New Signings Imminent

i'd put him in the Steve Howard, Marcus Bent and Feeney bracket - no thanks.

i worry more about our midfield than our strikers - no matter who we have up front they aint gonna get 1 goal betweene them with no service.

Morais and Taylor can create, but Furman isn't a creator - we need a couple of decent CM's to boost us.

We shall see, but i know who i'd take over Porter or Lisbie given the chance.

You have just pointed out the creators. Taylor and Morais creators on the wings, 2 scrappers in centre mid who can come in with a few goals between them. Isn't that a bit like the squad that got us into the prem? Creators on wings, battlers in centre mids who can come up with a few goals between them.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd put him in the Steve Howard, Marcus Bent and Feeney bracket - no thanks.

i worry more about our midfield than our strikers - no matter who we have up front they aint gonna get 1 goal betweene them with no service.

Morais and Taylor can create, but Furman isn't a creator - we need a couple of decent CM's to boost us.

We shall see, but i know who i'd take over Porter or Lisbie given the chance.

Have to be honest but if it was Marcus Bent or Steve Howard I would be over the moon, I dont think you can class them in the same sentence as Feeney.

Have to be honest but if it was Marcus Bent or Steve Howard I would be over the moon, I dont think you can class them in the same sentence as Feeney.

howard maybe so, but bent has scored about 6 goals in the past 18 months, granted thats more then Feeney, but still not great. 33 and doubt he has the hunger for it, another journeyman who would just be stealing a wage.

Howard may get you 10 from headers but he is nothing more than a fat lump and with our front players not blessed with amazing pace, i'd be worried.

Anyway, as i myself posted we will get who we get and then have to deal with it either way, so whoever we are after bring 'em on and good luck to them.

howard maybe so, but bent has scored about 6 goals in the past 18 months, granted thats more then Feeney, but still not great. 33 and doubt he has the hunger for it, another journeyman who would just be stealing a wage.

Howard may get you 10 from headers but he is nothing more than a fat lump and with our front players not blessed with amazing pace, i'd be worried.

Anyway, as i myself posted we will get who we get and then have to deal with it either way, so whoever we are after bring 'em on and good luck to them.

You are right in that sense, doesn't matter who everyone else wants its down to PD an rightly so............. in Dickov we trust!

whoever it is most people sound positive about the prospect. Lets hope we can pull this one off. We need to have a wow signing it's been too long since the last one. I for one am not interested in knowing the name of this player until it's happened.

No!!!!!!!! B) Shared with a couple of people but really dont want to jinx it. If it is the lad I suspect 95% of fans would be delighted and 5% go "who?".

Its a lad who lives in an adjoining apartment and said he BELIEVES "XXXXXXX" is in talks with us, likes Dickovs attitude and wants to step up, no proof but he has no reason to tell porkies not that kind of lad. Meant nothing to me (knickname) to be honest. XXXXXX had shown interest but his mate XXXXXXXX left.

Said hes a really decent lad and young family. Keen to stay close to XXXXXXXXXX... WE WILL SEE. Just fingers crossed hes right.

ah, i know who it is and been mentioned plenty on here.

No!!!!!!!! B) Shared with a couple of people but really dont want to jinx it. If it is the lad I suspect 95% of fans would be delighted and 5% go "who?".

Its a lad who lives in an adjoining apartment and said he BELIEVES "XXXXXXX" is in talks with us, likes Dickovs attitude and wants to step up, no proof but he has no reason to tell porkies not that kind of lad. Meant nothing to me (knickname) to be honest. XXXXXX had shown interest but his mate XXXXXXXX left.

Said hes a really decent lad and young family. Keen to stay close to XXXXXXXXXX... WE WILL SEE. Just fingers crossed hes right.

So if it is a step up it is someone from l2?

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/league-two/2010-2011/league-tables/top-goalscorers.html

Which to me makes it pretty obvious! You have given too much away haha

So if it is a step up it is someone from l2?

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/league-two/2010-2011/league-tables/top-goalscorers.html

Which to me makes it pretty obvious! You have given too much away haha

who said it's league 2?

if it's the lad im thinkin of he did very well in first pre season friendly.

i could be totally wrong here tho.......

who said it's league 2?

if it's the lad im thinkin of he did very well in first pre season friendly.

i could be totally wrong here tho.......

Hmm but if you look at the guys user name and guess that he must be based in sheffield and then look at the list of top scorers in l2 and then see one who is based quite near by sheffield who happens to be 24 and finally you add that he is a player that is often talked about as a prolific lower league striker who if memory serves correct has already played at clubs based near latics then you come to the conclusion that it must be....

dont want to jinx it though ;)

Hmm but if you look at the guys user name and guess that he must be based in sheffield and then look at the list of top scorers in l2 and then see one who is based quite near by sheffield who happens to be 24 and finally you add that he is a player that is often talked about as a prolific lower league striker who if memory serves correct has already played at clubs based near latics then you come to the

conclusion that it must be....

dont want to jinx it though ;)

The lad I'm thinking of lives in sheffield...just followed him on twitter

Edited by MaskedOwl