Dickov praises feeney

Well said Paul. No doubt people on here will still give him grief (yes I know he was awful) - but he could have stuck about and took a wage.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsUpdate/0,,10337~2410230,00.html

Fair play to Dickov for saying that, but I am still sticking with the 'Good riddance you wage stealing waste of space lazy **** who couldnt score in a Belfast Brothel in happy hour' stance.

Well said Paul. No doubt people on here will still give him grief (yes I know he was awful) - but he could have stuck about and took a wage.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsUpdate/0,,10337~2410230,00.html

I want to make sure I fully understand what happened, so I re read the article a few times, I am guessing it didn't work out for him...

Fair play to Dickov for saying that, but I am still sticking with the 'Good riddance you wage stealing waste of space lazy **** who couldnt score in a Belfast Brothel in happy hour' stance.

We Offered him a contract then left before it ended so he could play. Hardly stole a wage. I'd say he acted with a bit of dignity.

Otherwise I'm in agreement with you!

Edited by pukka

Judging from the article, where Dickov claims that Feeney took a pay cut to join Plymouth, it would seem that his pay off from Latics was slim.

In other words, his contract settlement from Latics + his new wage at Plymouth, add up to less than the total wage he would have received had he stayed here till June.

Either that or Dickov is talking bollocks.

I want to make sure I fully understand what happened, so I re read the article a few times, I am guessing it didn't work out for him...

:lol:

I think that's a fair enough assessment from PD - he was hardly going to come out and rip into him in public was he? The article is pretty spot on - manager speak for we made a mistake and we've managed to move him on so both parties can start again......

The flip side is Feeney was terrible for us, a shockingly poor footballer all told and thank goodness he's no longer our player.

Edited by slystallone

Why do I have this feeling that he'll end up scoring between 10 and 15 goals next season?!

Admittedly they'll be the argument it's a league lower but will be equally frustrating as to why he didn't do it here.

Couldn't agree more. And no doubt he will join the long list of strikers who perform anywhere but here.