Latics light up Anfield

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It isn't going to happen can you imgine it? 6000 people sat in a stand going "20, 19, 18, 17......" like they're waiting for the New Year, and you'll get some who count to quick/slow. With the minute of silence it would have to be way before kick off, or a few seconds before it making the countdown quick. Also what referance is it to Oldham? I don't see a link other than making the Scousers go "ooooooo ahhhhh shiny", similar to when Chasetown brought tinfoil to BP I was in stiches it made them look like idiots. The sight wouldn't be awe inispiring or intimidating it would be a moment of looking farily impressive before: "Isn't that from the Nikon advert?" It would also be haphazard with some having no idea what is going on, others just simply left out. We aren't tourisists, pictures will be taken no doubt but an organised attempt of 'lighting up Anfield' would make us look small time and just abit odd.

For an inspiring supportive site it should be scarfs/flags aloft, just a see of blue. That will inspire the players more and maybe show Anfield we mean business, the only people in the crowd who would see all the flashing lights who would feel anything but confusion and bewilderment are epiletics (spelling?) and to be honest I'd prefer not to cause a fit or two.

It isn't going to happen can you imgine it? 6000 people sat in a stand going "20, 19, 18, 17......" like they're waiting for the New Year, and you'll get some who count to quick/slow. With the minute of silence it would have to be way before kick off, or a few seconds before it making the countdown quick. Also what referance is it to Oldham? I don't see a link other than making the Scousers go "ooooooo ahhhhh shiny", similar to when Chasetown brought tinfoil to BP I was in stiches it made them look like idiots. The sight wouldn't be awe inispiring or intimidating it would be a moment of looking farily impressive before: "Isn't that from the Nikon advert?" It would also be haphazard with some having no idea what is going on, others just simply left out. We aren't tourisists, pictures will be taken no doubt but an organised attempt of 'lighting up Anfield' would make us look small time and just abit odd.

For an inspiring supportive site it should be scarfs/flags aloft, just a see of blue. That will inspire the players more and maybe show Anfield we mean business, the only people in the crowd who would see all the flashing lights who would feel anything but confusion and bewilderment are epiletics (spelling?) and to be honest I'd prefer not to cause a fit or two.

Just summed up everything that's poor about the idea.

Scarves, shirts and singing is the way to handle this situation.

Personally, ithink waving the carves around the head when aloft is better than copying Liverpools holding them alost waving side to side.

Why don't we all do the riverdance instead.

Keeping our upper bodies perfectly still no one will know we are doing it.

Winning!

They were recently clearing out an old farmhouse in County Cork and found an ancient book titled:

"IRISH DANCING VOLUME 2 - WHAT TO DO WITH YOUR HANDS"

If they reprint it Flatley's out of a job!

Liverpool's singing of "You'll Never Walk Alone" (Fact fans might know its from the Rodgers and Hammerstein musical 'Carousel') is a little big like the Haka for NZ in rugby, as it can give the Liverpool team a psychological advantage before the game.

Although some of the responses to the Haka will be difficult to replicate (I can't see how it would be possible for us to replicate the arrow-head the French did in the last RWC final), some might be feasible. I think a team turned their backs to it, incidentally Juve did that when the Scousers tried to apologise for Heysel; so turning our backs might work. The Welsh stared them out and anther time got one of their tenors to sing Bread of Heaven afterwards (we could sing something else after).

Liverpool's singing of "You'll Never Walk Alone" (Fact fans might know its from the Rodgers and Hammerstein musical 'Carousel') is a little big like the Haka for NZ in rugby, as it can give the Liverpool team a psychological advantage before the game.

Although some of the responses to the Haka will be difficult to replicate (I can't see how it would be possible for us to replicate the arrow-head the French did in the last RWC final), some might be feasible. I think a team turned their backs to it, incidentally Juve did that when the Scousers tried to apologise for Heysel; so turning our backs might work. The Welsh stared them out and anther time got one of their tenors to sing Bread of Heaven afterwards (we could sing something else after).

What winds up the home fans most, is the opposing team winning the toss and getting Liverpool to play towards the Kop in the first half.

Three minutes before the kick-off, Oldham fans will start a very slow count down from 20. All Latics fans will join in with the count down and as it reaches zero, after three, two and one .......... every Latics fan will simultaneously flash their arse to create a spectacle which will hopefully be remembered as “Latics Light-up Liverpool with their arses.” Can you imagine around 6,000 arse flashes lighting up the Latics end all at once? It should be spectacular and may even become our own form of Mexican wave! Please help spread the word and make it a night to remember for all.pow.gif

Three minutes before the kick-off, Oldham fans will start a very slow count down from 20. All Latics fans will join in with the count down and as it reaches zero, after three, two and one .......... every Latics fan will simultaneously flash their arse to create a spectacle which will hopefully be remembered as “Latics Light-up Liverpool with their arses.” Can you imagine around 6,000 arse flashes lighting up the Latics end all at once? It should be spectacular and may even become our own form of Mexican wave! Please help spread the word and make it a night to remember for all.pow.gif

MoonOverScotland.jpg

I can't believe Oldham are embracing this, I love the line imgine 6,000 fans doing it. I'm like I would but I won't see out, none of us will if it was organised by Liverpool and they turned all the lights off then ok. But last time I went to a night which was earlier this season, the stadium seemed pretty bright to me and that was BP so unless Anfield breaks health and saftey it won't look like anything. I'm offically boycotting this, I'm a real fan I'll wear my shirt stick out my chest lift my scraf above my head and sing until I can sing no more. Not inturrpt a minutes silence for a football man, do an embarrsing countdown and then 'light up Anfield'