I'll probably get chewed out for this but frck it!!!

I've made my mind up, Kuqi's goal blast at the start of his stint with us was a flash in the pan & has glossed over what he's done since.

Tonight summed it up. It's very admirable that he wants to graft, to drop deep to help out, to track back and defend. But all that matters not one jot if you cant do the 1 job that you are suppose to do; namely bloody finish.

His misses tonight are unforgivable - he should have scored both; but especially the one at the end.

Im getting pissed off with his attitude too; think it was prozac who christened him Shefki Sulki and its spot on. If he spent more time focussing on putting the chances away instead of arguing with opposition managers or the officials; he might actually manage to put the ball in the net.

Now Reid is back i personally would drop him. Not rest him, drop him. No player is bigger than the team / the club, and Kuqi has been poor for months now. He's had to continue to play because we had no alternative. We have one now; so its Reuben in & Kuqi out for me.

No end product; no start IMO

(off rant & off to bed now!!!!)

I dont think Kuqi is playing too much different to when he first arrived overall he is just not in goal scoring form.

Also I thought Oldham fans loved grafters? Paul Warne was a hero for most.

Personally I never expected Kuqi to be the 20 goal a season man, has he ever been that in his career? I dont think we really have a prolific scorer anywhere on our books so Reid or Smith coming in isnt going to change much and I would pick Kuqi in over Smith every time.

I dont think Kuqi is playing too much different to when he first arrived overall he is just not in goal scoring form.

Also I thought Oldham fans loved grafters? Paul Warne was a hero for most.

Personally I never expected Kuqi to be the 20 goal a season man, has he ever been that in his career? I dont think we really have a prolific scorer anywhere on our books so Reid or Smith coming in isnt going to change much and I would pick Kuqi in over Smith every time.

I'd pick Dickov over Smith every time.

That's it for me in bold.

As I say, it's admirable that he wants to work back and do some covering for the side; but it's not his friggin job to do that. I don't want my striker covering at left back as he was at more than 1 stage last night. That's not his job. By all means ball-out a team-mate who should be doing that <cough Marsh-Brown cough> but dont do it yourself; at the expense of being where you should be - namely leading the line and looking to be in positions to score.

It's no wonder that, Sheff Utd penalty apart; he he's scored 1 in open play in 20 games - becuase he's rarely in a right position to do that.

I've watched him closely all season, and his attitude has changed as the season has developed. He now seems to want to get into spats with the officials & the opposition bench; rather than focus on the game itself.

I understand the decision making in giving him the armband in Furman's absence; but with the current attitude he displays I don't agree with it.

PD constantly harps on about what an example he is to the younger ones.....well, it looks like we're in for seeing Mellor, Winchester & Tarky sulk, strop, argue, totally lose the plot for years to come then if that's the example they're following.

With all his much-trumpted experience, he shouldn't be trying to break the net with his shots; or snatch woefully at them. He'd have another 10 goals this season if he just took his time. I thought we were signing experience & guile - I don't see much of it on show, and haven't since the start of November for Shefki.

To directly answer Losesome; yes - i would drop Kuqi now Reid is back to fitness as his current form; well actually his form from November onwards, doesn't warrant a starting spot. We had other options to do this before now; Smith up front for a conserted run et all, but now Reid is back; we have a real viable one.

And..........Reid is in the right place - the penalty box more times in 10 mins than Kuqi is in 90mins, so yes - I would bring in Reuben Reid instead of Shefki Kuqi.

Not the only one is he ?

Looked weary and unfit today, does he actually do any training ?

I think it's more a mental weariness than a physical one due to the goals drying up. I don't think he can be criticised for effort - at his age, he still probably covers more ground than a lot of the younger players but it's now becoming wasted effort. He's lacking sharpness rather than fitness and perhaps a spell on the bench might help him lose the frustration and rekindle that early season sharpness and eye for goal.

I've stuck with him but today was final straw for me.

Does anybody else think PD is scared of Kuqi - I was some way away admittedly, but seemed like he was apologising to him for taking him off.

Anybody else would have expected a rocket up the arse after that miss and subsequent petulance.

I don't agree with his constant moaning at refs but why the hell did diamond have to leave the pitch in second half today!

As a striker dickov wil be understanding with him he is still getting in the positions the thing I don't buy into is that he does a lot for the team Reid offers more infact the goal come when Reid chased down a lost cause ball down the line from Morais ball whipped in from corner bang diamond bullet 1-0

30 odd games without a rest cancellations a side is a lot for a young kid let alone shefki which why he has to have his batteries recharged for the Rochdale game

see i think he's been due a rest for ages and he could have been on 20 goals by now and we could be looking towards the playoffs without playing that good.

but... i think our chances of finding an equaliser went when he went off and we looked like a worse team. it's a tough one, because he's not got any confidence but neither has smith who would be his replacement. on the pplus side reid looked sharp today

I don't agree with his constant moaning at refs but why the hell did diamond have to leave the pitch in second half today!

As a striker dickov wil be understanding with him he is still getting in the positions the thing I don't buy into is that he does a lot for the team Reid offers more infact the goal come when Reid chased down a lost cause ball down the line from Morais ball whipped in from corner bang diamond bullet 1-0

30 odd games without a rest cancellations a side is a lot for a young kid let alone shefki which why he has to have his batteries recharged for the Rochdale game

Diamond had to go off as some blood was showing in his head bandage- its the same as blood being on his shirt. If he had gone off quicker he'd have beaten their player back on.

