Vs Notts County 31.12.11

It's just striking midnight here too. Happy New Year honorary BALLS member! B)

Thanks to your folks today for their efforts in ensuring strong BALLS representation in the Paint Pot 1st Leg.

Good luck to both of you and to Chunburi FC in 2012.

Burton Area Loyal Latics Supporters

Thanks. We (Chonburi) secured second place in the TPL final table last Thursday.

I'm saving up for my trip to Wembley. ;-)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taylor claimed to have touched it!

I thought at the time that Taylor got the final touch. And i got a text at 2.30 this morning from my brother (NYE not really being that big a deal in our family) saying 'Sure Morais is claiming that goal?'. Morais probably needs it more than Taylor, let him have it.

Did everyone miss Taylor's two fantastic crosses into the box in the first half that were begging to have someone on the end of them? Should have done better with his 1 on 1 chance, keeper did very well to close him down however.

He wasn't as good in the second half but up until Morais' goal who had been?

I thought at the time that Taylor got the final touch. And i got a text at 2.30 this morning from my brother (NYE not really being that big a deal in our family) saying 'Sure Morais is claiming that goal?'. Morais probably needs it more than Taylor, let him have it.

I didn't think Taylor touched it, but someone sat close to me said he did. Taylor celebrated his goal on his own, but went to Morais on the halfway line, appearing to tell him he'd touched it.

0,,10337~10344313,00.jpg

Picture in OS Gallery

P.S. Confidence-booster for Morais.

OS

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Big John.Won everything in the air and played the ugly side of the game well, still needs to learn where row z is but welcome back big man...

He did brilliantly, under great pressure, to get his head to the ball to keep it in play from Morais' cross, which enabled Diamond to score the winner. :applause1:

Big Bad John

My take on yesterday;

Bad game, bad performance for the most part, :censored:e weather but......great character shown & great comeback.

My head still hurts from Martin Allen's constant bawling, barking and utter drivel - what a complete grade A cock he really is. And what was the point of coming out in a t-shirt 2nd half, having a tant as the 4th official pulls you on it being the same colour as your own teams jerseys, then stripping off to put on somebody elses waterproof jacket on??

I cant work out if its all a act for some unknown reason, but if it isnt ( which i do suspect) then he is quite possibly the biggest tosser i've ever seen in football.....what a :censored:!

As for the sub, i didnt boo it myself; but could actually understand those that did. Luca wasnt showing any signs of an injury and was playing well at that stage. I understand why people voiced their dissatisfaction.

As for the change itself: for me the switch should have been Tom Adeyemi, as once again he was utterly non-existent - did he touch the ball more than 10 times in the game? Morais on through the centre was my choice; but it didnt work out too badly in the end anyway did it?

Josh Parker was my MoM, Black was solid at LB and Lee and M'Voto made a huge difference. We miss Wes massively and Robbie Simpson can't sign up quick enough......

Awful game; great result in the end

Only commenting on his pitch decorum yesterday, for which I didn't applaud him, but many did.

Many also booed Latics off at half-time and booed them again during the low spots of the second half, not to mention their verdict on the substitution.No doubt the booing would have been louder if 6,000 had turned up.

The booing was not at Latics players, it was an the officials, in particular the linesman on the main stand side.

From yesterday, Parker is alot better upfront, Taylor looks better on the right wing.

Rest Kuqi against Chesterfield, being the oldest in the squad, younger players should look up to him, and getting booked for dissent etc isn't the way. He knew the linesman had flagged, but still chased a further 10 or so yards to get the ball and kick it away. He cost us the second goal also (Scapuzzi mistake was first) and soon as he got booked, i would of taken him of to show that you aint going to accept that sort of behaviour from him. If Simpson re-signs for tomorrow's game, then Simpson and Parker upfront for me. Or Smith and Parker upfront. Kuqi needs a rest anyway.

Dickov said he's learnt from resting players last season, and would play his best 11 each week, well Paul, you can't play them all each week especially when adding cup runs to 46 league games.

Edited by RobOAFC

Thanks. We (Chonburi) secured second place in the TPL final table last Thursday.

I'm saving up for my trip to Wembley. ;-)

Would be great to see you there if we make it. Thanks to your folks for the voucher. Happy New Year Dale.

The booing was not at Latics players, it was an the officials, in particular the linesman on the main stand side.

As Glen Campbell may have sung:

I am a linesman for Notts County

I used to be at Maine Road

I hear you booing in the Main Stand

I can hear you through the whine

And the Notts County Linesman

Is still on the line

:getmecoat:

From yesterday, Parker is alot better upfront, Taylor looks better on the right wing.

Rest Kuqi against Chesterfield, being the oldest in the squad, younger players should look up to him, and getting booked for dissent etc isn't the way. He knew the linesman had flagged, but still chased a further 10 or so yards to get the ball and kick it away. He cost us the second goal also (Scapuzzi mistake was first) and soon as he got booked, i would of taken him of to show that you aint going to accept that sort of behaviour from him. If Simpson re-signs for tomorrow's game, then Simpson and Parker upfront for me. Or Smith and Parker upfront. Kuqi needs a rest anyway.

Dickov said he's learnt from resting players last season, and would play his best 11 each week, well Paul, you can't play them all each week especially when adding cup runs to 46 league games.

Latics players must be stronger on the ball, it's a trait that's been evident this season.