Smith on loan to Macclesfield

If he wasnt going to play for us; starting games i mean, then this was the next best option for his development; and the clubs development of a young player.

This could be the making of him.

I read a piece on Steve Morison the other week, in which he said he owes Kenny Jackett so much, as it was he who had taught him how to "make it" as a profesional striker. Morison had apparently apologiesed to a CB in a pre-season game for barging into him and knocking hom to the ground. Jackett balled him out at HT sayimg something like 'you dont f-ing say sorry; so say have some of that & i'll f-ing do it harder next time you come near me'....or words to that effect! Basically, Morison said that Jackett told him to get mean on a pitch, to use his size & power and to stop being so nice; to develop a nasty streak.

Morison did just that and earned Wales caps and a 3million pound move to the Premiership....where he has continued to score goals.

IMO - Smith needs to do the self same thing. 'Man Up' if you will. For his size, he doesnt dominate as he should, or put himself about enough...he just looks too nice on the pitch.

Getting the living crap beaten oit of him by L2 CB's for the next 2 months will IMO do him the power of good. If Simpson, the Macc manager uses him properly and plays to his strengths, this really coild be the making of the lad. I hope it goes well for the kid - best of luck Matt!

If he wasnt going to play for us; starting games i mean, then this was the next best option for his development; and the clubs development of a young player.

This could be the making of him.

I read a piece on Steve Morison the other week, in which he said he owes Kenny Jackett so much, as it was he who had taught him how to "make it" as a profesional striker. Morison had apparently apologiesed to a CB in a pre-season game for barging into him and knocking hom to the ground. Jackett balled him out at HT sayimg something like 'you dont f-ing say sorry; so say have some of that & i'll f-ing do it harder next time you come near me'....or words to that effect! Basically, Morison said that Jackett told him to get mean on a pitch, to use his size & power and to stop being so nice; to develop a nasty streak.

Morison did just that and earned Wales caps and a 3million pound move to the Premiership....where he has continued to score goals.

IMO - Smith needs to do the self same thing. 'Man Up' if you will. For his size, he doesnt dominate as he should, or put himself about enough...he just looks too nice on the pitch.

Getting the living crap beaten oit of him by L2 CB's for the next 2 months will IMO do him the power of good. If Simpson, the Macc manager uses him properly and plays to his strengths, this really coild be the making of the lad. I hope it goes well for the kid - best of luck Matt!

Big Jon Parkin did well at Macc and went on to become a decent player.

good move, he wasnt going to get any better unless dickov gave him a run of games. looks like he wasnt planning to.

time for kuqi to step up now, and earn himself a contract for next year

He has a two year deal so he is here next year. Its fot his development and will hopefully improve us and him

Leon Clarke or may get hammered for this but think he showed the other week he's more than a target man Jon Parkin would more than do for me!!!

is this the Leon Clarke who Charlton just bought and the Jon Parkin who is on loan at Scunthorpe till the end of the season ?

But apart from that why wouldnt they be a target

He has a two year deal so he is here next year. Its fot his development and will hopefully improve us and him

i was on about kuqi stepping up and earning a contract for the next year, but you're right when it applies for smith too, good move and it's good to see dickov using the loan system

Think he might have had a good game today. Was the sportinglife 'key man' multiple times throughout the game.

Aye, according to BBC he hit the bar, and their manager said he won alot in the air but people werent getting on the end of his flick ons. Seems like he impressed..