I saw nothing in Cisak's performance yesterday to cause any concern. He looks good and solid to me and can only get better. He's only, what, 22 years old with very little League experience? He didn't even play a full season with Stanley last season. 20-odd games I think.

I see him as a hell of a good prospect who will go on to better things. He also seems to know when to stay on his line and when to come for the ball. He's pretty vocal too from what I've seen of him.

Going back to yesterday, I can't think of a keeper in the world who would have got to the first one, he was bloody close to getting to the pen (may even have got a hand to it), and had no chance with 3rd and 4th from point blank range, although he got an arm on one of them too.

He'll have the odd shocker, like all keepers do. Even the best of 'em, whether it's lower league, greedy league or international level, they all make mistakes because they're human beings. Accept that will happen from time to time but, for now, Cisak is just fine in my eyes.

I understand what your saying Jonesy, I fully appreciate that I haven't really seen much of him so I can't say too much about his performances. Maybe I am a little critical of him but im sure I will be agreeing with everyone once

I have seen a few games.

the keepers not the problem,the comical school boy defending is the problem...however i feel with no real backup,it doesnt matter whether he ships 1 or 5,he will still play regardless,that is where i would like to see an adequate cover brought in to keep him on his toes.....we had amos on loan last season,and he got shot shy because of the goals conceded,yes me made a few errors but on the whole was ok....but his confidence went because the defense was bad....

Amos is looking to go out on loan again this season, if PD can find the room he would not be a bad option. If not him that lad we had here during pre-season from United Johnstone? It's a shame the youth 'keepers are as young as they are because from what I've seen (not a lot) they seem they could be decent in the future. Any regular watchers of the youth team able to confirm or deny their potential?

Amos is looking to go out on loan again this season, if PD can find the room he would not be a bad option. If not him that lad we had here during pre-season from United Johnstone? It's a shame the youth 'keepers are as young as they are because from what I've seen (not a lot) they seem they could be decent in the future. Any regular watchers of the youth team able to confirm or deny their potential?

There's nothing wrong with the keeper we've got….

Edited by oafcprozac

While I prefer the idea of a second quality keeper in the squad to keep the no.1 on his toes, it's fairly obvious that in these economic times it's a waste of money. If there's an injury, Gerrard finishes the game and we loan somebody in.

If there is a spare wage lets spend it on a striker and tell our "creative" players to do something .... well, errr, creative!

While I prefer the idea of a second quality keeper in the squad to keep the no.1 on his toes, it's fairly obvious that in these economic times it's a waste of money. If there's an injury, Gerrard finishes the game and we loan somebody in.

If there is a spare wage lets spend it on a striker and tell our "creative" players to do something .... well, errr, creative!

Well put.

I can't see any way that we would bring Amos in as a second choice or that Amos or Man U would find that useful. If Amos is going on loan they will be looking at a progression which means next step is Championship. If he can't make tha progression he is looking at a release scenario.

I wouldn't thank you for Johnstone who is poor in my opinion and indeed in the opinion of many people who know about these things. General opinion is that he has had opportunities thanks to the club he is at more than anything and the general level of goalkeepers at United"s Academy is poor.

I'd still like to know what happened to the kid we had in from Stoke who was injured in a reserve pre-season game. Feedback on him was potential for being top drawer. Perhaps we are waiting on him getting fit before taking him on. Tweets from Stoke supporters said he was in at Stoke getting treatment and they expected he would be coming here when fit

As for our own youth team keepers I haven't seen enough really but I can't say I have been overly convinced.

Failing all that the Gerrard solution probably works short term.

PD said in an interviews when answering fan's questions, that he has every confidence in Cisak and sees no need to bring anyone else in. PG would play if necessary, but he has contingency plans in place should Cisak be injured.

Sort of suggests that a loan keeper or two would be instantly available.

It's no secret that PD has been concentrating on bringing in a striker as a priority, so a loan keeper now is way down the list.

If your defenders are going to outnumber attackers on the six yard line and still concede "bullet headers" there's little the goalkeeper can do about it.

First goal Black failed to win his header on the half way line and Clarke backed off creating space for a cracking shot.

Second goal never a penalty (but neither was ours) and if the lino really has seen something that the cameras don't show then Diamond should be shot.

Third and fourth just pathetic defending out wide and in the middle.

The goalkeeper is not the problem for those goals. If he'd saved 3 and 4 they would have been exceptional.

I dont think i attended the same game as you, cos that was a stone wall peno. The only controversy was that the ref didnt see it and waved it away before changing his mind when the lino correctly gave it. Diamond was lucky not to walk for that. Ours was the far end and looked a penalty but I wouldnt say it was definite cos I havent seen it.

I dont think i attended the same game as you, cos that was a stone wall peno. The only controversy was that the ref didnt see it and waved it away before changing his mind when the lino correctly gave it. Diamond was lucky not to walk for that. Ours was the far end and looked a penalty but I wouldnt say it was definite cos I havent seen it.

I made point of acknowledging two key things in that post.

1) I wasn't at the game and was relying on TV

2) The lino has a different view to the camera

I'm only going off the highlights but that looks like anything but a stonewall penalty. There appears to be very little contact and Henderson just throws himself to the ground.

The Latics one is worse - the keeper clearly gets to the ball and knocks it a fair distance. I can't understand how the ref can see the ball go off in that direction and give a penalty. Ridiculous decision.