Will Clarke get back ?

good effort and good performance all in all.

Not too sure if a red, looked to be a late tackle and possibly did lead with studs and over the ball - will need to see again on TV.

can't remember them having many clear cut chances, the odd pot shot at goal and a few chances which we did well with defensively getting blocks in etc.

One thing which lets us down is our distribution, M'voto a big cuplrit in this as well in simply booting or passing the ball away to the opposition; our midfield also stood way too deep and allowed them to come at us and zip it around.

We were great first 20 mins getting in their faces and to a point in the 2nd half as well until the red.

When Furman and Parker come back we will have a decent squad, maybe with a good cup run we can get some $ into the club and maybe get another loan or 2 post xmas and you never know we could be up in the top 8 going into the fianl 10 games and have an outside chance of a PO push - IF we are CONSISTENT.

Big praise again for Reid - ran his knackers off again for the team, showed he has a good touch in holding it and flicking off etc - needs to work on shooting as the chance which was saved he should really be burying those kinds of chances, but hey he's got 4 pens already so fair's fair.

Always thought he would come good - i said give him 6 games - those games are now up and i think he has proved what most of us knew in that he has got ability and is now working his arse off at the same time - not overweight, just a big lad.

Cisak

Lee

Mvoto

Diamond

Diallo

Parker

Furman

Wesolowski

Taylor

Morais

Kuqi

Think that would be our strongest team - much prefer Morais off the striker as he can shoot well and zip around the box, less effective for me out wide.

Still, nice to have different options - add to the above: Black, Clarke, Tarky, Winchester, Lund, Mellor, Adeyemi, Reid and Smith - not too bad a squad!

On present form/availability, Winchester, Reid, Adeyemi, Clarke & Mellor would make my starting eleven along with Cisak, Lee, Diamond, Taylor, Morais & Kuqi - with MVoto, Smith, Lund, Tarkowski, Gerrard on the bench

Yoof and experience B)

Edited by TheBigDog

I think whatever decision he makes - whether it's Diamond/M'Voto or Diamond/Clarke - he has to stick with it. There's already going to be upheaval at the back with no real left-back for next week's game, chopping and changing the other three won't help.

I'd personally stick with Diamond and M'Voto, neither have been brilliant so far but we saw last season how good big Jean can be. I think it's easy to forget how young he is as well.

Saying that, he's the same age as me :unsure:

M'Voto has been poor to date; and looks a shadow of his level last season.

I'm with those who thought he was poor yesterday. He hardly won a header against Novak all game; and was loose in posession with the ball at his feet. He did make a couple of well timed last-minute challenges; but they were needed after he had missed headers in the earlier phases.

For me, its good to have options at the back. We've got Diamond (who starts until injured or suspended IMO), M'Voto, Clarke and Tarky now he's back to fitness.

For me, it'd be Zander and Clarke next week. M'Voto has been well off the pace to date

M'Voto has been poor to date; and looks a shadow of his level last season.

I'm with those who thought he was poor yesterday. He hardly won a header against Novak all game; and was loose in posession with the ball at his feet. He did make a couple of well timed last-minute challenges; but they were needed after he had missed headers in the earlier phases.

For me, its good to have options at the back. We've got Diamond (who starts until injured or suspended IMO), M'Voto, Clarke and Tarky now he's back to fitness.

For me, it'd be Zander and Clarke next week. M'Voto has been well off the pace to date

m'voto and diamond are our players, clarke isnt. we've got a few 'easier' fixutes coming up so give JYM a chance to get a run of games going. clarke is an option to bring off the bench and cover for injuries/suspensions but gives us an option of PD needs to shake it up

PD could surprise everyone by playing 3 centre backs, but somehow I think he won't.

Thought M'voto marginally shaded mom from Reid, Kuqi was tremendous for an hour before tiring, M'voto for me Clarke on the bench but Diamond is still unconvincing IMO, as is Lee defensively....needs competition imo

now there is something I never thought I would be seeing !