Tonights Attendance ?

50% up on very poor is still poor.

The length of time since we had a viable number of home fans does not bode well for the Club's future.

oh come off it...your old enough n daft enough to know that this has always been the case at latics....if the game wasnt on tv last night then i would imagine that the attendance would have been more....but its far to easy to turn the telly on or go to the pub,stay warm dont spend as much money as going....there was no incentive other than hope....maybe if the club had said if we win we will give some kind of discount voucher for tickets then more would have come.....

oh come off it...your old enough n daft enough to know that this has always been the case at latics....if the game wasnt on tv last night then i would imagine that the attendance would have been more....but its far to easy to turn the telly on or go to the pub,stay warm dont spend as much money as going....there was no incentive other than hope....maybe if the club had said if we win we will give some kind of discount voucher for tickets then more would have come.....

Surely the incentive in going to watch Latics is always "hope". If winning 2-0 with two minutes to go, it's hope rather than confidence. We just have to hope that somebody is daft enough to invest in the Club.

50% up on very poor is still poor.

The length of time since we had a viable number of home fans does not bode well for the Club's future.

what were you expecting?

just looked back to the wrexham game at similar stage in 2005 when we were getting better crowds. the attendance that night with similar away turn was 4881 and that game was not on sky.

last night was a good crowd, we had more home fans than chesterfield had in first leg. look at league games and they are getting much higher gates

Edited by NIKI1234

what were you expecting?

just looked back to the wrexham game at similar stage in 2005 when we were getting better crowds. the attendance that night with similar away turn was 4881 and that game was not on sky.

last night was a good crowd, we had more home fans than chesterfield had in first leg. look at league games and they are getting much higher gates

We can talk all day about comparative attendances, but the problem is the Club continues to get gets crowds which make it non-viable, and unattractive for the necessary investment to secure its long-term future.

We can talk all day about comparative attendances, but the problem is the Club continues to get gets crowds which make it non-viable, and unattractive for the necessary investment to secure its long-term future.

Statement of the bleeding obvious. :)

I'm with you in so much as I feel generally our crowds are a disgrace. But in the current scheme of things, last night's crowd has to be seen as pretty reasonable, surely ? Given factors such as : On TV, freezing cold, night match, tin pot trophy, poorly-regarded oppo, poor form, league gates of 3.5k, recession, blah blah....

Edited by Yard Dog

Statement of the bleeding obvious. :)

I'm with you in so much as I feel generally our crowds are a disgrace. But in the current scheme of things, last night's crowd has to be seen as pretty reasonable, surely ? Given factors such as : On TV, freezing cold, night match, tin pot trophy, poorly-regarded oppo, poor form, league gates of 3.5k, recession, blah blah....

It was half-price admission with the 'most important game of the season' tag.

I think there are many more important reasons that would persuade any potential investor to steer well clear of the club than our attendances.

Anyone going into the industry thinking they'd get any return through the gates would be totally ignorant of the reality of how football clubs generate income and grow their businesses in 2012.

I hope that Neil Joy isn't also getting annoyed at what has been illustrated to be an impressive attendance in the context of the competition, our season and recent history and thinking this will have some long term detrimental effect. If his top long term solution to the club's financial malaise is simply to try to increase attendances we won't be here in 10 years. The club needs to generate revenue that is totally independent of the team on the pitch.

Bums on plastic seats is so 1992.