Good excuses?

We miss Wes and Furman. They make the midfield tick.

The players are carrying injuries. Only a handful are able to train. Is this down to coaching team, who knows?

The starting lineup changes week in, week out (esp Defence)...again down to injuries?

are these excuses good enough for our inconsistancy, poor form, and poor all round play?

I think they explain a lot of it.

We're mid table. Where else did we realistically expect to be without these problems?

It still makes me wonder about the fitness regime at the club though (although it would be a stretch to put shoulders falling out, hamstrings tearing etc down to that).

Edited by opinions4u

Here's a good excuse a lot of people seem to be missing.

OUR PLAYERS ARE :censored:.

Well, they're not though, are they? Otherwise we'd be in the bottom four.

Pretty much any team would struggle without their first choice centre midfielders, especially if they're as integral as ours are. A lack of clinical finishing and some terrible defending haven't though. Still, if you'd told me at the start of the season we'd be 14th, and 8 points off the bottom 4 at this stage, i'd have been happy.

No money

Team full of loanees / kids / freebies

Plenty of Injuries to first team players

What do people expect?

As long as we stay up, I'm happy.

I know I'm not in the majority there though.

No money

What do people expect?

Cisak, Lee, Wesolowski, Taylor, Simpson, Kuqi, Marsh-Brown would get in most teams in this division.

That's more than half our team that areshould be quality at this level.

Cisak, Lee, Wesolowski, Taylor, Simpson, Kuqi, Marsh-Brown would get in most teams in this division.

That's more than half our team that areshould be quality at this level.

Not with post-dislocated shoulder surgery.

Not with broken toe.

Not with 1 goal in 20+ games.

Not while suspended.

Don't think Taylor's been 100% fit of late.

The way some people go on, you would have thought no excuse is good enough. I don't see them as excuses I see them as reasons, also insert amount of games in a short space time, lack of match fitness due to games being called off just before the biggest games of the season. Also young manager still in only his second year, all these people moaning about Dickov tell me where Big Joe was at this point? Fergie? People expect promotion straight away, Dangerous Dave cost us a lot.

all these people moaning about Dickov

i think it's more worry & frustration than moaning.

I, like most, like the bloke & really want him do well.

he's made some excellent signings given the circumstances but doesn't seem able to organise them properly or get them right mentally.

regarding his post match comments last night, I'd rather he just didn't make any.

I knew exactly what he was going to say but didn't want/need to hear it.

No money

What do people expect?

How many will pay for the same mediocrity next season though ?

We've lost a few players all at once to injury or suspension and it's obviously going to hit us hard. Look at our most successful team in 'recent' years from Dowie's play off season. If we'd lost Fitz and Clint for a lengthy period at the same time would we have even made the play offs despite spending big on fees and wages? I doubt it. A comparable situation has happened here with us losing Wes and Furman with also arguably our most influential attacking player (Simpson) out as well with a much smaller squad with a vastly reduced wage/transfer budget. Even pre injuries was it ever realistic to EXPECT to be in the play offs.

Dowie's season is generally viewed as a succes so why isn't Dickov's season this year? When you compare it like this, it seems he's doing a good job.....

We've lost a few players all at once to injury or suspension and it's obviously going to hit us hard. Look at our most successful team in 'recent' years from Dowie's play off season. If we'd lost Fitz and Clint for a lengthy period at the same time would we have even made the play offs despite spending big on fees and wages? I doubt it. A comparable situation has happened here with us losing Wes and Furman with also arguably our most influential attacking player (Simpson) out as well with a much smaller squad with a vastly reduced wage/transfer budget. Even pre injuries was it ever realistic to EXPECT to be in the play offs.

Dowie's season is generally viewed as a succes so why isn't Dickov's season this year? When you compare it like this, it seems he's doing a good job.....

Perhaps it's seeing so many poor performances at home that annoys fans, I wonder what Dowie's home record was like that season ?

Perhaps it's seeing so many poor performances at home that annoys fans, I wonder what Dowie's home record was like that season ?

