Reserves against Ashton

Finished 2-0. Defending looked far from convincing - Ashton hit the crossbar twice and the post once - but all in all a decent performance. Josh Parker looked quick and lively and scored two cracking goals; for his first he broke free out wide and curled the ball into the top-far corner with the outside of his boot, and for his second he span their 6ft+ centre half on the edge of the area and lobbed the keeper with ease. Mellor looked strong and creative and made a couple of surging runs from the middle of the park. Other two trialists (black left back and European-looking left mid) looked far from convincing. Morais played the full 90 but clearly wasn't trying his hardest.

Edited by excharnwoodlatic

Finished 2-0. Defending looked far from convincing - Ashton hit the crossbar twice and the post once - but a decent performance. Josh Parker scored two cracking goals; first one broke free out wide and curled it into the far top corner with the outside of his boot, second one span their 6ftplus centre half on the edge of the area and lobbed the keeper. Mellow looked very strong and creative and made a couple of surging runs from the middle of the park. Other two trialists (black left back, European looking left mid) looked useless.

so would you sign parker up?

Finished 2-0. Defending looked far from convincing - Ashton hit the crossbar twice and the post once - but all in all a decent performance. Josh Parker looked quick and lively and scored two cracking goals; for his first he broke free out wide and curled the ball into the top-far corner with the outside of his boot, and for his second he span their 6ft+ centre half on the edge of the area and lobbed the keeper with ease. Mellor looked strong and creative and made a couple of surging runs from the middle of the park. Other two trialists (black left back and European-looking left mid) looked far from convincing. Morais played the full 90 but clearly wasn't trying his hardest.

K. Parker against MK Dons? :lol:

That's not for me to say ^_^ but the fact Duxbury took him off after 45mins suggests he'll be in the squad for Saturday. No Dickov tonight but, according to my brother, Taggart was there.

Dickov was there with his son and the missus turned up at the end to pick them up.

Josh Parker - yes I think will be tomorrows signing, taken off after 45 minutes and looked very relaxed with the lads in the second half sitting in the stand.

No Marc, I have heard a small whisper there are problems in sorting a deal out even beyond the possible training payment I mentioned the other day. If he doesn't sign it will be a sad loss to Latics, I tried to ask Dickov the question but he seemed to not hear me which is a bit unusual as he is normally vey approachable.

We will have to wait and see.

The French left full back with the hair was gash and we had a left sided (trialist) midfielder/winger (I was told he was Moroccan) was very light weight and also gash.

Ian G.

Dickov was there with his son and the missus turned up at the end to pick them up.

Josh Parker - yes I think will be tomorrows signing, taken off after 45 minutes and looked very relaxed with the lads in the second half sitting in the stand.

No Marc, I have heard a small whisper there are problems in sorting a deal out even beyond the possible training payment I mentioned the other day. If he doesn't sign it will be a sad loss to Latics, I tried to ask Dickov the question but he seemed to not hear me which is a bit unusual as he is normally vey approachable.

We will have to wait and see.

The French left full back with the hair was gash and we had a left sided (trialist) midfielder/winger (I was told he was Moroccan) was very light weight and also gash.

Ian G.

Thank you Ian, your another one who can see it. Let him go so he aint wasting our time any more!

Thank you Ian, your another one who can see it. Let him go so he aint wasting our time any more!

He was particularly poor tonight, as was '11'. Parker looked a threat every time he got the ball and it's a shame that Ashton's No. 9 Chris Amadi is 27 and a little too old imo, but he caused us a lot of problems and looked a real handful...

He was particularly poor tonight, as was '11'. Parker looked a threat every time he got the ball and it's a shame that Ashton's No. 9 Chris Amadi is 27 and a little too old imo, but he caused us a lot of problems and looked a real handful...

Parker must be signed after showing such finishing prowess.

I thought Ashton's terrier like number 4 Danny Lambert had a very good game, sprayed some great passes too, only young I understand and one to watch for the future.

I agree about Amadi, silky skills for a big man, what has he been doing all those wasted years ?

Forgot to mention - Ashton's no 9, the Adeybayor lookalike, was more than a handful in the first half. Think we should work on a 'snap them up from the basement leagues' policy. There's a few gems kicking about aka Smith, Hall, Andrews, Cooksy etc. What about that Norton fella who plays for FC United? I've seen him score goals for fun for Curzon Ashton. Never too late to give players like this a go and their wage demands would be minimal

Forgot to mention - Ashton's no 9, the Adeybayor lookalike, was more than a handful in the first half. Think we should work on a 'snap them up from the basement leagues' policy. There's a few gems kicking about aka Smith, Hall, Andrews, Cooksy etc. What about that Norton fella who plays for FC United? I've seen him score goals for fun for Curzon Ashton. Never too late to give players like this a go and their wage demands would be minimal

Me and BP1960 had already highlighted Chris Amadi and may well have been worth another look, but at 27 I think he's too old and too raw to be taking a gamble on imo.

Me and BP1960 had already highlighted Chris Amadi and may well have been worth another look, but at 27 I think he's too old and too raw to be taking a gamble on imo.

27? Not to bad, didnt Eyres come into the football league at 25? Look how good he turned out to be.. 27 is the start of a strikers prime years.. Could be at least worth a trial to see how he does?