Next Seasons Home Kit

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keeping with the new badge thing and all that, I hope we will have two shades of blue, to represent the rolling hills of Oldham and all that.

'the rolling hills of Oldham'....perhaps we could have a bit more detail added into the badge to represent the bubbling, crystal-clear streams and wonderful wildflower meadows...of....er... Oldham......?

Edited by Yard Dog

I really dislike the current home kit. It doesn't say "This is Oldham Athletic" to me. It could be anyone. For me, this is the kit that set us apart from everyone else and I'd love to see it return. It looked good when we wore it with blue shorts too

Oldham_Athletic_1956-1957-s.gifOldham_Athletic_1961-1962.gif

I'd go for the 1948-1950 strip, but any of the 3 would be fine by me.

Oldham_Athletic_1948-1950-s.gif

I'd go for the 1948-1950 strip, but any of the 3 would be fine by me.

To me, thats too much like huddersfield, hartlepool, and at a push, birmingham city, and the blue/blue/white colour scheme screams either Everton or Chelsea, not Latics.

When I first became aware of football and Latics was the latter end of the Premier League days, and whilst I fully acknowledge this may not be the case for older supporters, Latics played in all royal blue,with a dark red trim, arguably the colours that made them famous. If ever there was a kit or colourscheme that screams 'this is latics', its got to be royal blue throughout.

The only other team I can think of that has a kt, or has had a kit anywhere close to all blue with red/white trim is Carlisle, but they have always had a bit more white in there, and usually either have white shorts and/or socks.

Add blue to any one of the 'new' Cabrini kits produced for other teams for this season and you'll get our kit for next year

Dont be surprised if Fila make the kits next year. Although from what I believe it is essentially the same company as Carbrini, both Blackpool an Bournemouth have switched over their branding to Fila.

To me, thats too much like huddersfield, hartlepool, and at a push, birmingham city, and the blue/blue/white colour scheme screams either Everton or Chelsea, not Latics.

When I first became aware of football and Latics was the latter end of the Premier League days, and whilst I fully acknowledge this may not be the case for older supporters, Latics played in all royal blue,with a dark red trim, arguably the colours that made them famous. If ever there was a kit or colourscheme that screams 'this is latics', its got to be royal blue throughout.

The only other team I can think of that has a kt, or has had a kit anywhere close to all blue with red/white trim is Carlisle, but they have always had a bit more white in there, and usually either have white shorts and/or socks.

That is exactly the style they should go with now and complete reverse away shirt red with blue trim circa 1987-88.....would love latics to bring out the retro shirts for that year

Edited by palmer1

That is exactly the style they should go with now and complete reverse away shirt red with blue trim circa 1987-88.....would love latics to bring out the retro shirts for that year

I wouldn't even necessarily call it a retro shirt. Even if they replaced the red trim of the shirt with a gold trim to go with the new badge, or a tangerine trim, I wouldn't be too fussed. But an all royal blue kit for home, and possibly the exact reverse (tangerine with a navy trim), would scream 'this is Latics' in my opinion.

I wouldn't even necessarily call it a retro shirt. Even if they replaced the red trim of the shirt with a gold trim to go with the new badge, or a tangerine trim, I wouldn't be too fussed. But an all royal blue kit for home, and possibly the exact reverse (tangerine with a navy trim), would scream 'this is Latics' in my opinion.

yeah i mentioned the tangerine trim earlier in the thread. I personally dont care about the tangerine debate but it would keep everyone happy I think

there is just to much white in the latest home strips imo although historically thats how its been

Please no more of this tangerine nonsense, that's Blackpool's dull colour.

Latic's colour was Electric Orange.

mm Iam not sure everyone thinks that, first I have heard it referred to it! Good if it was. It would not stop the accusations of copy cat from Lashers fans though! Maybe the colour could be more elctrified this time round I'd warm to it.

Although we might get confused with Geordies

article-1375998-0CF75E0300000578-672_306x423.jpg

Edited by singe

Although the all blue kit of the late 1980s/early 1990s reminds me of those halcyon days, I personally found the kit a little drab and dark.

As far as I’m aware Birmingham, Macclesfield, Millwall and AFC Wimbledon all wear versions of all blue kits this season.

What screams Latics for me is the blue and white halves shirt, part of a kit we wore for over 50 years.

we are situated in the largest textile producing town in the country and we still buy in cheap chinese crap from carbrini ?????

get someone local to make them (harveys would probly jump at the extra buisness in these hard times ) then we can make them unique to us might make them slightly more expensive to manufacture but would make them ours!

do the same with all merchandising bring it in house then we make any profit for ourselves

Hate the current home kit. Reminds of stockport country or Dog Dale. Too much white in it.

Our kit should be mainly blue with a bit of white/red if needed. The 1995-96 with the owl sewn into was my fav kit...

Thinking about it i have liked a few carbrini away kits but the home ones are awful

If it is going to be fila, i'd be happy with the same style as blackpool's current away kit. All blue shirt with a white collar, would be similar to the 81-82 shirt (i think).

As they are part of the same company, I imagine any potential kit made by fila would be very similar to any carbrini kit in terms of design and quality, basicaly just replacing the carbrini logos with fila ones.

Just look at blackpools home shirt and its same problem, fila slapped on the sleeve, and on the socks, make it look like an orange Fila football shirt with a blackpool badge on it somewhere. Don't think there is any need for the manufacturers logo on the sleeves, or for an overly massive presence on the socks.