Wembley: If the wish comes true....seating and proposed singing block(s)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And after saying all that....could we hunt down the original poster and nail him to a fence outside Boundary Park for now guaranteeing we wont get there? ;-)

It's better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one than to have an opportunity and not be prepared. If not this season, maybe next! B)

Meanwhile let's hope the players are fully prepared for the games against Chesterfield, and sing our hearts out for the lads.

If I get the chance, I'll be standing at Wembley, the fearless bastard that I am.

Aye, it'd be reyt good to get a singing block at Wembley, get behind the boys and all that.

Edit: Providing we do the business against Chesterfield, which hopefully we do.

Edited by SholverBlue

Sat on the top tier twice for Challenge cup finals.

No problems with the view at all, got the front row of the top tier on one of them which was excellent.

Was near the back of the top tier for the Challenge Cup final in 2008 and spent the whole game clinging to my seat convinced i was about to fall to my death. It was terrifying.

With hindsight, given where my seat was, and that up until a few days before the game i wasn't going to go cos i wasn't well, taking codeine and having a few pints before the game might not have been the best idea.

In tonight’s rarely-wrong Chron:

Simpson has extra motivation to put Athletic through to the JPT final on Sunday, March 25, having missed out last year when on loan with Brentford due to an ankle injury.

“I booked a box for my family months in advance, so to get the injury so close to the game was devastating,” said the former Coventry City man.

“They still had a good day out and this time I plan to give them another one but with me actually playing on the pitch this time.”

Chron

Why the bollocks do we have to talk about this now, when we're quite a way from Wembley. All the talk about potential singing areas, getting tickets can be done after the second leg if we manage to get through. Which is ample time to arrange such :censored:.

This country.

The attitude of quite number of supporters tonight we may aswell just give up now.

The 314 at Orient didn't have that attitude. Losing 1-0 at half-time, Latics, backed by great noisy support, came back to win by two goals - just what's needed in the second leg, if penalties are to be avoided.

The future doesn't belong to the faint-hearted; it belongs to the brave. :comeon:

The 314 at Orient didn't have that attitude. Losing 1-0 at half-time, Latics, backed by great noisy support, came back to win by two goals - just what's needed in the second leg, if penalties are to be avoided.

The future doesn't belong to the faint-hearted; it belongs to the brave. :comeon:

Nor did the 200 or so at Scunny sad reality is half these are the day trippers.

Out of the many posts in this thread, the relevant ones on the subject of a singing/meerkating section, as suggested by oafctom are:

£34 for me looking at that.

Good idea - Stockport did it against Dale in the play offs a few years ago and they well outsung Rochdale (and also battered them on the pitch!) I was up in the £24 seats that game and it was a dire view. I highly recomend that whichever block we choose, it's in the £34 bracket.

Got to be the £34 seats behind the goal, for me! Can't beat those seats IMHO!

I will be going £34 if thats where the atomsphere will be…

Get a couple of blocks nominated and let the club know, so they can put it on the OS if we get there so people know to sit there if they want to sing (and to avoid if they don't!). Also be useful if the ladies in the ticket office were aware too...

So it would seem to be preferable to be in the £34 (£17 concession) tickets – either East Blocks 105-118 or West Blocks 126-139. Behind the goal would mean either East Blocks 111 or 112 or West Blocks 133 or 134.

IF Wembley becomes a reality, I’ll write to Neil Joy on 31st Jan suggesting one or both of these Blocks, dependent on which end of the stadium is allocated.

We could do with a plan if indeed we reach wembley. There would be nothing worse than us all dotted about killing any chance of an atmosphere.

A mate went with dale and said it was nigh on impossible to create a prolonged level of support.

They struggle at Spotland though!