Visit of MK Franchise

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think The Club Should Have Done A Promotion For This Game, Maybe A Fiver For Adults Quid For Kids!!!

Why.......do......I......find.....this......post......so.....hard......to.....read.......at......my.......normal......speed.....?

I know it's due to all those capital letters, but why do they have this effect on my reading powers and why does dazholls go to The Trouble of starting each word with a capital letter?

BTW a reduced price would have been good but would have aggravated the ST holders even more.

Edited by laticsrblue

The attendance will poor and will lack pay on the day fans, so the club won't get a lot coming in. The TV money won't be huge, personally I wouldn't be surprised if this game was chosen was because we were a cheap option. I imgine Sheff United/Wed would charge Sky more, so Latics close the RRE to home fans to save on policing costs. At the the end of the day RRE season ticket holders knew they would have to move, the reason is irrelevant. RRE get their tickets cheapert than others, and have a better than many in the Main Stand.

When it comes down if the more they move RRE fans the better it is for them, as they sit where the rest of us do for cheaper.

At the the end of the day RRE season ticket holders knew they would have to move, the reason is irrelevant.

IIRC, it was originally positioned as something that would happen if they needed to allocate the seat to masses of away supporters. I don't recall MK Dons ever looking like bringing more than the 1,600 capacity of the small section to Boundary Park.

So while I have not thrown my toys out of the pram, the reality is that the football club has changed the rules on this for their own purposes.

RRE get their tickets cheapert than others, and have a better than many in the Main Stand.

I don't want to sit in the Main Stand. I really don't get your point.

When it comes down if the more they move RRE fans the better it is for them, as they sit where the rest of us do for cheaper.

I never sat in the old Lookers Stand. But when Latics knocked it down they actually destroyed a part of the matchday routine for many supporters. The bar, the banter, the complete stranger who you've sat next to for a decade but shared a world of Latics' experience with.

Disturbing the fans for a modest saving isn't always a good idea.

The attendance will poor and will lack pay on the day fans, so the club won't get a lot coming in. The TV money won't be huge, personally I wouldn't be surprised if this game was chosen was because we were a cheap option. I imgine Sheff United/Wed would charge Sky more, so Latics close the RRE to home fans to save on policing costs. At the the end of the day RRE season ticket holders knew they would have to move, the reason is irrelevant. RRE get their tickets cheapert than others, and have a better than many in the Main Stand.

It's a set fee, nothing whatsoever to do with how much a club wants to charge.

I think , recalling Tranmere last season, it's £75000.

Edited by LaticsPete

Late kick off, moday night, a team that aint performing, waiting for busses, and i have too change my season ticket!!!!1

Obviously in anticipation of a smaller gate in order to save on police costs but I think there could be a few angry season ticket holders as a result of this.

Were season ticket holders in the RRE were sold them on the basis that they would be moved for the bigger games when the opposing team needed more seats, hence for a game like this, have every right to be able to expect to sit in their own seats?

Doont get me wrong, I understand why the club are doing it but if it is becoming so much of a financial burden to have two sets of fans in the same stand, then I think the club need to think long and hard about selling season tickets in the RRE

Just turn up for the Chaddy! It's really not a chore, except it's a bit further to walk for some people. If you do change your tickets to the Chaddy, you can't get reserved seats anyway. Think you have to change and do get reserved seats for the Main Stand.

If the complaints are about being attached to your seat, well how attached can you get in the space of 3 seasons? And if it's about not having a reserved seat (Chaddy), well it aint like there's not an abundance of seats (and, as the Carlisle game showed last season, a Season Ticket in the RRE did not guarantee you your own seat (or even a seat at all in some cases). And if it's about the inferior view in the Chaddy, either sit in the Main Stand, or thank your lucky stars your RRE season ticket was cheaper, and affords you a better view to most home matches. The effect of the lack of beer at half time is not that great for a night match, as fewer people drink at the match.

It really isn't a problem. The club have no money. They're trying to save money. It has the side effect of a better atmosphere. Makes sense.

But what about if the complaints are about being attached to the stand? There will have been some fans who buy season tickets in the RRE because they don't like the chaddy or the main stand?

People buying season tickets in the RRE have done so on the understanding that they would have been relocated to the small section of the RRE should the away fans need the big bit, or elsewhere should the away fans require the whole stand.

Milton Keynes will be lucky to bring 160, let alone 1600.

Whilst its good that you and a fair few others aren't bothered in the slightest about moving stands, thats irelevant to the point. Regardless of whether moving for the night bothers a fan or not, for a game like MK Dons at home, if they are pissed off by being moved, in this instance they have every right to be, if it doesn't bother them, then great.

But it isn't fair that the club keep moving the goalposts to suit them with the whole RRE situation. We are supposed to be a professional football club. This isn't professional. The club need to be more transparent with supporters who have paid good money for a season ticket in the RRE regarding the circumstances when they will be moved, as it is obvious that the goalposts have moved, and moved a few times since they started selling season tickets in the RRE in 2008/2009.

Edited by Lookers_Carl

And those ST holders have had years to get used to how flexible those goalposts are. Anyone who bought a ST in the RRE knows how the moving is going, or have been under a rock for over 12 months.

I'm not saying it's ideal. But it is saving the club much needed cash. We're not going to agree on this.

I'm a season ticket holder in RRE. I'm pissed off with this all the time. I understand that it's cost cutting but they may aswell shut the stand completely. That's cost cutting too isn't it.

As I said earlier. You need somewhere to put the away fans. Shut the Chaddy End.

NB. Me a Chaddy Ender that thinks the RRE is crap.

They should sell ground tickets which mean you can go in any stand. Bit of variety every week then. Or if your mates aren't going you can go and sit in another stand with another set of mates.

Or sell one ticket and get 5 seats so people could legitimately lie down.. might make BP look fuller on the telly an all

They should sell ground tickets which mean you can go in any stand. Bit of variety every week then. Or if your mates aren't going you can go and sit in another stand with another set of mates.

I've said that for years. I would be quite tempted then as I'm never sure these days out of the people I know, who's going and sitting where. It would work on the understanding that if we had an all-ticket game, a ticket for a particular seat in a stand would have to be picked up from the ticket office.