Visit of MK Franchise

Apologies if this has already been mentioned elsewehere...

From tonight's Chron:

"ATHLETIC fans will be accommodated in the Main Stand and the Detect All Chaddy End for the MK Dons game at Boundary Park on Monday (7.45pm kick-off).

The small section of the Leesfield Developments Rochdale Road Stand will be populated by visiting supporters, with the rest of the stand closed on the night."

Link

The official story isn't as explicit, but is written between the lines:

fishal

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From tonight's Chron:

"ATHLETIC fans will be accommodated in the Main Stand and the Detect All Chaddy End for the MK Dons game at Boundary Park on Monday (7.45pm kick-off).

The small section of the Leesfield Developments Rochdale Road Stand will be populated by visiting supporters, with the rest of the stand closed on the night."

Link

fishal

Obviously in anticipation of a smaller gate in order to save on police costs but I think there could be a few angry season ticket holders as a result of this.

Were season ticket holders in the RRE were sold them on the basis that they would be moved for the bigger games when the opposing team needed more seats, hence for a game like this, have every right to be able to expect to sit in their own seats?

Doont get me wrong, I understand why the club are doing it but if it is becoming so much of a financial burden to have two sets of fans in the same stand, then I think the club need to think long and hard about selling season tickets in the RRE

Edited by Lookers_Carl

From tonight's Chron:

Link

fishal

Risk of being hounded, but i'm staying at home for this one.. much easier on a monday night.

Obviously in anticipation of a smaller gate in order to save on police costs but I think there could be a few angry season ticket holders as a result of this.

Were season ticket holders in the RRE were sold them on the basis that they would be moved for the bigger games when the opposing team needed more seats, hence for a game like this, have every right to be able to expect to sit in their own seats?

Doont get me wrong, I understand why the club are doing it but if it is becoming so much of a financial burden to have two sets of fans in the same stand, then I think the club need to think long and hard about selling season tickets in the RRE

You can understand them being moved for a Cat A game. Perhaps even a Cat B game if it's local, but this is just ridiculous. The club are just thinking of saving a few quid in the short run. Fans who bought ST's for RRE accepted that they will be moved for some games, but MK Dons on a monday night is stupid, and will anger quite a few. For this game on a saturday, fans wouldn't even need to move into small section of RRE. The club really do try to piss fans off don't they? No doubt we'll here the 'to create a better atmosphere' and other lines the club come out with, which is bollocks as you can hardly hear the Chaddy end from the main stand. The club might aswell just say no more home fans in RRE.

You can understand them being moved for a Cat A game. Perhaps even a Cat B game if it's local, but this is just ridiculous. The club are just thinking of saving a few quid in the short run. Fans who bought ST's for RRE accepted that they will be moved for some games, but MK Dons on a monday night is stupid, and will anger quite a few. For this game on a saturday, fans wouldn't even need to move into small section of RRE. The club really do try to piss fans off don't they? No doubt we'll here the 'to create a better atmosphere' and other lines the club come out with, which is bollocks as you can hardly hear the Chaddy end from the main stand. The club might aswell just say no more home fans in RRE.

Course its bollocks. Its cost cutting, simple as.

Course its bollocks. Its cost cutting, simple as.

What I don't get is why they don't, at the beginning of the season, say there may be the odd occasion of low crowds (such as a Sky game or the LDV) when the Chaddy End may be closed. Surely shutting a whole stand is cheaper than just splitting the fans up when stewards are all that are needed?

bang on rob,thats made my mind up i will be watching this game in the pub instead of using my st for the chaddy end with a big post in your way,no ale at ht and no atmo,another great move by the club,attendance 2100....

To those ST Holders who are irritated by this and who are also, I'm sure, very valued customers of OAFC.

Why not email Mr Hardy/Corney and complain and ask for an explanation.

If the closure of the RRE is purely for economic reasons, it wasn't mentioned as a reason for closure to home supporters at the time that the STs were sold.

Surely if it's uneconomic to use against MKD then they might as well not have sold any ST tickets for it and only use it for home supporters when a crowd greater than the capacity of the other 2 stands is expected, ie hardly ever.

Seems ludicrous to me.

Or me.

It is probably to stop pictures on live telly of our 12 year olds shouting abuse over the moat, good call by the club.

exactly, it seemed to work against tranmere and i'd prefer two (hopefully) half-full stands than three virtually empty ones.

do RRE season ticket holders have to swap them or just turn up at a different stand?

exactly, it seemed to work against tranmere and i'd prefer two (hopefully) half-full stands than three virtually empty ones.

do RRE season ticket holders have to swap them or just turn up at a different stand?

Just turn up for the Chaddy! It's really not a chore, except it's a bit further to walk for some people. If you do change your tickets to the Chaddy, you can't get reserved seats anyway. Think you have to change and do get reserved seats for the Main Stand.

If the complaints are about being attached to your seat, well how attached can you get in the space of 3 seasons? And if it's about not having a reserved seat (Chaddy), well it aint like there's not an abundance of seats (and, as the Carlisle game showed last season, a Season Ticket in the RRE did not guarantee you your own seat (or even a seat at all in some cases). And if it's about the inferior view in the Chaddy, either sit in the Main Stand, or thank your lucky stars your RRE season ticket was cheaper, and affords you a better view to most home matches. The effect of the lack of beer at half time is not that great for a night match, as fewer people drink at the match.

It really isn't a problem. The club have no money. They're trying to save money. It has the side effect of a better atmosphere. Makes sense.