Could Kuqi play in midfield ?

Kuqi is clearly struggling as a striker and wonder if he may now be more suited now to a midfield role ?

I remember Vic Halom converting well after he lost some pace, so perhaps Kuqi could do the same.

He could be paired in central midfield with Reece Brown or M'Changama - with Smith and Reid up front.

I don't think it will happen though as PD seems to prefer 2 deep holding midfielders .

No it wouldnt work, he couldnt sit and he wouldnt have the legs to break from midfield not to mention he actually isnt that good on the ball cant see him dropping to take it off his centre halves

Best thing to do is take him out and rest him

Tuesday I would go

Cisak

Lee

Diamond

Tarky

Mellor

Morais

M'Changman

Adeymi

Taylor

Reid

Smith

Does anyone think reid would have the disclipline to play wide left shuft taylor inside and make it 5 accross the middle wit the extra man in there?

Stevenage usually play 5 accross the middle so we may have to match them or get over run

He'd get caught in possession far too much.......I would let him go at the end of the season, he'll be on a fair wedge and I just don't see what value he brings to the team.

He had a good start this season but for someone who played in the premiership last year his all round game is not up to the required standard.

He seems a very selfish player to me and not the type

of player that will bring out the best in our younger lads.

He'd get caught in possession far too much.......I would let him go at the end of the season, he'll be on a fair wedge and I just don't see what value he brings to the team.

He had a good start this season but for someone who played in the premiership last year his all round game is not up to the required standard.

Yeah, so selfish he tracks back and tackles for us and sets us away again, constantly running and chasing for the team, for a bloke of his age at a small stagnant club such as ours, it is brilliant to see.

If the other 10 players in our team put their chances away and worked as hard as he does then it wouldn't be the case that apart from Kuqi, Simpson and Reid have only 4 or 5 each and fook all from anyone else in the team on the goals front this year.

Taylor has been :censored:e this season and i don't think i have ever seen him as bad as he was on saturday - completely useless and disinterested.

But yeah i forgot, Taylor is the best player we have :lol: and Kuqi is :censored:e.......

I don't think I could disagree more. Kuqi wants the team to win probably more than anyone else out there. He's got a striker's selfish streak - which is why he's scored 15 goals - but he's a team player all right. If anything, we could do with a couple more old heads like his.

Yes, he's on a crap run of form but let's not get carried away.

Stick him on the bench for a game.

I'd feel more hope with him coming on after 67 minutes than when Matt comes on after 80.

He's getting more stick than he deserves though. Works his knackers off for the team. The goalscoring thing is something in the head. Being dropped for one game will do him no harm.

Edited by opinions4u

Yeah, so selfish he tracks back and tackles for us and sets us away again, constantly running and chasing for the team, for a bloke of his age at a small stagnant club such as ours, it is brilliant to see.

If the other 10 players in our team put their chances away and worked as hard as he does then it wouldn't be the case that apart from Kuqi, Simpson and Reid have only 4 or 5 each and fook all from anyone else in the team on the goals front this year.

Taylor has been :censored:e this season and i don't think i have ever seen him as bad as he was on saturday - completely useless and disinterested.

But yeah i forgot, Taylor is the best player we have :lol: and Kuqi is :censored:e.......

I know; isn't it ridiculous when people put forward their views in such polarised terms?

A few weeks ago I was saying don't drop as it would only increase his drought, but I now think he looks shattered mentally. He needs a break, I'd be tempted to give him a few days off away from the club, go back to Finland come back fresh and hungry.

Edited by oldhamandy1

I wouldn't want to go down the route of playing kuqi in midfield, i'd rather give one of our younger players a chance.

How about v stevenage we go :

Cisak

Diamond M'voto Tarkowski

Lee M'changama Burns Mellor

Morais Taylor

Reid

I recall Sheridan putting Gregan in midfield for a JPT game I think and it was nothing short of terrible. Kuqi would be similar. His main attributes, using his upper body strength to hold the ball up wouldn't be as effective in the middle.