Were the performances recently against Colchester/Scunthorpe/Yeovil really that bad, or are people swayed so heavily by results that they can't appreciate the teams play if we lose? I think it's fair to say we deserved to beat Scunthorpe and Yeovil, if we had nobody would be saying anything about the performances.

Dowie's team had a particularly poor record at home for a such a successful team as I remember. Didn't we go nearly the whole season without losing away from home which is what the whole promotion push was based on?

Sat 10 15:00 H Cardiff City FLD2 L 1-2

Sat 24 15:00 H Tranmere FLD2 W 2-0

Sat 31 15:00 H Wycombe FLD2 L 0-2

Sat 14 15:00 H Mansfield Town FLD2 W 6-1

Tue 17 19:45 H Bristol City FLD2 W 1-0

Sat 28 15:00 H Huddersfield FLD2 W 4-0

Sat 19 15:00 H Luton Town FLD2 L 1-2

Tue 29 19:45 H Northampton FLD2 W 4-0

Sat 2 15:00 H Stockport FLD2 W 2-0

Sat 23 15:00 H Cheltenham FLD2 D 0-0

Sat 14 15:00 H Wigan Athletic FLD2 L 0-2

Thu 26 13:00 H Blackpool FLD2 D 1-1

Sat 4 15:00 H Peterborough FLD2 D 0-0

Tue 14 19:45 H Brentford FLD2 W 2-1

Sat 25 15:00 H Crewe FLD2 L 1-3

Sat 8 15:00 H Plymouth FLD2 L 0-1

Sat 22 15:00 H Notts County FLD2 D 1-1

Sat 8 15:00 H Colchester FLD2 W 2-0

Sat 15 15:00 H QPR FLD2 D 0-0

Sat 29 15:00 H Port Vale FLD2 D 1-1

Sat 5 15:00 H Barnsley FLD2 W 2-1

Sat 19 15:00 H Chesterfield FLD2 W 4-0

Sat 26 15:00 H Swindon Town FLD2 W 4-0

All taken from the fishal. Great start to the season then a pretty barren run up until the last 3 games of the season. I don't think this is releavnt in comparing the jobs that Dowie and Dickov have done though. The league this season is comparable in terms of the quality of the top teams and the number of big teams who can financially dominate the rest. However, we're now one of the smallest spenders in the leagues and the point is being made between the two teams in terms of coping with injuries. Would Dowie's side have had it's success with long term injuries to both Fitz and Clint. The answer is almost certainly no. If people expect us to win and are angry if we don't under the current cisrcumstances, they really need to get a grip on reality and lower their expectations. It's almost guarenteed to affect the performances and thus the results. Despite this, we've still deserved to beat 2 of the 3 teams we've played in our last 3 home games but we've made the odd silly mistake and failed to convert our chances something that is out of Dickovs hands right now. When we lose a number of key players with a small squad and very little money to work with (if any) we're going to struggle. I really can't explain this any more simply.

Edited by LeylandLatic

Were the performances recently against Colchester/Scunthorpe/Yeovil really that bad, or are people swayed so heavily by results that they can't appreciate the teams play if we lose? I think it's fair to say we deserved to beat Scunthorpe and Yeovil, if we had nobody would be saying anything about the performances.

Scunny yes, Yeovil no - can't say we deserved three points off the back of 15 decent minutes.

Scunny yes, Yeovil no - can't say we deserved three points off the back of 15 decent minutes.

The first half against yeovil was utter tosh and the second half not much better.

Our position in the league is probably where i expected us to be this season, but some of the home performances have been disappointing to say the least.

Very average teams are leaving with points that have been gifted to them far too often.

Despite bot playing that great first half we still had the best chances and more of them eitehr side of half time, I would say that constitutes desserving to win the game.

We miss Wes and Furman. They make the midfield tick.

The players are carrying injuries. Only a handful are able to train. Is this down to coaching team, who knows?

The starting lineup changes week in, week out (esp Defence)...again down to injuries?

are these excuses good enough for our inconsistancy, poor form, and poor all round play?

Yes!