Paul Black Signs

I think this may be the issue, we seem reluctant to offer many 2 year deals. Reid, Morais, Carr, Black, Lee, McGrath all on one year deals. If that's what we are offering are targets then we will fall short. I know times are hard but there's little hope of any continuity.

When you look at the deals we offered last summer..

Jones - One year with an option

Feeney - Two years

McDonald - 1 year

Kelly and Jarrett - 6 months

Two season long loans

I really can't see us doing any better this summer.

On anothother note or two, i'm glad young Blacky is staying, he was by far our best option at left-back and was shafted in favour of the hot and cold Evina and the ineffective White (From Feb onwards)

Oh and that's a bloody nice top he's wearing, get some fatty sizes in Hardy!!!!!

Paul Black

The constant one year deals is slight disconcerting, I think it comes down to budget. I assume that we offering one year deals as no-one knows the budget for next season or the division we will be in (whether up or down), also gives the club room to reduce the players wage if need be.

PS Also really hope the top goes on sale nicest one for a while

Edited by oldhamandy1

I think this may be the issue, we seem reluctant to offer many 2 year deals. Reid, Morais, Carr, Black, Lee, McGrath all on one year deals. If that's what we are offering are targets then we will fall short. I know times are hard but there's little hope of any continuity.

When you look at the deals we offered last summer..

Jones - One year with an option

Feeney - Two years

McDonald - 1 year

Kelly and Jarrett - 6 months

Two season long loans

I really can't see us doing any better this summer.

On anothother note or two, i'm glad young Blacky is staying, he was by far our best option at left-back and was shafted in favour of the hot and cold Evina and the ineffective White (From Feb onwards)

Oh and that's a bloody nice top he's wearing, get some fatty sizes in Hardy!!!!!

Paul Black

I agree with Blacky being the better option. wasnt keen of Evina in that position, which is why i wasnt unhappy about him staying.

The constant one year deals is slight disconcerting, I think it comes down to budget. I assume that we offering one year deals as no-one knows the budget for next season or the division we will be in (whether up or down), also gives the club room to reduce the players wage if need be.

PS Also really hope the top goes on sale nicest one for a while

You just answered your own question

Paul Black

I guess you could look at it another way - all the above players have been happy to sign 1-year deals and up to now, only Rubes has rejected us.

Maybe we're keeping the 2-year deals warm for the players who weren't with us last season, i.e. a goalscorer who can score!

Should be in the shop by the end of next month according to AH. I emailed him.

Also he's tryin to sort out new beach towels. Whole new range of stuff on its way apparently.

Beach Towels probably should have been sorted by now- schools must be breaking up in 3 weeks, Unis already have, a decent percentage of those who can take their summer holiday outside of school holidays will probably be going away very shortly, if not already.

Its the problem with changing the badge without thinking clearly about merchandise implications. But then again this is Latics.