraints.

- For a good part of last season, he got us playing attractive attacking football, and had us in with a shout of the playoffs, getting the most out of players who were absolute :censored: the season before.

- He is on a one year rolling contract, compensation would be minimal, assuming we would get any at all. Next cheapest thing to an internal appointment.

In my opinion, Dickov ticks pretty much all the boxes for a club with limited finances looking for a manager who would be willing to operate on a limited budget, assuming they don't go for a cheap internal appointment.

To be fair, his budget wasn't that crap last season given the amount of players we paid off and bought in in January alone…

Not even in the frame according to this, just a lazy journo cock making :censored:e up…..

I think Ardley or Boothroyd may get it….

Not exactly odds on is he?

Edited by oafcprozac

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, his budget wasn't that crap last season given the amount of players we paid off and bought in in January alone…

Not even in the frame according to this, just a lazy journo cock making :censored:e up…..

I think Ardley or Boothroyd may get it….

Not exactly odds on is he?

But its only going to get worse season on season barring external investment or a significant increase in the average gate.

Robins or Boothroyd I think would be viable from that list.

But its only going to get worse season on season barring external investment or a significant increase in the average gate.

I think given how far down the line they were in pre-season, I think Ardley will get it so as not to rock the boat..if Dickov did go I think we'd be bollocksed as the only guy internally I would want to offer it to wouldn't want it - Philliskirk, and I think Dux would probably be a disaster….

You're discounting the new ground Carl there, alls gone quiet but who knows what they're up to?

You're discounting the new ground Carl there, alls gone quiet but who knows what they're up to?

With the new ground though, they need to learn from the failsworth mistakes, and before they unveil anything they need to make absolutely sure that any plans are deliverable, viable, fully costed, with the homework on any new site and the surrounding area done and done properly.

So could be a while before we hear anything there methinks.

It's not like you have to pay a fortune to get managers from outside.

If Dickov went, I still would like to see Gary Johnson here. I can't think it'd cost a bomb to get him from Northampton. But, he's one of many very cheap decent managers going.

Dux and TP are hardly the only options.

NB. The only thing I would say is that I worry every time we get a new manager that they may want their own youth coach. Which would be horrible.

It's not like you have to pay a fortune to get managers from outside.

If Dickov went, I still would like to see Gary Johnson here. I can't think it'd cost a bomb to get him from Northampton. But, he's one of many very cheap decent managers going.

Dux and TP are hardly the only options.

NB. The only thing I would say is that I worry every time we get a new manager that they may want their own youth coach. Which would be horrible.

Ronnie Moore the second, pisshead and a big gambler alledgedly….

Ronnie Moore the second, pisshead and a big gambler alledgedly….

Jesus, if we didn't hire managers for being pissheads then we'll be struggling.

But, my point is that there are many cheap managers. Be it a Dean Holdsworth, Jim Belntley or a John Coleman. They are there.

NB. I think you can move the 'allegedly'.

Dickov owes us !!! Oh come on, this is football 2011 - it doesn't work like that anymore. If he's approached, offered, and he's interested, he'll be gone.

So if you badily failing at your job for just over two months do you expect to be in a job? i wouldnt and thats why dickov owes us and he knows it. if it was any other manager they would of got the boot.

So if you badily failing at your job for just over two months do you expect to be in a job? i wouldnt and thats why dickov owes us and he knows it. if it was any other manager they would of got the boot.

Bollocks. He doesn't owe us, we don't owe him.

If it was a manager that had a poor start he'd be gone. He's here because of his good start.

It's a buy outable contract, nobody owes anyone.

Bollocks. He doesn't owe us, we don't owe him.

If it was a manager that had a poor start he'd be gone. He's here because of his good start.

It's a buy outable contract, nobody owes anyone.

in all honesty he does, but that dosnt count for anything. good start was a factor but not a major one, like i said any other manager would of been gone.

He'd be soon back down at league 1 and with there debt most probably similiar wage so i really carnt see him moving his family down south

I wouldn't argue that Watford are a team on the edge, but I'm yet to see the clause written in a managers contract that lowers their wage when they come down.

The family stuff, fair enough - but it hasn't stopped a million and one managers.

Personally, I can't see Watford taking him at all.

I wouldn't argue that Watford are a team on the edge, but I'm yet to see the clause written in a managers contract that lowers their wage when they come down.

The family stuff, fair enough - but it hasn't stopped a million and one managers.

Personally, I can't see Watford taking him at all.

i carnt so no point in discussing more :grin: