Our Finances

Again, without getting into the 'if more people attended' debate, the average attendance for 2010/2011 was 4392.

The average so far this season is 4723 after 12 games. Of the ten league games we have left at home, I would say the Preston game is the only dead cert for an attendance over 5000, with Charlton and Tranmere games maybe having half a chance of 4500. So there is a good chance that despite the increased number of away fans paying through the turnstiles this season, a few sub 3000 attendances club could still see the average attendance drop below 4392.

If things don't progress with the new stand, I am not counting out the possibility of Latics playing their home games at Gigg Lane in 2-3 seasons time.

With gates of around 1500!!

If we hadn't had categories this season and charged £23 for all games would we really have had fewer people through the gate for the likes of Exeter? I doubt it very much. People go to these games because they support the club, not because it's a few quid cheaper.

It's pretty clear to me that price isn't the main issue.

If it was, crowds would have been higher for the Cat C games.

A Tranmere fan at work tells me that their budget is around £900k which if I'm not mistaken, is quite a chunk smaller than ours.

I wouldn't have said it is, not after the wage budget was cut substantially for dickovs first season, and then again in his second season. Cant see ours being much more than 900k

Lots of talk about newbies being on £600 a week = £30k a year. All numbers sourced by random posts on owtb so do take with a pinch of salt!

I assume Furman's on a bit. Another owtb post said Taylor became a higher rate taxpayer when he signed his last deal. No idea if these guys would compete with a Lee Hughes £80k a year deal these days.

I think the playing budget will be a little over £900k, but coming down all the time.

A Tranmere fan at work tells me that their budget is around £900k which if I'm not mistaken, is quite a chunk smaller than ours.

My guess is that will just be the playnig budget.

IIRC rom LL & L&E the anual budget is £3m for OAFC.

I cannot recall the playing budget but would hazard a guess around the £1m mark.

We have cut the budget since then, and lost a backer, so I would not be suprised if our player budget was less thsn theirs.

Lots of talk about newbies being on £600 a week = £30k a year. All numbers sourced by random posts on owtb so do take with a pinch of salt!

I assume Furman's on a bit. Another owtb post said Taylor became a higher rate taxpayer when he signed his last deal. No idea if these guys would compete with a Lee Hughes £80k a year deal these days.

I think the playing budget will be a little over £900k, but coming down all the time.

In the current tax year you would need to earn more than £42,475 to pay the higher rate of tax.