mls eye jones!

Why?. I wouldnt mind him making our midfield tick, did you know that Toronto get 12000 - 14000 fans per match and make it a great place to play football.

If Toronto FC were in our league I would bet that they would make the playoffs, the MLS is a good standard .

We did better when he was in the team last season.

Did he really reject a new contract?!!?!!

On 9 May 2011, Jones declined Oldham's offer of a one-year extension to his contract, despite Dickov's keenness to keep him on. The two parties then agreed that Jones would leave on a free transfer at the end of his current contract. according to Wikipaedia... :unsure:

We did better when he was in the team last season.

Did he really reject a new contract?!!?!!

No

Dickov yesterday informed Lewis Alessandra, Ritchie Jones, Rod McDonald, Josh Ollerenshaw and Andy Todd they will not be offered new deals while Reuben Reid was told the club will not be exercising its option on him for next season.

His agent's done a great job spinning his 'yeah i dumped her' story.

Why?. I wouldnt mind him making our midfield tick, did you know that Toronto get 12000 - 14000 fans per match and make it a great place to play football.

If Toronto FC were in our league I would bet that they would make the playoffs, the MLS is a good standard .

I wouldn't mind him (or anyone, providing they are good enough) making our midfield tick either. But there is about as much chance of him making a midfield tick (in any decent standard of football) as there is of me going to Tokyos tonight and pulling Scarlett Johansson.

He is a poor player. That's why he wasn't good enough for us, or Hartlepool. He gives the ball away in midfield far too often, and he is massively lightweight. The reason he was often played out of position is that he wasn't good enough to play in the centre of our (or Hartlepools) midfield.

I thought we looked a better bet, and played better stuff with Lewis on the left and Jones on the right of midfield.

I wouldn't call Jones a poor player, far from it actually. I'd have been more than happy to have had him in the squad for this season; but PD and the management team obviously think they can do better; so in their judgement we trust.

Watch a bit of MLS on TV and TBH the standard is improveing all the time; there are some cracking US players coming through their system and I'd say its now bottom Champ / very top half of L1 level; and getting better & better all the time.

If Jones makes that move; IMO he won't find it any different to the standard he's used to already (all bar the pitches really)

Good luck to him really; wish him all the best

I thought we looked a better bet, and played better stuff with Lewis on the left and Jones on the right of midfield.

I wouldn't call Jones a poor player, far from it actually. I'd have been more than happy to have had him in the squad for this season; but PD and the management team obviously think they can do better; so in their judgement we trust.

Watch a bit of MLS on TV and TBH the standard is improveing all the time; there are some cracking US players coming through their system and I'd say its now bottom Champ / very top half of L1 level; and getting better & better all the time.

If Jones makes that move; IMO he won't find it any different to the standard he's used to already (all bar the pitches really)

Good luck to him really; wish him all the best

Have to agree - if he had worked a little harder then I believe he would have been a more regular starter.

I wouldn't mind him (or anyone, providing they are good enough) making our midfield tick either. But there is about as much chance of him making a midfield tick (in any decent standard of football) as there is of me going to Tokyos tonight and pulling Scarlett Johansson.

He is a poor player. That's why he wasn't good enough for us, or Hartlepool. He gives the ball away in midfield far too often, and he is massively lightweight. The reason he was often played out of position is that he wasn't good enough to play in the centre of our (or Hartlepools) midfield.

Agreed. One of the least penetrative midfielders I have seen in a long time, wasnt good enough when he played, creativity zero. Whoever said we were better when h played is talking rubbish

Agreed. One of the least penetrative midfielders I have seen in a long time, wasnt good enough when he played, creativity zero. Whoever said we were better when h played is talking rubbish

I would say you are talking rubbish regarding Jones. Results in the first half of last season point to better performances with Jones on the right than the second half without Jones. I think he gave Lee the confidence to go forward knowing that the space behind was covered.

I know what you mean. When Jones played on the right in first half of the season we was completely :censored:. Second half of season without him playing, we were amazing, playing everyone of the park, and scoring for fun.

What he said, poor poor lightweight player! I'd rather have Griff Rhys Jones in our midfield :grin:

The ex-Manchester United trainee is a free agent after rejecting a new deal at Oldham Athletic.

:lol: :lol:

I didnt mind Jones but that is utter bull:censored: . He cause trouble on a few occasions* and Dickov got rid

*Although I would kick off if Sam Mantom was brought in and played ahead of me in my natural position

The ex-Manchester United trainee is a free agent after rejecting a new deal at Oldham Athletic.

:lol: :lol:

I didnt mind Jones but that is utter bull:censored: . He cause trouble on a few occasions* and Dickov got rid

*Although I would kick off if Sam Mantom was brought in and played ahead of me in my natural position

And how long can he keep blagging half decent contracts on the strength of that I wonder...