Can we please have diamond back in now

The players need to take a look at themselves tonight, no matter who is on the pitch you should not be giving away a three goal lead. You dont bring two new defenders on the pitch when your defending a lead, if your bringing on diamonds/black on put them in midfield than unsettling the defence. re Black, he isnt that great hence why he lost his place to mellor (same with Diamonds).

The sooner we get Mellor out of that defence and further up the pitch the better. Leave him in there too long and we risk him losing confidence. His work for the third goal was exceptional. But yesterday we needed solidity in the middle of the park second half to stop the threats to our defence. Getting Mellor stuck in further up the pitch would have delivered this.

Its easy to criticise the subs after the game.

I said at half time that I'd consider bringing Black on for Adeyemi and pushing Mellor in to the middle. I said as Weso walked off Black should come on and Mellor move in to the middle. This isn't a hindsight thing. We effectively started the game with a 4-4-1-1 and moved it to some sort of bizarre 4-3-1-2 with the one out wide when we were being battered.

Its easy to say he should have done this or that when you cant be proven wrong. If Morais had come on and scored or set up a goal then you wouldn't be saying anything now.

If you read my post, I acknowledged that Morais had a chance to win the game and it may have felt different if he'd scored. Had he hit the net I'd have still posted that it wasn't the substitution that I'd have made. If Morais had hit the fourth I'd have probably said Dickov got lucky.

In the same way that, if you read my post, I clearly acknowledge that the wheels were coming off long before Morais was taking off his bib. Indeed, the way we were rattled at that stage of the game meant that even without injury there was a case for a change. And bringing on Morais would never have crossed the mind of any sane man!

It wasn't Morias' fault that we didn't win. There were far too many others who lost their composure second half. But the one that panicked most was the manager.

Edited by opinions4u

The sooner we get Mellor out of that defence and further up the pitch the better. Leave him in there too long and we risk him losing confidence. His work for the third goal was exceptional. But yesterday we needed solidity in the middle of the park second half to stop the threats to our defence. Getting Mellor stuck in further up the pitch would have delivered this.

I said at half time that I'd consider bringing Black on for Adeyemi and pushing Mellor in to the middle. I said as Weso walked off Black should come on and Mellor move in to the middle. This isn't a hindsight thing. We effectively started the game with a 4-4-1-1 and moved it to some sort of bizarre 4-3-1-2 with the one out wide when we were being battered.

If you read my post, I acknowledged that Morais had a chance to win the game and it may have felt different if he'd scored. Had he hit the net I'd have still posted that it wasn't the substitution that I'd have made. If Morais had hit the fourth I'd have probably said Dickov got lucky.

In the same way that, if you read my post, I clearly acknowledge that the wheels were coming off long before Morais was taking off his bib. Indeed, the way we were rattled at that stage of the game meant that even without injury there was a case for a change. And bringing on Morais would never have crossed the mind of any sane man!

It wasn't Morias' fault that we didn't win. There were far too many others who lost their composure second half. But the one that panicked most was the manager.

The players need to take a look at themselves tonight, no matter who is on the pitch you should not be giving away a three goal lead. You dont bring two new defenders on the pitch when your defending a lead, if your bringing on diamonds/black on put them in midfield than unsettling the defence. re Black, he isnt that great hence why he lost his place to mellor (same with Diamonds). Its easy to criticise the subs after the game. Its easy to say he should have done this or that when you cant be proven wrong. If Morais had come on and scored or set up a goal then you wouldn't be saying anything now.

They didn't lose their place.. They was both injured and players who have stood in for them have been alright so far, next few games and we'll see Diamond and Black both in first 11.

They didn't lose their place.. They was both injured and players who have stood in for them have been alright so far, next few games and we'll see Diamond and Black both in first 11.

Just seen the goals, am I the only one who thought Lee may have done better on the line with the first two? First one is to the right of the far post right where he is stood and the second looks like a real sliding effort may well have had half a chance of clearing? As I thought Mellor is left one on one with Zoko for the second before he cuts inside and the equaliser simply needs more of a will to win to block that ball as Zoko has his flaming back to the line although he would have dived anyway the :censored:)

How many times are we gonna concede that first goal? Simple ball floated into the middle and a :censored:ty nothing unmarked header that gives teams a lifeline….

Edited by oafcprozac

How many times are we gonna concede that first goal? Simple ball floated into the middle and a :censored:ty nothing unmarked header that gives teams a lifeline….

This is the one that raises the question ... "What does Taggart bring to the show?".

Very similar to the first Preston goal.

They put a player right in front of Cisak (we can learn from this at the other end) that stopped him coming through the (not very big) crowd. Adeyemi had limped back holding his groin. So others needed to take control.

The players need to take a look at themselves tonight, no matter who is on the pitch you should not be giving away a three goal lead. You dont bring two new defenders on the pitch when your defending a lead, if your bringing on diamonds/black on put them in midfield than unsettling the defence. re Black, he isnt that great hence why he lost his place to mellor (same with Diamonds). Its easy to criticise the subs after the game. Its easy to say he should have done this or that when you cant be proven wrong. If Morais had come on and scored or set up a goal then you wouldn't be saying anything now.

If my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle!

The fact is he didn't score. Another fact is he's been poor this season prior to today and constantly gives the ball away which, when you're hanging on to a slim (or in this case, not so slim...) lead is no good for the team. Therefore he shouldn't have been bought on.

I agree that the players need to take a good look at themselves. That's twice in a year we've let a three goal lead slip. Have any other teams in the league done that??

If my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle!

The fact is he didn't score. Another fact is he's been poor this season prior to today and constantly gives the ball away which, when you're hanging on to a slim (or in this case, not so slim...) lead is no good for the team. Therefore he shouldn't have been bought on.

I agree that the players need to take a good look at themselves. That's twice in a year we've let a three goal lead slip. Have any other teams in the league done that??

However two different teams?

Exeter

D Brill, R Hazell, J-Y Mvoto, P Black, A White (R Jones, 74), C Winchester, C Taylor (W Feeney, 78), D Furman, D Stephens, C Evina (L Alessandra, 83), O Tounkare

Carlisle

A Cisak, N Clarke, J-Y Mvoto , D Mellor, C Taylor, J Wesolowski (F Morais, 52), K Lee, D Furman , T Adeyemi, R Simpson , S Kuqi Subs not used: P Gerrard, P Black, Z Diamond, M Smith

However two different teams?

Exeter

D Brill, R Hazell, J-Y Mvoto, P Black, A White (R Jones, 74), C Winchester, C Taylor (W Feeney, 78), D Furman, D Stephens, C Evina (L Alessandra, 83), O Tounkare

Carlisle

A Cisak, N Clarke, J-Y Mvoto , D Mellor, C Taylor, J Wesolowski (F Morais, 52), K Lee, D Furman , T Adeyemi, R Simpson , S Kuqi Subs not used: P Gerrard, P Black, Z Diamond, M Smith

Brings it back to the manager, then!