Should Kuqi start against Rochdale?

80 members have voted

1. 1. Should Kuqi start against Rochdale?

• Yes
    • No

Of course he should start. If Emile Feckin Heskey still gets a game after scoring 9 in over 80 games for Villa, Kuqi's nothing but prolific. Apart from that, we've nobody else that even looks like hitting the onion bag or even knowing where it is, with the possible exception of those already in the starting 11 such as Reid, Morais etc. Smith has done precisely naff all to suggest he should start, so who replaces the Flying Finn without changing the structure?

Of course he should start. If Emile Feckin Heskey still gets a game after scoring 9 in over 80 games for Villa, Kuqi's nothing but prolific. Apart from that, we've nobody else that even looks like hitting the onion bag or even knowing where it is, with the possible exception of those already in the starting 11 such as Reid, Morais etc. Smith has done precisely naff all to suggest he should start, so who replaces the Flying Finn without changing the structure?

wouldn't "changing the structure" be a damn good idea?

I've voted yes because for a game like this you need a worker. So what if he doesn't score?!

I believe his dip in form can be traced back to a Latics Player interview he did last year when he was still flying. With a look of solemn disappointment on his face he bemoaned the fact that we weren't higher up the league as in his opinion, the division was poor. I don't think he's scored another open-play goal against League One opposition since.

In my opinion he lost his focus at this point, believing that he could score with his eyes closed. Around half a dozen games into the barren spell we saw a player beginning to creak under his own expectations. Cue falling back too deep, snatching shots, arguing with anyone within 5 yards of him.

I almost wish he'd pick up a little niggle to force Dickov's hand as a break from the team would do him the world of good. Just not this weekend.

Smith doesn't get the time to prove he should. Last time he started a game, he scored. He'll never progress with 10 minutes here and there.

We aren't going to be promoted or relegated this season so from now we have a great chance to give Smith game time. He scored a lot of goals at a lower level and has a massive advantage with his height. Give him a proper chance and if it doesn't work out in pre season we'll have a better idea of what we need to bring in (or not as the case may be).

Now that smith has gone to macclesfield i'd say it's nailed on he'll start

Should he start ?.....Mmmm ?....although i buy the work rate debate, his main purpose should be to put the ball in the onion bag.

Would another misfiring striker be given the same patience?.....i'm not so sure.

Anyone who thinks for one minute that he should'nt start knows nothing about football or is a closet dale fan !!

Aye, how could we even dare to think about dropping a striker who has not scored in open play in 21 games? How can we even think of dropping a striker who has recently missed quite a lot of sitters.

Bloody outrage.

Penney out!

Ive gone with a NO vote.......people on here know my thoughts on 'king' Kuqi at present

I'd start my Grandma ahead of him on current form, granted she's 94 and massively infirm, but her goals in open play record is the same as Kuqi's over the last 21 games so it'd be a like for like swap on form stats

couldnt give a flying saucer about his moaning - the very fact that a 35yr old gives enough of a :censored: about a lower league stagnant club like us to run himself into the ground for the team every game, when he could have quite easily played a league higher and in better teams than ours - for that he deserves a start undoubtedly.

He has missed some guilt-edged chances i won't deny that for a minute, but i would be focusing my energies on a non-existant midfield and wing players - not one of those 4 players gives any form of attacking service and help to Kuqi et al up front at all - Morais has improved but still doesn't give us enough end product.

Taylor - nothing needs to be said - i think and would hope everyone who was at the last 2 home games saw what he gives us and what his abilities amount to - jack sh1t.

I KNOW we have injuries to key midfielders and Simpson is injured, but that still does not excuse our complete lack of goals from midfield this yeat or the wings - or anywhere else in the team aside from Kuqi.

Furman and Wes are the same player both defensive minded and our wingers have been average and piss poor in reference to Morais and Taylor respectively.

I'd be looking to build a squad for nest year that provides SERVICE to the strikers consistently, be that through a game plan or players' abilities.

Its no wonder he gets frustrated and tracks back to half way to get the ball and the team moving forward when our attacking play is so lathargic and predictable.

I did notice against Scunthorpe (when as a team we played quick tempo pass and move) that Kuqi didnt do as much back tracking - why? - because we had Marsh-Brown and Simpson pushed right alongside him and he was often in the box and had chances.

Lee

Furman/or Wes

KMB

Kuqi

Simpson

Morais

Cisak

Tarky.

Build the squad around that bunch Paul, then we may actually move forward next year.

Sheff, I agree with most of what you put. I even agree that Taylor has been poor for the last two home games (although he was excellent at Bramall Lane).

everyone who was at the last 2 home games saw what he gives us and what his abilities amount to - jack sh1t.

But to suggest he doesn't have ability? That's just wrong.

Simpson didn't play against Scunthorpe.