Nathan Clarke Signs

Spoke to my Mother-In-Law's fella, who is a Town season ticket holder, and he has just spoken very highly of him. Said he got a bad injury that ruled him out for almost the season when Lee Clark first came in; and when he was fit again; he was used a bit part as Clark had brought in 'his men' at CB.

Went to Colchester last season from Jan onwards and did well for them.

Low down from him is that he's a decent player with the ball at his feet (he can do more than just hoof), has a bullet throw and is a threat from set plays (scored some important goals for Town over his time there)

Had some banter about us having lots of town rejects and he said he's "tonnes better" than the likes of Worthy, Holdsworth, Parker et all.

I'm really pleased with this. Its competition for places, it fills the immediate void, and once M'Voto is back from ban he will have to work to get back in again; which is exactly as it should be.

It wouldn’t surprise me if this deal was made perm in the Jan window either.

Happy days for me this. Now for the extra CM & Striker and we're done!!!!!

Looks like it was done yesterday near enough, and they seem to only have good things to say about him

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=59913

Really can't believe that none of them guessed that he'd be coming here!! They must have mentioned a dozen clubs but us!!

Sounds like a great signing if that forum is anything to go by....

Spoke to my Mother-In-Law's fella, who is a Town season ticket holder, and he has just spoken very highly of him. Said he got a bad injury that ruled him out for almost the season when Lee Clark first came in; and when he was fit again; he was used a bit part as Clark had brought in 'his men' at CB.

Went to Colchester last season from Jan onwards and did well for them.

Low down from him is that he's a decent player with the ball at his feet (he can do more than just hoof), has a bullet throw and is a threat from set plays (scored some important goals for Town over his time there)

Had some banter about us having lots of town rejects and he said he's "tonnes better" than the likes of Worthy, Holdsworth, Parker et all.

I'm really pleased with this. Its competition for places, it fills the immediate void, and once M'Voto is back from ban he will have to work to get back in again; which is exactly as it should be.

It wouldn’t surprise me if this deal was made perm in the Jan window either.

Happy days for me this. Now for the extra CM & Striker and we're done!!!!!

Sounds like he will be a decent signing, but i'll be surprised if he's 'tonnes better' than holdsworth who i thought was a good player and it was a mistake to let him go.

Sounds like he will be a decent signing, but i'll be surprised if he's 'tonnes better' than holdsworth who i thought was a good player and it was a mistake to let him go.

He's not as good as Holdsworth.

Most of the good feeling towards him is because he's been a great servant for us. He's not abysmal, but he's certainly not great... basically a League One centre half! Think he'll do a decent job for you, and as you've seen from DATM, he's left with all of our blessing.

Can't remember much about him to be honest - sounds a decent addition but think Dale have made a good move signing Balkestein from Brentford.

He looked good against us at BP.

Having said that lots of players over the years look good against us and then fail miserably here!

I used to think Derrick Parker was a great player for Barnsley!!!

good signing...over 300 games for terriers....this statistic speaks for itself.

keeps with dickovs policy of players who want to play, and arent too old, but this time we've got some experience to go with it. with any luck we can keep hold of him if he does well

keeps with dickovs policy of players who want to play, and arent too old, but this time we've got some experience to go with it. with any luck we can keep hold of him if he does well

We need that more than anything, so this is probably one of the best signings Dickov has made. So long as he isn't :censored:*, which nothing leads me to think he is.

*this lad is fairly proven. Diamond (obviously you give him the benefit) but I watch enough Scottish football (and midweek showed how weak that is) to say he's had a very bad time of recent. Hilarious non-league duffer bad time.

Looked quality today, very vocal, read the game well, good in the air and a crackin header for the goal!

On that performance (ok it was against a 10 man rochdale side who will struggle this season) m'voto wont be walkin straight back into the team! Hope we can keep him!

Edited by Gaz_Oafc