I'm losing patience now with Kuqi. While it's not in question his pedigree and quality, his track record in the past 20 games has been an embarrassment. It seemed unthinkable back in December getting rid of him, but I think his penalty miss against Chesterfield in the semi-final followed by the plethora of schoolboy misses in front of goal have just destroyed his confidence. The latest horror miss was symptomatic of someone completely in the wrong frame of mind. I think he's blown his chances of another season-long contract to be honest.

But, his ready-made replacement Smith is well off the pace too. He's a big lad but doesn't seem to have a nasty side to him. Looks like an American college kid - all square chin and boyish looks. He doesn't go in hard, or crude making sure the ball is his like Kuqi does so well. He needs to develop that side of his game quite considerably to make it at this level or higher. A bit like Grant Holt or Ricky Lambart have done.

Are we honestly talking about releasing someone who's scored 15 goals this season with time still to be played?

:censored: I didn't know we were pushing for promotion and only had room for 25 goals a season strikers!

Full of fail.

I recall Sheridan putting Gregan in midfield for a JPT game I think and it was nothing short of terrible. Kuqi would be similar. His main attributes, using his upper body strength to hold the ball up wouldn't be as effective in the middle.

I'm losing patience now with Kuqi. While it's not in question his pedigree and quality, his track record in the past 20 games has been an embarrassment. It seemed unthinkable back in December getting rid of him, but I think his penalty miss against Chesterfield in the semi-final followed by the plethora of schoolboy misses in front of goal have just destroyed his confidence. The latest horror miss was symptomatic of someone completely in the wrong frame of mind. I think he's blown his chances of another season-long contract to be honest.

But, his ready-made replacement Smith is well off the pace too. He's a big lad but doesn't seem to have a nasty side to him. Looks like an American college kid - all square chin and boyish looks. He doesn't go in hard, or crude making sure the ball is his like Kuqi does so well. He needs to develop that side of his game quite considerably to make it at this level or higher. A bit like Grant Holt or Ricky Lambart have done.

Gregan spent a lot of time in the midfield role at PNE so he was no stranger to it, his problem was he just couldn't turn as he got older.

Kuqi is more like Vic Halom, a striker who has lost that sharpness required, but could bring others into the game from midfield.

I don't know if PD has tried him there in training, but thats a good place to check things out.

Edited by BP1960

Stick him on the bench for a game.

I'd feel more hope with him coming on after 67 minutes than when Matt comes on after 80.

He's getting more stick than he deserves though. Works his knackers off for the team. The goalscoring thing is something in the head. Being dropped for one game will do him no harm.

Yet again I tend to agree.

Kuqi coming on all bustle and energy will be far more of a lift than starting and fading

I think you can probably set a clock to his fading.

it seems to me he absolutly shatterd. That miss on saturday was because he couldnt readjust his feet cause hes leg heavy. Hes done great for us this season but hes pretty much played every match. Give him a rest for 2 weeks and we might see a return to form, someone needs to tell him to stop snatching at chances as well but i think its just tiredness thats the biggest issue

Are we honestly talking about releasing someone who's scored 15 goals this season with time still to be played?

:censored: I didn't know we were pushing for promotion and only had room for 25 goals a season strikers!

Full of fail.

Got to agree.

There are ways of managing the moment (rest, dropped, subs bench or whatever).

There are ways of providing more support (works better when Furman and Wesolowski play because he doesn't have to drop deep).

But get rid? I'd say he's worth another season. If he wants it. And if the price is right.

I reckon he might just get to 20 goals too. Blind optimist, and assumes Uncle Simon doesn't tell Dickov to drop him if he gets too close.

I'd be a bit worried about Kuqi this time next season, he maybe as much use as a chocolate fireguard. On Saturday after missing the sitter he looked like a man who's legs had gone watching him get up was like watching a dog on lino. I think if we are relying on Kuqi to get us the goals we need next season we won't do very well, use him correctly and he could be a good asset for us. The difficulty is we don't exactly have the cash to be paying Kuqi regularly for him to not be deservedly starting every game. If we can only afford two of Reid, Simpson and Kuqi next season, I'd be saying goodbye to the flying Finn.