Diamond completes 1 year deal

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't think Blackman was given a fair chance and I liked him in glimpses, but he's not the type of striker we should be looking at. We need a fox in the boxer, we pretty much have every other type of striker already.

So based upon this assumption only fox in the box type players score goals? COs i bet the ones we have at the moment dont

Having seen a lot of Zander I am surprised we have secured his services. Does make the odd mistake & can be injury prone but a real 100% effort player who will get us a few goals from set plays. As for Aberdeen fans I think most do rate him...though the Dons fans can be a tad harsh on their own players...(Sound familiar?)

If he scores a couple of goals will it be a case of 'double diamond works wonders'? Am I showing my age!!

:getmecoat:

If he scores an own goal it'll be classic one-for-the-ladies drinking-in-the-park favourite, Diamond Blush.

Score an own goal in a cup tie against QPR when their first team coach is managing the team and it'll be Diamond's R's Keith Curle's Best Friend (tenuous I know).

If he scores an own goal it'll be classic one-for-the-ladies drinking-in-the-park favourite, Diamond Blush.

Score an own goal in a cup tie against QPR when their first team coach is managing the team and it'll be Diamond's R's Keith Curle's Best Friend (tenuous I know).

If he scores during a night-match it'll be….

7331hc.png

Edited by oafcprozac

Some of the critism from Dons fans could well be similar to what happens here, a player leaves and they get bad mouthed. Not by all, but look at Stephens when he left people were finding faults in his game that did not matter when he was here.

and - aberdeen fans seem to like abusing their players:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14081445.stm

Hazell was solid for like three seasons and had one iffy one. I have to qualms with the guy. One of the better defenders we've had in recent years. Better than Haining, Holden, Thompson, Branston, Owen, Forbes and Stam.

Edited by PlayItLivo

Hazell was solid for like three seasons and had one iffy one. I have to qualms with the guy. One of the better defenders we've had in recent years. Better than Haining, Holden, Thompson, Branston, Owen, Forbes and Stam.

exactly , but people are going on about him as if weve just finally released Kangana or someone

exactly , but people are going on about him as if weve just finally released Kangana or someone

Ok, time this Hazell debate was put to bed. No he wasn't the worst we've had not by a long shot. The most frustrating aspect of Rueben's game was that all his mistakes were avoidable - more often than not by being too casual and getting caught out, :censored:e backpasses, holding onto it too long etc, etc when he didn't have time to think and just defended he was one of the best in the league - but it was these lapses in concentration that prior to his 4 year stay at BP saw him as a bit of journeyman. The main issue I had with Hazell is that often his mistakes would come when under little or no pressure, his lack of concentration cost him his career at Villa I reckon and from being a steady championship centre-back. Good Luck to him at The New Meadow, I think he'll do very well for them. I agree that he was better than The Lord, Neil Moore, Peter Skipper, Iain Swann and Mark Hotte... :wink:

Ok, time this Hazell debate was put to bed. No he wasn't the worst we've had not by a long shot. The most frustrating aspect of Rueben's game was that all his mistakes were avoidable - more often than not by being too casual and getting caught out, :censored:e backpasses, holding onto it too long etc, etc when he didn't have time to think and just defended he was one of the best in the league - but it was these lapses in concentration that prior to his 4 year stay at BP saw him as a bit of journeyman. The main issue I had with Hazell is that often his mistakes would come when under little or no pressure, his lack of concentration cost him his career at Villa I reckon and from being a steady championship centre-back. Good Luck to him at The New Meadow, I think he'll do very well for them. I agree that he was better than The Lord, Neil Moore, Peter Skipper, Iain Swann and Mark Hotte... :wink:

and thats the end of that chapter !

From my mate who is an Aberdeen fan, after reading the original other forum link...

"Pretty much what they have said on there. When he was first on the scene he was my favourite player – back of my shirt and all sorts. But after Russell Anderson left he never had a consistent experienced CB next to him and he just never improved.

He always gives 100% though, thinks he’s a lot better than he is and tries to skin the whole team every now and then. Far too weak as well.

As Darren describes him, he will either score and be man of the match or be at fault for every goal in the game"

From my mate who is an Aberdeen fan, after reading the original other forum link...

"Pretty much what they have said on there. When he was first on the scene he was my favourite player – back of my shirt and all sorts. But after Russell Anderson left he never had a consistent experienced CB next to him and he just never improved.

He always gives 100% though, thinks he’s a lot better than he is and tries to skin the whole team every now and then. Far too weak as well.

As Darren describes him, he will either score and be man of the match or be at fault for every goal in the game"

So he is like the white version of hazzel accept he could get man of the match and also score :D