Or maybe hes a League 1/2 class keeper whos expected to get in the way of the easy to save stuff but cant pull off miracles it when he has :censored: like Nathan Clarke as his central defender

Nathan Clarke was a top class defender according to most last week, this week he's :censored:!

Get a grip, it's his second game and it was a bad performance all round and would be unfair to blame individuals!

I do understand that it was a bad performance by all but iv noticed on highlights that he hasn't coped as well as I'd of expected with most of our conceded goals. Iv only been to the Rochdale game unfortunatey where he didn't have much to do so iv not seen the full 90 mins.

All doom & gloom lol ... Look lets get it right here dickov is trying his best with what he has got & that is well lets say :censored: all? our budget is that of a :censored:ing conferience team its disgusting at best all these latics fans who live in cloud cuckoo land take off your rose tinted specs off and get a reality check... rant over grow up!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeh we all live in cuckoo land because we say something that we feel, in other terms, expressing our opinion. Time and time again we have people wining on about people expressing there opinion, your in a forum get used to it. That's why they were invented you tool.

Don't get so upset when people talk there minds.

And before you say it, I'm not upset. Just expressing my thoughts

Surley he couldn't of done much with the 4 goals today, The first goal went smack bang in the top corner if he's saving them he wouldn't be here, the 2nd was a pen which went under his arm you either save them or you don't. The 3rd is a killer for the team straight after half time and all 4 defenders are stood there looking at a guy heading it in the top corner again if he's saving shots and headers that are heading for the top corner he'd be worth millions. Think we should be looking at the defenders before we start calling the keeper. Your only as good as your defence as they say.

Yeh we all live in cuckoo land because we say something that we feel, in other terms, expressing our opinion. Time and time again we have people wining on about people expressing there opinion, your in a forum get used to it. That's why they were invented you tool.

Don't get so upset when people talk there minds.

And before you say it, I'm not upset. Just expressing my thoughts

Edited by dazholls

Like i said fella grow up & move into the real world !!! we are in the right division not the :censored:ing premier league of years gone by we get crowds of 3500-4000 sides lower in statue in lower leagues get more than we do what do you expect dickov & co to do? ive watched oldham since the mid 70s mucker & my expectations are that of staying up and that is it lol!!! if oldham are getting home support of the above stated what are your expectations????

So because i feel Cisak could of done better with some of the goals we have conceded since the start of the season im not in the real world and all of a sudden you start ranting on about us being in the right division, not getting good crowds and what your expectations are of Dickov and co....... What's that got to do with my point about Cisak. The threads about Cisak, not the whole team hence the title 'Cisak' not 'The Whole Team'.

So because i feel Cisak could of done better with some of the goals we have conceded since the start of the season im not in the real world and all of a sudden you start ranting on about us being in the right division, not getting good crowds and what your expectations are of Dickov and co....... What's that got to do with my point about Cisak. The threads about Cisak, not the whole team hence the title 'Cisak' not 'The Whole Team'.

Well sunshine the team consist of 11 players not one!!!

Support the team not slate certain players its a TEAM game is it not... if there is no defence then what chance does a goaklkeeper chance fella? get off there backs and support the team its a team effort not a solo effort mate we are called OLDHAM ATHLETIC !!!

I fully appreciate that we need to support them and il always be an Oldham Athletic supporter! I want them to do well just as much as the next guy but because I raise the discussion of a single players performance I don't mean to sound like I'm slating them constantly cos I rarely do. If I feel they play :censored: i can't help it. Anyway I'm an Oldham fan your an Oldham fan were Oldham fans so let's just get on with it. I'm off to bed. Peace out

Oldham 'keeper signing turns out not to be the next Iker Casillas! Shocker.

In all seriousness, at this level and with what we pay, we should be happy if we have a keeper who doesn't gift the opposition with howlers of mistakes. Anything on top of that is a bonus, and from the limited amount I have seen of Cisak, he looks like an improvement on Brill. What more can we realistically ask.

