Terrell Forbes

The Vote:  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Will you send him to the sanctuary?

• Yes, what a donkey - send him down
    • No, you got it wrong - he was ace

I trained with latics in 04 Gareth Owen was on loan we had Haining and Beharall Clegg Holden and Tierney obviously not together it was the squad at the time how Clegg ever got a contract anywhere is beyond me Owen was the better of the centre halfs we also had Ernie and Boshell With Muzza and Eyre and Eyresy Boshell the same how he played I don't know, up front was Vernon(has got to be the most natural finisher ive seen) left foot right foot he was hitting them metal dummies (you know the ones for trainig) smack in the face ten times out of ten fantastic finisher he was with Killen who was absoulutley doggy close up, comin thru was Roca Barlow and Wolfy. Dowie had just quit for palace he got me in on a trial then told me on the Sun he wouldnt be there but to still turn up anyway Shez was a tosser from day one he was caretaker i told him i was gonna rob his car he was winding me up cause he thought bein from oldham thats what we do Eyersy was a true gent and better than shez he got more respect of everyone else The new owners come in brought Talbot in and he dint even talk to me old :censored: deserved what he got went back to work and still at it the morale of the story is Clegg was :censored:

:lol: .............and relax!

As for Terrible, truly a poor player for us. Debatable whether or not he's just a poor player full-stop.

From around & about that time; there were sooooo many defenders that we seemed to aquire. Forbes, Scott, Swailes.....eurgh.

, up front was Vernon(has got to be the most natural finisher ive seen) left foot right foot he was hitting them metal dummies (you know the ones for trainig) smack in the face ten times out of ten fantastic finisher

We were always taught to put it over the dummies and into the net!

I trained with latics in 04 Gareth Owen was on loan we had Haining and Beharall Clegg Holden and Tierney obviously not together it was the squad at the time how Clegg ever got a contract anywhere is beyond me Owen was the better of the centre halfs we also had Ernie and Boshell With Muzza and Eyre and Eyresy Boshell the same how he played I don't know, up front was Vernon(has got to be the most natural finisher ive seen) left foot right foot he was hitting them metal dummies (you know the ones for trainig) smack in the face ten times out of ten fantastic finisher he was with Killen who was absoulutley doggy close up, comin thru was Roca Barlow and Wolfy. Dowie had just quit for palace he got me in on a trial then told me on the Sun he wouldnt be there but to still turn up anyway Shez was a tosser from day one he was caretaker i told him i was gonna rob his car he was winding me up cause he thought bein from oldham thats what we do Eyersy was a true gent and better than shez he got more respect of everyone else The new owners come in brought Talbot in and he dint even talk to me old :censored: deserved what he got went back to work and still at it the morale of the story is Clegg was :censored:

Was your full stop button working properly on your keyboard when you typed that :wink:

Terrell was one of those players who was actually good defensively, especially marking someone, but wasn't good at anything else. He was played out of position at full back, but when a 0-0 was a good result he was a good player to have in your side.

Like lots of ex-boo-boys of ours he usually made those eat their words, including a few times we played Yeovil. I seem to recall he put someone good in his pocket and marked them out of the game giving us a good result, I think it was Freddie Eastwood against Southend but I'm not sure.

I do remember him being Grimsby's best player when we had a 3-3 draw at their place on Boxing day when Ernie scored a cracker (if it hadn't been for Terrell we'd have scored 7 or more). 2 months later Grimsby without Forbes got battered 6-0 in the free game.

Not a donkey for me, it wasn't his fault the manager played him out of position.

I think he had played right back and even wing back (shudder) at grimsby and QPR? Or am i just making stuff up about full backs this afternoon?

Won QPR's Player of the Year and Players' Player of the Year as a right back...

http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10373~208212,00.html

So he wasn't played out of position. He was just pish for us.