Cup Fever!

I'm going, hardly say I have cup fever though.

No injuries, bookings or anything stupid please Latics. Start the game with the required players to not get a fine then experiment with a few things, stick Black on to get a run out, lets see Winchester in the middle, rest Furman and Kuqi, lets see Smith get a start and try and build an established centre back pairing.

We should go all out for victory. We should play the strongest side we can do. I'll be very disappointed if we rest key players such as Kuqi and go on to lose.

Crewe will have some good youngsters in their side and Dario has been around long enough to know what it takes to get a result.

We should go all out for victory. We should play the strongest side we can do. I'll be very disappointed if we rest key players such as Kuqi and go on to lose.

Crewe will have some good youngsters in their side and Dario has been around long enough to know what it takes to get a result.

I agree. Dickov has been banging on about wanting to win so he needs to play the team he would start a league game with.

It would be great if we could get as many people down there tonight supporting the lads. There's no other football on and it's a competition the club are taking seriously. We should be taking it seriously as well as it gives us a realistic chance of getting to Wembley.

+1 on that my man

The only change I'd make would be Black in at LB, Adeyemi dropped and Mellor in the centre with Furman.

Realistic chance for us to progress in a cup comp I want us to finally treat seriously.

I'll be interested to look at the Crewe front 2. Miller & Moore. Miller has been linked with a Jan move to Derby, so will be interesting to see what he's like.

Edited by slystallone

It'll be a low-ish crowd, I reckon. Regardless of whether the club are taking PPT seriously, a lot of fans don't; it's seen as an unnecessary 'luxury'. 7pm kick off will no doubt have an adverse effect as well, especially on those who work a bit further out of town.

The early kick-off seems daft to me but it lead to a decent crowd at Scunny in the previous round(home fans) so maybe it does work.

We should definitely be going all out to win tonight though. Why wouldn't we. Realistically we are probably going to finish mid table and we might get through to the 3rd round of the FA Cup with a bit of luck. This is a competition we can win. It might only be a (paint) tin pot trophy but it could breath new life into the club if we had a trip to Wembley.

In a strange way, this is the biggest game of the season so far.

The early kick-off seems daft to me but it lead to a decent crowd at Scunny in the previous round(home fans) so maybe it does work.

We should definitely be going all out to win tonight though. Why wouldn't we. Realistically we are probably going to finish mid table and we might get through to the 3rd round of the FA Cup with a bit of luck. This is a competition we can win. It might only be a (paint) tin pot trophy but it could breath new life into the club if we had a trip to Wembley.

In a strange way, this is the biggest game of the season so far.

In a weird way - I agree with you there!

It'll be amazing to see the crowds swell as it gets the semi's, and heck - how many "Oldham Fans" will be making their way out of the woodwork if we reach the final?

We have a real chance to do something positive in this competition; it's a cup we can win. We should be doing all we can to make sure it happens.

The club needed to advertise this more. FREE for under twelves. Hope we make it past a thousand.

I think the club have advertised this game quite a lot for the last few weeks and asked fans for help with this as well. Not sure what more they could have done?

I'm there and I've managed to persuade 4 non-latics fans to turn up as well. So the attendance will be at least 5!

If you aren't doing anything tonight and can make it then why not get to BP? It's a game of football regardless of what competition it is and we'll be playing to win it. Can't see what the problem is? Support your club.

I think the club have advertised this game quite a lot for the last few weeks and asked fans for help with this as well. Not sure what more they could have done?

I'm there and I've managed to persuade 4 non-latics fans to turn up as well. So the attendance will be at least 5!

If you aren't doing anything tonight and can make it then why not get to BP? It's a game of football regardless of what competition it is and we'll be playing to win it. Can't see what the problem is? Support your club.

Have we? Good. Just realised I didnt get an advertiser on thursday, thats where I usually see it. Cant afford a tenner if I want to try and go to burton and chesterflid games. :censored: comp, farrrrrrrrrrrrr down my list of priorities!!

I'll be going. Not cup fever though, that'll be the FA Cup on Saturday. Have the club had posters up on the shop in Spindles about the upcoming games? Not been there recently, but if they haven't had them up then they should do. Tonight i think some players should be rested.

Gerrard

Winchester

Diamond

M'voto

Black

Scapuzzi

Furman

Mellor

Morais

Smith

Taylor/Mancini

Subs:

Luke Simpson

Kuqi

Clarke

Taylor/Mancini

Lee/R Simpson

who's goin tonight then?

don't know much about this Crewe team. they seem to be struggling (not that makes a difference to us!). any players to look out for?

I'll be there with tonight with the two kids, watched an enjoyable Youth Match at Ashton this afternoon so i'm hoping the first team can put in a similar performance (without the late wobble)

Never missed a home game in this competition!

Edited by oafcprozac

can't go tonight, but i wanted to. lots of positivity coming out from the club about doing well in the competition so we wont be taking it lightly and it is a game to see the team gel and see what scapuzzi can do. if the right team turn up, we could build confidence up for saturday.

anyone know if the game's on radio manc?