Great result tonight

I must admit, I had us down for a standard reverse against the Iron tonight, but from listening to the game on LW, it sounds like we did ok.

Really pleased Smithy bagged, and chuffed for Mellor as well. Gutted JYM got his marching orders, and think we may see a loanee in before Dale at home.

Well done PD and well done the lads - a superb victory.

I think we have to give Dickov a lot of credit for this victory, it was brave of him to name the starting eleven that he did and i think a lot of us were a bit skeptic when we saw it. Any faith i lost has been fully restored and i can't wait to get into the ground on saturday for the dale game. The season starts now.

Credit to Dickov for making three changes and giving Mellor a chance, really hope he starts Saturday. Fantastic result, especially as it finished 10 vs 12. Sounds like Mvoto's first booking was an utter joke (said on LP the lino flagged for a free kick for us), but can't appeal it unfortunately. Cisak's booking sounded pretty harsh as well - did the ref warn him for timewasting before giving him a yellow card?

Still, great win, made up for Mellor, and Smith really needed that goal. Onwards and upwards.

Great win tonight, but I missed whether Mvoto got a straight red or a second yellow. As Tarky is injured, who do we have to play alongside Diamond on Saturday?

2nd yellow!

Clumsy lunge, but wouldnt have got booked if he made the challenge in the first few mins of the game according to GMR, but it sounded like m'voto had a very shaky game!

I think we have to give Dickov a lot of credit for this victory, it was brave of him to name the starting eleven that he did and i think a lot of us were a bit skeptic when we saw it. Any faith i lost has been fully restored and i can't wait to get into the ground on saturday for the dale game. The season starts now.

+1

Thought he got it wrong on Saturday and had doubts about his ability to mix things up. Certainly did that tonight to great effect!

Apparently it was a quality bounce when Smith struck!

As the players lined up for the free kick, it looked as though Taylor was telling Smith to get on the end of it, and then he patted Smith on the cheek. Over comes the free kick and the big man sends a header back across goal into the far corner, followed by wild celebrations in the stand.

A new chant was created for Smith and "There's only one Paul Dickov" was appreciated by the Boss.

The home fans were sick - "We can see Iron filing out". :lol:

I must admit, I had us down for a standard reverse against the Iron tonight, but from listening to the game on LW, it sounds like we did ok.

Really pleased Smithy bagged, and chuffed for Mellor as well. Gutted JYM got his marching orders, and think we may see a loanee in before Dale at home.

Well done PD and well done the lads - a superb victory.

Same here, I gave us no chance in hell.

Eating humble pie for breakfast this morning and enjoying every bite too

Love the part where he says we only had three chances and scored two, refreshing to hear that we were able to do what teams seem to do to us so often! Hopefully last night will give us the belief that we can actually score goals and grind out victorys.