How many of you wouldn't mind of Dickov went?

Me! I really hope he goes soon, its awful attempting to play football on the deck! I really hope he gets sacked soon and then we can bring someone like Ronnie Moore or Dave Penney back. I loved Dave Penney's football, there was only usually 1 or 2 goals in it! I know it was usually against us and we lost 1 or 2 nil but I thought we were a tight unit because we never got out of our half......... so at least we played together........ in the same half!

I also felt that under Ronnie Moore it helped my neckache! Brian Talbot and Mick Wadsworth were great aswell!

I just hope we sack Dickov because he has no passion, commitment or affinity with the fans! He also showed no commitment or will to win as a player!

:petesake:

How do we measure success and what are our realistic expectations each season based on a very limited budget, poor facilities and sub 3000 attendances?! Two decent cup runs, mid-table position/possibly touching distance of play-offs is a decent achievement based on what Paul's had to work with.

Yes, tactics can be questioned on occasion but overall the product on the pitch is light years ahead of what has been served prior to Dickov's appointment. I would look to measure him against Shez because I still think Shez could have achieved something here given an extra season or two because we were making progress with him too and the events following tha night at the dogs was a serious knee-jerk reaction by all concerned. We imploded and had we kept Hughes then who knows?!

Avoiding relegation i.e. team being in bottom four for most of season, I would give Dickov another two seasons (one at very least) to consolidate a decent heart within our team without all the chopping and changing. Let's then review his achievements at that stage.

Pushing above our weight. When you look at some of the (similar sized) clubs that have sunk as low as the Conference in recent years, i'd say we're pretty lucky. I've always considered Stockport to be a very similar club to ours, and look where they are now. This division isn't great, and i'd love to see us get out of it, but I think it'd be an achievement just to avoid relegation with, as you say, our budget, attendances and facilities.

It is frustrating how long we've been in this division, and that frustration is only going to grow the longer we languish in it, but if you look at our situation objectively, we're doing OK.

How do we measure success and what are our realistic expectations each season based on a very limited budget, poor facilities and sub 3000 attendances?! Two decent cup runs, mid-table position/possibly touching distance of play-offs is a decent achievement based on what Paul's had to work with.

Yes, tactics can be questioned on occasion but overall the product on the pitch is light years ahead of what has been served prior to Dickov's appointment. I would look to measure him against Shez because I still think Shez could have achieved something here given an extra season or two because we were making progress with him too and the events following tha night at the dogs was a serious knee-jerk reaction by all concerned. We imploded and had we kept Hughes then who knows?!

Avoiding relegation i.e. team being in bottom four for most of season, I would give Dickov another two seasons (one at very least) to consolidate a decent heart within our team without all the chopping and changing. Let's then review his achievements at that stage.

I'd be more inclined to use a stronger word than decent to describe that achievement than 'decent'. I'd say that situation were it to play out could be a massively impressive achievement all told.

I'm disappointed that there is a thread with this notion of sacking PD; but as others have said - not surprised either.

One of the biggest issues we have is the fan base - there aren't enough of us who go to games anymore; and a minority of those that do unfortunately are clueless sheep-type of the sky-sports / football manager era who demand success yesterday…..with little appreciation of what it takes to get that success.

On our budget; linked in with the status of our owners & board, with our attendances & fan base - and with the facilities we have to work with in terms of training ground & "stadium" (& I use that term loosely in terms of describing BP) - then managing to keep us competitive & away from the bottom 4 in the division is nigh on an amazing job.

PD needs time to see this through. Thread like this don't help at all in that quest….