advertising in a roundabout way ?

Had to drive down the A56 with my work today and noticed that Bury have a big advertising board right opposite the bottom of gig lane advertising games coming up etc .know its has been discused to death on here about latics getting something along similar lines at the top of sheepfoot lane but the cost of planning etc would negate the benefits .

had a think outside the box on this one and came up with the following

how about the club sponsoring Broadway roundabout (as you see garden centers etc doing ) and use any hoardings advertising this fact to advertise games ?

ie Broadway Roundabout sponsored by OAFC next game v ......... fc 3.00pm on sat 26th ........ .

could put these on the inside of the roundabout facing the bottom of chaddy way and above the A627M where it goes down to the motorway lots of pasing customers there

thoughts ?

Had to drive down the A56 with my work today and noticed that Bury have a big advertising board right opposite the bottom of gig lane advertising games coming up etc .know its has been discused to death on here about latics getting something along similar lines at the top of sheepfoot lane but the cost of planning etc would negate the benefits .

had a think outside the box on this one and came up with the following

how about the club sponsoring Broadway roundabout (as you see garden centers etc doing ) and use any hoardings advertising this fact to advertise games ?

ie Broadway Roundabout sponsored by OAFC next game v ......... fc 3.00pm on sat 26th ........ .

could put these on the inside of the roundabout facing the bottom of chaddy way and above the A627M where it goes down to the motorway lots of pasing customers there

thoughts ?

I think that would be a bloody good spot.

Another good place would be at the entrance/exit of Centre Retail Park. Theres only one way in/out, so if they could get a sign up of some sort near there, you would get several thousand people a week seeing it, especially in the run up to Christmas.

I've wondered about blimp advertising myself. Not sure if they handle wind that great though, which would be a problem if they can't. But throughout the week advertise our games. In the summer advertise some company. During the game plonk it in the middle of the pitch 20m high and advertise firms.

Also no idea how much they cost.

I've wondered about blimp advertising myself. Not sure if they handle wind that great though, which would be a problem if they can't. But throughout the week advertise our games. In the summer advertise some company. During the game plonk it in the middle of the pitch 20m high and advertise firms.

Gordon comes with the ground doesn't he?

I'm here all week.

the bus station would be ideal. would get the message to the people in town centre. And like i said in previous thread get half naked promo girls selling tickets on match days in town centre. sex sells!

I should not say it, but good idea. And some of the blokes that bough the tickets might actually make the trip to BP too ;-)

Something airship like floated over BP last Thursday night!