Mike Newton back at Latics

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So did Newton take his money back in Feb, leading to wagegate and Ollerenshaw not being able to renew his car insurance, and now there's some certainty around stadium etc he's back in?

Or am I reading far too much in to baseless rumours on a messageboard?

Funnily enough I had the same thought.

But these alleged sightings on the bus, in the dugout (!)are likely to have happened if he was involved around Feb, he seems to like getting involved (not neccesarily a bad thing per se) so I cannot see him being a silent partner.

So did Newton take his money back in Feb, leading to wagegate and Ollerenshaw not being able to renew his car insurance, and now there's some certainty around stadium etc he's back in?

Or am I reading far too much in to baseless rumours on a messageboard?

As far as I know he was given his £250k back when he left the club in May/June last year….although we did ask for time to pay…£1 a week….

Yeah I thought so. Whatever happened to him? Best thing that he brought was his daughter!!!

I believe he didn't get on with TTA.

But as soon as he started talking about making a bid for the club, he sealed his own exit, as it was deemed he had a conflict of interest, and was asked to resign from the board if he was going to make a bid.

Needless to say he made a bid, it was rejected outright, and that 50k 'investment' he made when he was appointed chairman of the club all of a sudden turned into a 50k loan.

The bloke is a fairly senior international banker, and i presume (jss to confirm?) from a tradition who are no strangers to money-lending. It doesnt have to be cash out of his own pocket, if the development plans make sense he may be able to help arrange funding. I'm not seeing the need to get too worried about this. Although i will follow it with interest.

The bloke is a fairly senior international banker, and i presume (jss to confirm?) from a tradition who are no strangers to money-lending. It doesnt have to be cash out of his own pocket, if the development plans make sense he may be able to help arrange funding. I'm not seeing the need to get too worried about this. Although i will follow it with interest.

Is that a banking pun or just a continuation of the interest we all have in this topic?

• 1 month later...