B2net Stadium

I haven't been able to get to either game here.

As it's probably similar to what we would have had at failsworth...how was it regarding facilities,view, legroom etc?

Exactly what we need imo, the right size and arched roofs make it a tad more unique. Leg room ok, acoustics good and the corporate facilities look superb…..if only :-(

Nice place and as said, exactly what we need, just the right size, felt comfortable throughout the game. Just a shame about the parking in and around the area. I dont know how they get on with Saturday afternoons because it seemed like everyone parked in Tescos but you cant do that during the day

Nice place and as said, exactly what we need, just the right size, felt comfortable throughout the game. Just a shame about the parking in and around the area. I dont know how they get on with Saturday afternoons because it seemed like everyone parked in Tescos but you cant do that during the day

Quite a bit of street parking available on the other side of ground from Tesco, well there was for the league game.

Parked on the opposite side of the road (off street) Straight in straight out both games. No problem. I'd rather it be 16000 minimum though. Sure we wont fill it but at least it shows the ambition to fans and future backers/players.

Parked on the opposite side of the road (off street) Straight in straight out both games. No problem. I'd rather it be 16000 minimum though. Sure we wont fill it but at least it shows the ambition to fans and future backers/players.

is that what Darlington thought?

Just seems weird to have a 2010 stadium with visitors ticket sales from a porta cabin...

If you've been to Bournemouth, you would appreciate Chesterfield's positioning of a portacabin next to the away turnstiles, to save you having to go to the ticket office on the other side of the stadium and then walk back to the turnstiles.

The ground wasn't as soulless as I'd expected and the facilities were superb. Unfortunately though it was another stadium that could be anywhere from Arbroath to Wrexham.

I'd be happy with something similar as long as we tailored it to Oldham. The brick facade on the Failsworth proposals (below) designed to replicate the mills were a cracking touch. I hope this is the sort of thing we make sure is in the scheme when one eventually surfaces & comes to fruition.

oldhamathletic.gif0,,10337~8807217,00.jpg

If you've been to Bournemouth, you would appreciate Chesterfield's positioning of a portacabin next to the away turnstiles, to save you having to go to the ticket office on the other side of the stadium and then walk back to the turnstiles.

They didn't do that this season. You paid at the turnstile, which was much better.

Colchester is a pain, having to join a queue at the ticket office and then a 15 minute walk (OK a slight exaggeration) right round the ground to get to the away end, so I suppose Chesterfield isn't too bad. (I've never been to the B2net by the way)

Edited by Bristolatic

Right size??

10,600 capacity, would be a joke for any team with Championship aspirations.

Crowds of 3,500 show aspirations of lower mid-table in the third division, the odd day out in the cup and hoping to win the JPT. The current ground holds about the same as the B2Net….12,000 at Failsworth would have been more than enough as was 13,500 the last time we were in the Championship between '94-'97.

Edited by oafcprozac

They didn't do that this season. You paid at the turnstile, which was much better.

Colchester is a pain, having to join a queue at the ticket office and then a 15 minute walk (OK a slight exaggeration) right round the ground to get to the away end, so I suppose Chesterfield isn't too bad. (I've never been to the B2net by the way)

What Chesterfield did last season, Bournemouth does this season and Colchester.....who knows?

Down to finances my friend - 13 million for 10.4k all seater.

Rotherham's will be 12.5k costing 20 + million.

We have only been full for a couple of games so far so it looks as the size was judged to be correct.

Yeah like Wigan, Southampton. Brighton, Blackpool etc etc etc....

Common fctors up to a point being that they had money (OK. Southampton didn't go to plan) rather than hoping it would arrive. Darlington was a unique and bizarre situation but what thet didn't have and could never really hope to have was a decent size fanbase and sadly I'm not sure we're really that different.

Wigan didn't really have the fanbase but they did have the guaranteed activity from the rugby.

The ground wasn't as soulless as I'd expected and the facilities were superb. Unfortunately though it was another stadium that could be anywhere from ARBROATH to Wrexham.

I'd be happy with something similar as long as we tailored it to Oldham. The brick facade on the Failsworth proposals (below) designed to replicate the mills were a cracking touch. I hope this is the sort of thing we make sure is in the scheme when one eventually surfaces & comes to fruition.

oldhamathletic.gif0,,10337~8807217,00.jpg

seriousley ? have you seeen Arbroaths "stadium" makes seel park mossley look like wembley !

seriousley ? have you seeen Arbroaths "stadium" makes seel park mossley look like wembley !

Unsurprisingly no, I have not seen Arbroath's stadium.

My point was quite clearly that was the B2Net has no echoes of vernacular architecture. It could be plonked anywhere in the UK as it was clearly not designed to reflect its location in Chesterfield.

I would like to think that any stadium built in the Oldham area would make an attempt to look like it belongs there.