Next time you see him play, count the number of times he clears a corner for us.

More than the centre backs combined.

But that maybe is because he is the front man and lots of corners don't beat the front man. If someone else was the front man they'd clear the same number of corners

Edited by rudemedic

I've stuck with him but today was final straw for me.

Does anybody else think PD is scared of Kuqi - I was some way away admittedly, but seemed like he was apologising to him for taking him off.

Anybody else would have expected a rocket up the arse after that miss and subsequent petulance.

This is the crucial point - no player is bigger than the club, especially Shefki Kuqi.

He seems to have the "big man on campus" attitude, which is ridiculous considering the chances he's missed.

I always used to think Boundary Park was the graveyard for promising strikers - decent players were criticised unfairly for their striker rate because, in my opinion, of the lack of supply they were getting. The fact is though, Dickov is playing a system where lots of chances are created, but they're all falling to a player who has dropped down two divisions for a reason.

He must be one of the highest earners at the club - paid to perform well and paid to be an example to the youngsters. He seems to be appalling at both.

At the moment, I think his salary would be best spent elsewhere next season....

............and the case for the prosecution rest m'lord

Feckin awful all game today, 1st half when Lee fired a ball into the box; Kuqi was 50 yards away from the box. The second half miss is as bad as ive seen; mostly due to the fact its a game changer. He's scores & IMO we win the game. Miss (it was terrible, how can you miss the ball as badly as that??) and we lose.....

Throwing a water bottle after being subbed is a petulent show of billy big balls attitude.

I want him dropped - i've had enough

Over-hyped & under-performing

But that maybe is because he is the front man and lots of corners don't beat the front man. If someone else was the front man they'd clear the same number of corners

Aye, Hughes was the same, was the man nearest the corner taker and cleared most of the corners. Stick any of the CB's where Kuqi stands and they'll clear most of the corners.

Misses a absolute sitter 6 yards out, pretty much costs us the game...gets his name chanted & gets a near enough a standing ovation when he is subbed.

Had that have been Taylor the majority would be booing like mad and foaming at the mouth. Latics fans absolutely baffle me.

Hate home games, they're grim & depressing. Even when we had a piss poor side with the likes of Rickers, Garnett, McNiven, Whitehall etc the atmosphere & crowds were much better!

Edit: The throwing of the water bottle maybe due to him still being pissed about missing that sitter. He even did his bellyflop after it.

Edited by Butter

The miss yesterday was shocking and cost us 3 points (never mind 1).

But I don't think we have an alternative. Reid became anonymous once Kuqi went off. We brought Smith on and again start playing even more long ball without any success (when will PD realise that this plan B doesn't work?).

Given how thin on the ground the squad is and with Simpson out, I'm not sure we can afford to drop him.

The miss yesterday was shocking and cost us 3 points (never mind 1).

But I don't think we have an alternative. Reid became anonymous once Kuqi went off. We brought Smith on and again start playing even more long ball without any success (when will PD realise that this plan B doesn't work?).

Given how thin on the ground the squad is and with Simpson out, I'm not sure we can afford to drop him.

i agree,i know some of the misses from kuqi have been woeful and i certainly didn't clap him off but i am always hopeful that the goals will start to come again

smith for me is a definate no no and reuben{offside}reid isn't the answer either,he may get us the odd goal but i wouldn't want to rely on him.

if finances allow for next season i would use all available funds on a decent striker,this team have proved they can make chances they just need someone to finish them..of course that depends on the squad staying together

i agree,i know some of the misses from kuqi have been woeful and i certainly didn't clap him off but i am always hopeful that the goals will start to come again

smith for me is a definate no no and reuben{offside}reid isn't the answer either,he may get us the odd goal but i wouldn't want to rely on him.

if finances allow for next season i would use all available funds on a decent striker,this team have proved they can make chances they just need someone to finish them..of course that depends on the squad staying together

I wouldn't write reid off just yet. When he first joined us he had fitness problems and was showing good form just before his injury this season.I think there's a player in there if he stays fit.

It's the old strike partnership thing.

Most successful teams have two strikers who do well. One gets 20+ the other a dozen or more. Porter / Warne perhaps the last time Latics had anything close to that.

Some games they'll be on fire. Other times one goes through the lean spell but the other bangs them in. Then it reverses. But there's always somebody on song.

We pin all our goalscoring hopes on one man. As above, Reid and Smith scoring goals regularly? I don't see it happening either.

It's the old strike partnership thing.

Most successful teams have two strikers who do well. One gets 20+ the other a dozen or more. Porter / Warne perhaps the last time Latics had anything close to that.

Some games they'll be on fire. Other times one goes through the lean spell but the other bangs them in. Then it reverses. But there's always somebody on song.

We pin all our goalscoring hopes on one man. As above, Reid and Smith scoring goals regularly? I don't see it happening either.

IMO the key to that team was the midfield we had Richie Wellens playing killer balls, Gary McDonald making late runs into the box, Taylor tormenting full-backs and Liddell pinging crosses in. Porter had exceptional off-the-ball movement and Warne was the engine who would drop off and drag defenders out of position