Once an Athletico, always an Athletico..

Heard some bollocks spouted on internet forums but this really, really takes the biscuit.

Oh, it's grammar by the way

Really? So what you're saying is that out of the whole of the internet, all the fake death reports, theories about 9/11, JFK, etc, and everything else my feelings that footballers get too much stick and not much sympathy for a number of reasons is the is the worst?

If so I would advise you to you read about Gary Speed, Dean Windass and multiple others who have been mentally ill whilst in football. Andrew Flintoff even did a BBC doc about sportstars and depression, the simple fact of the matter is they get less help than many other people for mental problems.

Fans are are partly at fault, if a player admitted to suffering depression the sympathy levels would be borderline null. I would never argue they have it the worst, they don't, does that mean it is ok to call players overpaid puffs? If that is part of fan culture? If so I'd rather not call myself a football fan, we are in 2012 but the continued lack of understanding is amazing.

Really? So what you're saying is that out of the whole of the internet, all the fake death reports, theories about 9/11, JFK, etc, and everything else my feelings that footballers get too much stick and not much sympathy for a number of reasons is the is the worst?

If so I would advise you to you read about Gary Speed, Dean Windass and multiple others who have been mentally ill whilst in football. Andrew Flintoff even did a BBC doc about sportstars and depression, the simple fact of the matter is they get less help than many other people for mental problems.

Fans are are partly at fault, if a player admitted to suffering depression the sympathy levels would be borderline null. I would never argue they have it the worst, they don't, does that mean it is ok to call players overpaid puffs? If that is part of fan culture? If so I'd rather not call myself a football fan, we are in 2012 but the continued lack of understanding is amazing.

I'm quite sure you're overestimating the help, sympathy and understanding non-footballers get.

• 3 weeks later...