Runaway Cart causes mayhem!

We only have a runaway band-waggon. :wink:

Yet another opportunity for a cheap snipe at folks who cannot/don't go for many different reasons, but will for the near future games.

I should have resisted nibbling on your rod really with that comment, but when it appears under different guises in other threads, then I thought I'd have a bite.

At the end of the day, without the 'bandwaggon' followers at Anfield or hopefully Wembley, I would think that the players, management would be pretty disappointed seeing 3'500-4'000 at Wembly!! should that occur!

At the end of the day, without the 'bandwaggon' followers at Anfield or hopefully Wembley, I would think that the players, management would be pretty disappointed seeing 3'500-4'000 at Wembly!! should that occur!

I agree entirely, and I'm sure you'll agree that the Club needs more followers even when the bandwaggon stops rolling.

I firmly believe without a decent run every now and again attracting fans back - so-called 'bandwagon effect', we might not get new supporters back into Latics at all. Indeed, many current fans may have 'caught the bug' as a result of a bandwagon or two over the years.

It's a silly term in the context of Oldham, that serves no purpose other than to be divisive.

I've just spotted D_S sig:

“The problem with social media, which is so accessible, is that people can write completely untrue things on there — and other users believe it.” Alan Hardy, Oldham Chronicle 31st May 2011.

But of a strange comment seeing that newspapers are accessed by millions, and have been knocking out lies and churn for decades - 99% bull:censored:. I'm sure he meant: User-generated content on social media is instant, direct,and largely unmoderated but maybe it just came out wrong.