Squad for tomorrow

I am sure the rule used to be that you change up to with 12 hours of a kick-off, this may have chnaged though and i cant see any 2am signings

I'm sure we signed someone once on the Saturday morning and they went straight into the squad or even the side.

May be wrong

I am sure the rule used to be that you change up to with 12 hours of a kick-off, this may have chnaged though and i cant see any 2am signings

I didn't think there were any rules around the naming of a squad.

You can add / remove players at will.

The 11 starters and 5 subs provided to the referee is all that matters officially. As long as they're all properly registered etc (what those cut off times are varies, I've seen 5pm the day before, midnight the day before a midday on the day before now).

Edited by opinions4u

why does 12:00pm on Match Day ring a bell ?

you can change squad anytime you want once its named....i think the only deadline is for new players which is usually they need to be signed before 5pm the day before to be able to play in the game....cant see anything else happening now though to be honest....but im prepared to be proved wrong

The Chron story implies that we had to sign any players before noon. If that's right, I suppose it's not a squad-related rule, but about registering players with the FA/FL. In which case we can presumably forget about anyone else joining the squad for tomorrow's game.