Diamond completes 1 year deal

Rangers fan view:

I rated him when he was younger he was destined for big thing but a series of injuries have hampered him. I think he’l be a cracking signing for you’s very versatile, but his best position is an attacking right back.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers fan view:

I rated him when he was younger he was destined for big thing but a series of injuries have hampered him. I think he’l be a cracking signing for you’s very versatile, but his best position is an attacking right back.

too tall for right back FACT

Interesting how the move came about because Butler (fitness coach) got in touch with zander's agent!

He's been here a week already on trial

Young and enthusiastic Managment team made him choose us over others as well as us being a friendly club.

He needs a bit of polishing by all accounts but has a good mentor in Taggart. Big Jean and "Z" will hopefully prove to be a great pairing with Tarky given time to come into own. The 12 month deal is good in that it allows both parties to see how things go and prove fitness/quality. No sitting on contract.

Ignoring the specifics of this particualr deal this short term philosophy is at the root of very many of the problems afflicting the lower divisions. It's not that circumstances give clubs much of an option though.

:lol: have to love his comments on the OS

Diamond explained: "I cannot wait to get started. I spent nine years in the Scottish Premier League at Aberdeen and you can become stale.

The other comment was the best about playing cup matches " was also a major factor".

Obviously don't get english cup results in Scotland for the last few years or so. :lol: