Wembley: If the wish comes true....seating and proposed singing block(s)

We wont fill out our allocation so im sure a lot of people will be the cheapest and sit in the dearest seats lol

I will be going £34 if thats where the atomsphere will be, if we play swindon then i will be getting the train from gloucestershire via swindon and will be on with all their fans and trust me my singing will still right there in the middle of the carriage!

OWTB!!!!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have sat lower tier behind goal and upper tier on side and behind the goal

i would say in this order

lower tier behind goal (as long as not below row 15)

upper half way line

upper behind goal

if you are at the top of the stand in the upper tier it is very high

when we played croatia and qualified for the world cup we got in the ground and they werent serving alcohol! WTF fuming lol beware! :ranting:

Good work Diego. Get a couple of blocks nominated and let the club know, so they can put it on the OS if we get there so people know to sit there if they want to sing (and to avoid if they don't!). Also be useful if the ladies in the ticket office were aware too...

when we played croatia and qualified for the world cup we got in the ground and they werent serving alcohol! WTF fuming lol beware! :ranting:

I think its been policy for a while now that alcohol isnt served at England games, they were serving beer at the last few Play Offs and FAC Final according to friends.

Does anybody have any experience of the £24 seats high up?

Only been once and was in the £40ish range which was fine.

Sat on the top tier twice for Challenge cup finals.

No problems with the view at all, got the front row of the top tier on one of them which was excellent.

Sat on the top tier twice for Challenge cup finals.

No problems with the view at all, got the front row of the top tier on one of them which was excellent.

Cheers to you and all others.

If we get there I might need to ponder a budgetary friendly option! Mrs o4u has taken an unhealthy interest in attending the occasional match recently ...

I sat in the high priced seats (block 226 or the equivalent on the other side) for the Dale V Port play off final. It was £80 then so the reduced price seems a lot better. Seats were nice, next to the tv gantry no queue for the bar. If we don't get beat by Chesterfield, prob would go for the second most expensive tier.

How they better than the £44 seats in front of them, though?

The 200's are basically Club Wembley seats, I know they are cushioned and have drinkholders - though cannot remember if the other seats have these?

The £58 seats guarantee a good view, with the £44 quid seats you could end up on the first row which I don't consider to be a good view.

I've sat in all areas now apart from the Club Wembley area - if they're flogging them I'll be there, it'll be a decent seat and much better facilities than the concrete bowl you plebs will be looking for a pie and pint in.

No worries on the booze front, it will be on sale. Those of you who have been to see England and it wasnt on sale is because it was either a WC or EC Qualifier and FIFA and UEFA regulations state they cant sell booze, international friendlies are fine though. One gripe about that is that the Club Wembley sorts are allowed to drink, it's just the normal fans who cant.

The only warnings I would give is the first few rows behind either goal are probably best avoided as they're the worst views in the house in my opinion, if you're sitting behind the goal try for higher up the bottom tier and then the view's great. And for those in the top tier....if you're old,got knackered knees,are obese,lazy etc etc then dont get seats right at the back, it's a big walk up the steps to get there.

And after saying all that....could we hunt down the original poster and nail him to a fence outside Boundary Park for now guaranteeing we wont get there? ;-)

Only the club seats have holders, which I actually got to use as my visit to this section was for the Challenge Cup. You can drink in the ground at RL games... it's so retro!!

Been in all four corners / behind both goals up top, upper and lower halfway line and behind both posts lower (ie every location apart from the Royal Box and I neally got to sit in there for the England V Aussie four nations game but decided to slum it downstairs with the lads). No real preference as all views are good, although at a push I'd prefer lower seating

Edited by Markoasis