Lewis Alessandra

Technically gifted player with good vision at the lower levels, but I have to say 4 managers haven't rated him highly enough to play for us now. I think in a few years he might find his feet in a creative centre midfield role i.e. without the tackling!

Good luck Lewi

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to agree with you there Razza. I just don't get the Lewi thing. We have always looked a better team with him in the side and he knew how to play the game yet some how has failed to be a shoe in under a number of gaffers. People have said it is his attitude and how he trains but I never got that impression of him whist on the pitch when it actually mattered.

A good signing for Morecambe anyway

Mistake on Lewi leaving IMHO and good luck to the lad. Rumour has it that he's needs a rocket up his 'aris in training but I agree that the team looked more balanced and productive with him in it.

Incidentally, what's the fascination with the official site and players who have exited the club? I'm more interested in developments of players coming into the club as on one hand it's early days but on the other pre-season starts next week and we need the team gelling as early as possible so we're off and running come August.

I know it's to generate hits to the site or something but in a order of priority, I'm more interested in whats coming into the club shop in way of newly branded merchandise so I can buy to wear on holiday rather than being told that someone who left us last season (or even longer ago) has signed for X. In the words of Hawksbee and Jacobs - "Who Cares?" and "What a waste of ink (or pixels or whatever on this occasion)"

Mistake on Lewi leaving IMHO and good luck to the lad. Rumour has it that he's needs a rocket up his 'aris in training but I agree that the team looked more balanced and productive with him in it.

Incidentally, what's the fascination with the official site and players who have exited the club? I'm more interested in developments of players coming into the club as on one hand it's early days but on the other pre-season starts next week and we need the team gelling as early as possible so we're off and running come August.

I know it's to generate hits to the site or something but in a order of priority, I'm more interested in whats coming into the club shop in way of newly branded merchandise so I can buy to wear on holiday rather than being told that someone who left us last season (or even longer ago) has signed for X. In the words of Hawksbee and Jacobs - "Who Cares?" and "What a waste of ink (or pixels or whatever on this occasion)"

It's news that may be of interest to some. No harm. Not everyone trawls all the sites and a round up of what's happening in our division doesn't go amiss.

I'm more interested in whats coming into the club shop in way of newly branded merchandise so I can buy to wear on holiday rather than being told that someone who left us last season (or even longer ago) has signed for X.

Precisely. I can't recall so many non-stories before.

Got to agree with you there Razza. I just don't get the Lewi thing. We have always looked a better team with him in the side and he knew how to play the game yet some how has failed to be a shoe in under a number of gaffers. People have said it is his attitude and how he trains but I never got that impression of him whist on the pitch when it actually mattered.

A good signing for Morecambe anyway

I also thought Lewi was the best strike partner we had to play alongside Lee Hughes. If things had been different I thought they could have formed a really dangerous partnership over time.

How many chances dces a guy deserve? What's he done in 3 years? A hattrick against Scunthorpe, some nice link up play with Lee Hughes for 10 or so games and a little bit of promise by playing out wide for several games last season. The guy has also been injured for a large spell recently. And he seemingly has motivational and application issues. Dickov doesn't believe we need him, he's released better players than Alessandra, I'll trust his judgement.

With lewi on the left and jones on the right we looked a far more solid unit in the midfield. They both tracked back and did there jobs. It was when Dickov started messing about and put White and Morais there that we started to look weaker in the midfield.

Anyway good luck Lewi!

• 1 month later...

Sad thing is I'd have both of them in this squad at the moment

I wouldn't, they've proved as many before them that they can do much better and score many more goals in League 2 than they ever could in League 1.

Recently Smalley, Alessandrs, Davies and O'Grady have all scored goals in League 2 but not when they take the step up to League 1.

Edited by Hometownclub

I wouldn't, they've proved as many before them that they can do much better and score many more goals in League 2 than they ever could in League 1.

Recently Smalley, Alessandrs, Davies and O'Grady have all scored goals in League 2 but not when they take the step up to League 1.

Done enough to warrant a 300k price tag though, not a goalscorer at this level but his hold up play is brilliant, still wonder why he never got a chance!

Ogrady is garbage Sheffield wednesday subbed after 23 mins on your debut not injured says it all

he got subbed because he got injured :petesake:

Captain and centre-back Rob Jones failed a fitness test after picking up a broken nose at Bury, while striker Chris O’Grady (heel) is ruled out for several weeks

Edited by razza699

Ogrady is garbage Sheffield wednesday subbed after 23 mins on your debut not injured says it all

he got subbed because he got injured :petesake:

Captain and centre-back Rob Jones failed a fitness test after picking up a broken nose at Bury, while striker Chris O’Grady (heel) is ruled out for several weeks

B)

Same here

Correct decision to move both Lewi and Smalley on in my opinion. With all due respect to both of them (this applies moreso to Lewi), but they were living off a couple of outstanding performances in the first team. Both failed to perform at this level with us on a regular basis, and once they got their 3 year contracts, in my opinion they never really pushed on from there.

I would much rather have fresh, young hungry players who are capable of making the grade in our squad such as winchester, mellor, tarky, rather than players who have stood still for three years living off a couple of outstanding performances.