Not sure he's as good as I hoped. Looking at the highlights I think he could of done much better with a couple of the goals.

If your defenders are going to outnumber attackers on the six yard line and still concede "bullet headers" there's little the goalkeeper can do about it.

First goal Black failed to win his header on the half way line and Clarke backed off creating space for a cracking shot.

Second goal never a penalty (but neither was ours) and if the lino really has seen something that the cameras don't show then Diamond should be shot.

Third and fourth just pathetic defending out wide and in the middle.

The goalkeeper is not the problem for those goals. If he'd saved 3 and 4 they would have been exceptional.

Edited by opinions4u

Having just watched the goals, i wouldn't say Cisak was at fault for any of them tbh.

Some none existant defending was to blame, the third and fourth were from headers inside the box which is disappointing with two big no nonsense central defenders in Diamond and Clarke on the field.

Their penalty looked harsh to me the referee waved it away initially and only gave it after seeing the linesman had adjudged it a penalty.

Te first we just stood off and gave him far to much room, you've got to close players down better than that around the edge of the box.

Having just watched the goals, i wouldn't say Cisak was at fault for any of them tbh.

Some none existant defending was to blame, the third and fourth were from headers inside the box which is disappointing with two big no nonsense central defenders in Diamond and Clarke on the field.

Their penalty looked harsh to me the referee waved it away initially and only gave it after seeing the linesman had adjudged it a penalty.

Te first we just stood off and gave him far to much room, you've got to close players down better than that around the edge of the box.

Yep no panic yet, lets just see what happens after the Hudds match.

Surely he couldn't have done much with the 4 goals today, The first goal went smack bang in the top corner if he's saving them he wouldn't be here, the 2nd was a pen which went under his arm you either save them or you don't. The 3rd is a killer for the team straight after half time and all 4 defenders are stood there looking at a guy heading it in the top corner again if he's saving shots and headers that are heading for the top corner he'd be worth millions. Think we should be looking at the defenders before we start calling the keeper. Your only as good as your defence as they say.

Spot on - the first was a screamer - not many keepers in the game would have got near that let alone saved it. The second a penalty.

The third and fourth are close range headers - the defence let the keeper down I would say. :blink:

I just feel it looked on the highlights that he could of done a little bit better, maybe I'm wrong but that's what I feel. And I know where not gonna get the next Casillas, I don't expect us too so it's a bit of a daft thing to say I think. If one of our player shoots and misses and I say ' could of done better with that shot' it doesn't mean I'm expecting the next Wayne Rooney.

I just feel it looked on the highlights that he could of done a little bit better, maybe I'm wrong but that's what I feel.

It's point blank range.

The striker's going to win the header.

He could place it anywhere - top corner, bottom corner, straight at you, straight down.

While the pretty saves are the reaction ones that tip it round the post as it flys towards the top corner the toughest saves to make are the ones where it's head firmly down towards goal.

I think he did well to get a hand to any of them.

Not the keeper's fault yesterday.

I just feel it looked on the highlights that he could of done a little bit better, maybe I'm wrong but that's what I feel. And I know where not gonna get the next Casillas, I don't expect us too so it's a bit of a daft thing to say I think. If one of our player shoots and misses and I say ' could of done better with that shot' it doesn't mean I'm expecting the next Wayne Rooney.

Then you sir, are quite simply wrong! The lad is a young improving 'keeper and I think as fans we should undertand that and lay off him, even more so when he did nothing wrong. The simple fact of the matter is Latics fans forced Eardley out for a cut price (a price they then moan at), made it impossible for a decent 'keeper like Brill to stay after his contract finished and its testament to Reid that he has not let himself be ruined by the stick he gets via Oldham fans.

It happens at all clubs I know but when did it become ok for someone to abuse a player of their own club because of a poor performance? Starting threads about young players learning their trade and asking whether they are good enough will do what exactly? Some of the staff read these threads and it is not too outlandish to think threads like this can get back to a player, so how about supporting them?