Football League Show

Linky

Any thoughts?

If it ends up on ITV or Sky does it matter? Or would they only show a Championship version of the same format? Does the BBC effectively leaking their lack of interest reduce the price the Football League can sell highlights for, hitting Latics and other lower league clubs hard?

I don't really care which channel it's on. I don't particularly like the BBC format.

1) It has Steve Claridge on it.

2) It seems to be filmed in some sort of sex dungeon.

3) The woman reading the emails out seems to be a waste of a salary.

4) The chat content of the show is terrible.

"fuelling fears Match of the Day is next."

This is just stupid. As long as there is a BBC, there's gonna be MOTD, it's one of their flagship TV shows.

The Football League Show starts at an unsociable time, it's like half 1 by the time it finishes, also, no one cares for Football League highlights, not in comparison to the millions of armchair fans who are happy to sit down with a beer on at half 10 on a Saturday night and watch Premiership football. It's all about brands, MOTD is Premiership, United, Liverpool, City, Arsenal, Chelsea. Getting people to watch TFLS is the same as trying to get them to attend their local club every week. They either give a :censored:, or they don't and the vast majority will be turning the channel over or going to bed as soon as MOTD finishes.

Edited by PlayItLivo

I'm slightly peeved. I don't really care who hosts it, whether it looks like it's filmed in an underground cellar or has Steve Claridge on. I causally browse the tinternet or do something else when anything other than the footy comes on. All the chit chat just fades away for me, I pay no notice to it.

BUT

Following match of the day, I think it's nice being able to see a load of goals straight after it. I quite like the Clem bits and any coverage of lower league is a positive. It pisses me off a bit that :censored: like Shearer and Hansen, who are :censored:ing horribly dull people and are paid massive sums of money to state the :censored:ing obvious continue to do so. Get rid of Hansen, Shearer and pay people like Pat Nevin a fifth of what they get would go a long way to keeping shows like The Football League show going.

A further example of one of the nations bodies the BBC, sticking 2 fingers up to the working class mans lower league football - it has always been nothing more than a 'token gesture' anyway, sticking it on at such a crap time, with a crap presenter, a crapper guest, a crap studio etc - but at least it was recordable/semi accessible crap to those who don't have sky etc.

As has been said Hansen etc earning reported sums such as £40k per programme, yet the BBC - The BRITISH Broadcasting corp, say they don't have the budget to cover BRITISH lower league football - well stick your match of the day up your arse as well for me.

Not bothered about Claridge or Bashun or even Leroy Rosenior, who's alright really as a pundit.

Be a bit of a shame if there was no football league on the telly box. I totally agree with all the stuff about Shearer and Hansen too - they've been stinking up MOTD for too long. As has Lineker the Swinger.

When itv had " the championship", did they cover leagues 1 and 2? I much preferred skys version anyway, slightly more interesting panelists, less chit chat and more action.

What gets me is the beeb are happy to axe/surrender proper sports like f1 and fa cup football that your typical working class sports fan enjoys, yet continue with poncy sports like bowls, showjumping and gymnastics that the posh ppl enjoy :/

Edited by keep_the_faith

It would be a gamble but if I was Channel 4 or Channel 5, I'd buy the rights (I don't think Sky would be allowed as it would give them a monopoly) and put the highlights straight up against MOTD (start it just before) and see who wins, if everyone who attends a football league game regularly watches it the football league show could give either channel a bigger audience share that it would normally get. ITV probably won't bother as their reputation is shot in the football league and they have :censored:e like X factor dancing on ice love match to show.

If everyone who watches football league regularly stops watching MOTD then the Beeb will notice and will think again about paying pundits ridiculous sums of money for what amounts to 10 minutes work a week for 33 weeks in the year, especially when they use outdated works like coloured.

Disappointed its going to be axed. Don't have sky and when ITV did 'Championship' you would only see perhaps a goal and thats it.On BBC they tend to show all the goals in the match, and even if they don't, all the goals will be online on BBC after.

I read it got something like 2 million viewers a night and F1 was hitting 12 million at times, BBC will keep showing the Snooker, Tennis, Darts (not PDC), and plenty of others but get rid of the shows that mantain a high number over a longer period. I hope Sky go back to what they used to have before Netbusters, (Big League Weekend?) that show was how BBC should have done it.

Filming it in a wharehouse and constantly praising the bigger sides pissed me off massivly, it was obvious they had no idea how to show the FL. Every live match seems to be from the Championship, when they got the rights I was buzzing. I thought they might stick us on right after MOTD (which they did), fancy studio, expert guests and other bits of info, sometimes the facts they had were wrong. A poor show but many people's only chance to see the goals on the day they happened.

It would be a gamble but if I was Channel 4 or Channel 5, I'd buy the rights (I don't think Sky would be allowed as it would give them a monopoly) and put the highlights straight up against MOTD (start it just before) and see who wins, if everyone who attends a football league game regularly watches it the football league show could give either channel a bigger audience share that it would normally get. ITV probably won't bother as their reputation is shot in the football league and they have :censored:e like X factor dancing on ice love match to show.

If everyone who watches football league regularly stops watching MOTD then the Beeb will notice and will think again about paying pundits ridiculous sums of money for what amounts to 10 minutes work a week for 33 weeks in the year, especially when they use outdated works like coloured.

see i like match of the day. it's good highlights of the best league in the world. i can imagine channel four or five considering it, maybe channel 5 because they do europa. sunday morning slot would be the best for viewers

When itv had " the championship", did they cover leagues 1 and 2? I much preferred skys version anyway, slightly more interesting panelists, less chit chat and more action.

What gets me is the beeb are happy to axe/surrender proper sports like f1 and fa cup football that your typical working class sports fan enjoys, yet continue with poncy sports like bowls, showjumping and gymnastics that the posh ppl enjoy :/

I'm pretty sure it's not a case of looking after the "posh" sports (although how bowls can be described as posh is beyond me...), more like securing the rights to these types of sports is going to cost peanuts in comparison to footy...

I'm pretty sure it's not a case of looking after the "posh" sports (although how bowls can be described as posh is beyond me...), more like securing the rights to these types of sports is going to cost peanuts in comparison to footy...

Indeed. I'm surprised they never got round to buying the County Championship, as you can show that all day at nil expense (and your daytime TV audience {coffin dodgers} will watch it). I guess Sky have it at the moment, but they barely show any of it. It could be a dirty cheap acquisition when that contract is up.

I usually watch it on sky + the next day. Watch the goals, fast forward the chatter, watch the Oldham highlights once if we lose. Four times if we win.

Delete.

F1 is awful. Never seen such tripe in my entire life.

The film Senna released last year is however, brilliant. Seems like F1 used to be a lot more fun.

Now the only highlight is that there was one person overtaken.

Neeeeeeeeeooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww

I may be wrong but i seem to remember Sky taking control of Channel5. As for F1 being for any class it's :censored:e, and I love cars. One thing is for certain in F1, Daddy has to be minted for you to get anywhere.

As for the Football League Show, Rosenior is about the only one worth watching on it. Big Leeds Weekend on Sky was no better, Wank fest for all the 'BIG' clubs.