Vs Notts County 31.12.11

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weve played worse and lost this season.

People weren't booing Scapuzzi or Morais or even Dickov although they did think he got it wrong. Scapuzzi doesn't often play 90 minutes and he usually brings him off after an hour anyway, perhaps he doesn't see him as a 90 minutes player yet.

Morais Cameo was good he's often accused of lacking end product for me this doesn't hit the nail on the head its inconsistancy, he will give you a good performance like today and create 2 goals and then he will follow it up by playing poorly and giving the ball away putting in poor crosses and trying shots from 50 yards out.

Chris Taylor poor again almost like he's undropabable, we've seen him win us matches in the last 5 years but he certainly wasnt today and he has been indifferent all season.

Netherless a wins a win we play well often enough only to lose or draw so take the wins when you can get them.

Right am off to get battered and bring in 2012 lets hope its a year to remember for all of us.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Not a great performance by all accounts.

Probably deserved to win it on chances alone!

I didn't boo Dickov but I thought he brought the wrong man off (although his tactics did work)......... Taylor should have come off IMO!!!

It's a good job he didn't take Taylor off. Bit shocked at Dickov's reaction to it all. Went to congratulate him at the end, he just starred at me with an angry expression and walked up the tunnel.

To be fair the fans didn't know he was injured - and he'd been our best player! No one would have booed if they'd known he was injured!

Notts were awful today and it would have been an injustice if we hadn't have won - reckon the return of Lee and Mvoto were key for us for building from the back today.

Well done lads; losing today, to Hartlepool and to Chesterfield would have lowered morale going to Anfield, but that hasn't happened - Are you watching Liverpool ("Liverpool" fits into the song just as well as "Merseyside", you know...) ?!

Edited by JoeP

It's a good job he didn't take Taylor off. Bit shocked at Dickov's reaction to it all. Went to congratulate him at the end, he just starred at me with an angry expression and walked up the tunnel.

I clocked that. I sit right near the tunnel and Dickov had a face like a smacked arse at the end, not at all what you'd expect after a come from behind late win...

Edited by Break The Silence

I was sat right in the thick of it, although wasn't one of the boo boys and never would be. The discontent was because everybody thought Dickov had taken the wrong man off, definately wasn't aimed at Morais who got quite a positive reception...

Edited by Break The Silence

I think everyone knows that the boos weren't aimed at Morais. Apart from you that is. :unsure:

Did Morais read it that way?

Only going off posts on here, but there's more than a suggestion he took it personally.

Just trying to offer a reason for why Dickov was peeved. If I'm wrong, fine.

Edited by opinions4u

Did Morais read it that way?

Only going off posts on here, but there's more than a suggestion he took it personally.

Just trying to offer a reason for why Dickov was peeved. If I'm wrong, fine.

I get ya! Suppose he could of done. If he still had a twitter we could tell him it wasn't and we all love him (Till next week that is)

Was just listening to Dickov's bbc interview and he seems to understand why some people booed.

Edited by oldhamains

Today's team:

Cisak....Apart from pick the ball outta the net, very little to do. Needs to make his mind up sooner and let others around him know his intentions....7

Lee..... Our 'rookie' right back who couldn't get a game two years ago, great to have him back today. Mr consistent and consitently excellent, best right back in League 1 and sadly probably earning his corn in The Championship next season......8

Diamond..Solid again and a goal to boot, galvanised the back four and won more than he lost in the field....8

Big John.Won everything in the air and played the ugly side of the game well, still needs to learn where row z is but welcome back big man....7

Black....Better than Mellor in that position but still our weak link; in the words of the song..'Black is Black'!....6

Luca.....Good feet but far from Premiership class, cost us a goal with his dallying but scored at the other. Had some good touches and cameos but needs to toughen up...7

Adeyemi..He ain't no Wes...in and out but not enough in, if you get my drift! Not a central midfielder but gets around the pitch, just lacks in all departments...6

Furman...Not his best game but was there when needed and did a job...7

Taylor...Probably his worst performance for a while, failed to have an impact at all. Think his head's on his next contract or Anfield....6

Parker...Poor out wide, all pace and no end product. Looked a different prospect through the middle, think he'll make way for Simpson next week...6 wide 7 up top

Kuqi.....It's all about Shefki or is that Mr Petulant! Looked out of sorts and needs a rest in order to bring him down a peg or two, anyone notice his non-celebration for the winner. You ain't Messi Shefki, get rid quicker instead of keep losing the ball like you did for one of their goals....6

Morais...Much better than Boxing Day, good energy and ball movement, capped off with a goal....however fortunate it was to go in!....7

Team for Anfield:

Cisak

Lee

Diamond

M'voto

Black

Taylor

Furman

Wesolowski

Scapuzzi

Simpson

Kuqi (After Monday's 'rest')

Song for the glory hunters.....'Where were you at Boundary Park'!

It's just striking midnight here. What a Happy New Year!! :-)

It's just striking midnight here too. Happy New Year honorary BALLS member! B)

Thanks to your folks today for their efforts in ensuring strong BALLS representation in the Paint Pot 1st Leg.

Good luck to both of you and to Chunburi FC in 2012.

Burton Area Loyal Latics Supporters

Oh yes, Hughes - the epitomy of humanity. Spare the bull:censored: Diego

Only commenting on his pitch decorum yesterday, for which I didn't applaud him, but many did.

Many also booed Latics off at half-time and booed them again during the low spots of the second half, not to mention their verdict on the substitution.No doubt the booing would have been louder if 6,000 had turned up.