Man of the match Vs Huddersfield

MoM  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match v Huddersfield?

• Alex Cisak
    • Keiran Lee
    • Bradley Diallo
    • Zander Diamond
    • Jean-Yves M'Voto
    • Chris Taylor
    • Filipe Morais
    • James Wesolowski
    • Tom Adeyemi
    • Reuben Reid
    • Shefki Kuqi
    • Matt Smith
    • Matty Lund
    • David Mellor

Results from the poll will go towards the OWTB player of the year award..

There was a few we could pick out from yesterday that are worthy of the man of the match award.. Bradley Diallo had a very good game apart from the sending off, he will provide good competition for Paul Black's and maybe even Keiran Lee's place. James Wesolowski was another top performer again yesterday, he seems to be the forgotten man in the middle but the work he does in the centre of the midfield really helps with his tackling and also when he picks out passes, he is a mix of Dean Furman and Dale Stephens, very good signing, and then finally you can't forget Shefki Kuqi had an excellent debut before tiring late on, never felt that we've had such a good signing so late on before, but he really is something special and his eye for goal and him getting on the end of crosses is what we've lacked, not a player who seems to be a target man for most of the match either like Matt Smith.

All in all, Kuqi just edges it over Diallo and Wesolowski for me..

James Wesolowski was another top performer again yesterday, he seems to be the forgotten man in the middle but the work he does in the centre of the midfield really helps with his tackling and also when he picks out passes, he is a mix of Dean Furman and Dale Stephens,

99.9% Furman 0.01% Stephens?? :grin:

Went for kuqi didn't realise how good a footballer he was I jus thought he was a lump who could head a ball but he's actually intelligent can u's both feet linked up well with Reid an even showed some pace. Was reids best game for latics aswel

Interesting to see that only one of the starting eleven, Chris Taylor, has failed to get a single vote :unsure:

He was definitely not his best on Saturday - come on Chris - time to step up your game. B)

btw. went for Cisak - looking a decent keeper

Edited by TheBigDog

Diallo would have got my vote but his sending off ruins it for him, I thought Kuqi looked class. Ried had his best game for us but he needs confidence that he can score, he seems to be scuffing and rushing his shots. He seems to be similar style to Tounkara only with more quality, just a matter of time before he begins banging them in just needs that goal. I didn't think Wes looked great but he will be one of those players that seems to be doing little, but is in fact vital. Tom Ad is what we were missing at times last season, a CM who will pick the ball and run at the defence freeing space for the 2 forwards. Lee looked solid but didn't go forward too much, but that was clever from the lad obviously knew if he went too far their winger would destroy us. Diamond and M'voto made some great last ditch tackles and I don't think they were beaten 1 on 1, Morais was back to skilfull best and had another good game against Huddersfield. The less said about Taylor the better, he was poor compared to his usual self but we know how good he is and it won't be long before he his beating men and scoring again.

Diallo would have got my vote but his sending off ruins it for him, I thought Kuqi looked class. Ried had his best game for us but he needs confidence that he can score, he seems to be scuffing and rushing his shots. He seems to be similar style to Tounkara only with more quality, just a matter of time before he begins banging them in just needs that goal. I didn't think Wes looked great but he will be one of those players that seems to be doing little, but is in fact vital. Tom Ad is what we were missing at times last season, a CM who will pick the ball and run at the defence freeing space for the 2 forwards. Lee looked solid but didn't go forward too much, but that was clever from the lad obviously knew if he went too far their winger would destroy us. Diamond and M'voto made some great last ditch tackles and I don't think they were beaten 1 on 1, Morais was back to skilfull best and had another good game against Huddersfield. The less said about Taylor the better, he was poor compared to his usual self but we know how good he is and it won't be long before he his beating men and scoring again.

:pray:

Went for kuqi didn't realise how good a footballer he was I jus thought he was a lump who could head a ball but he's actually intelligent can u's both feet linked up well with Reid an even showed some pace. Was reids best game for latics aswell

I remember his effective jump for the ball for when he played for us against Wednesday in 2003, had he not got sent-off in that game we'd of lost IMO. I'm glad he's not lost his touch with age

Kieran Lee for me, saved us twice in second half header off line and last ditched tackle whem Mvoto went missing.

Personally thought Lee had a torrid first half and should have stopped Kay's shot going in. Much better second half but certainly not MotM for me.

Speaking of MotM, Morais looked a bit embarassed when he was announced as such as the final whistle. But the best moment of the game apart from the goal and flying Finn celebration was when we were caught short as Hudds attacked down their left flank. Lee was up against two Hudds players when Morais burst out of the centre of the park and sent Lee to the man with the ball. He 'megged Lee finding his teammate down the line but Morais was steaming towards him and timed his sliding tackle perfectly to put it out for a throw.

He's faced some criticism for not working hard enough defensively but the proof is there that he can do it.

Interesting to see that only one of the starting eleven, Chris Taylor, has failed to get a single vote :unsure:

He was definitely not his best on Saturday - come on Chris - time to step up your game. B)

btw. went for Cisak - looking a decent keeper

Taylor had two players on him for most of Satuday so must have been identified as a threat. When he switched wings he got a bit of the ball but then he was doubled up on again. The midfield did well to notice this and move the ball the Morais more often.

It is refreshing to have threats on both wings.

In Taylor hardly touching the ball he did a lot of damage for us as they were often stretched when he didn't have the ball.