I assume I'm classed as a "happy clapper" on here over the years?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everyone needs to cheer up on here, we're not a bad side. he's a good young manager, and we've got half the team out. we did lose today but did we play that bad?

Abject, as we were last Saturday rapidly losing patience with Paul 'talk a good game with :censored: all to back it up 'Dickov we're in the same place where we were this time last season yes injuries gave taken their toll but our attitude is :censored:e! Not good enough and the buck stops at his door

everyone needs to cheer up on here, we're not a bad side. he's a good young manager, and we've got half the team out. we did lose today but did we play that bad?

Yes, I though we were awful. Wide open at the back time and again and too lightweight in midfield. If we were tougher and tighter in those two areas we would naturally be more of a threat going forward. Sadly with the personnel we currently have available, I can't see any immediate improvement. 3 wins required, heaven help us!

Abject, as we were last Saturday rapidly losing patience with Paul 'talk a good game with :censored: all to back it up 'Dickov we're in the same place where we were this time last season yes injuries gave taken their toll but our attitude is :censored:e! Not good enough and the buck stops at his door

Yes rigsby (thats me) has highlighted the managers shortcomings moths ago when evryone and his dog was slagging me off and calling me names.

PD is not the manager 99% of our fans think he is,he's full of passion no doubt but he has the tactical awareness of my left bollock,his substitions at times are horrendous.He persists with taylor,the guy should be in the reserves,he seems to think he can earn a living whining at referees and his crossing is abysmal.

I dont want to get onto the likes of mvoto,hes about as solid as Rueben hazzell after 10 pints the morning of the game.

Lee,Morais (most talented at our club)cisak,and posibily tarkowski id keep,the rest,for me aren't good enough.

Oh god i just remembered,Brown,if he;s a footballer im the duke of york.

AAnyway,PD,thanks for trying,but for me,he can go at the end of the season.He's had enough time to make his mark,he hasn't made one.

Edited by rigsby

Yes rigsby (thats me) has highlighted the managers shortcomings moths ago when evryone and his dog was slagging me off and calling me names.

PD is not the manager 99% of our fans think he is,he's full of passion no doubt but he has the tactical awareness of my left bollock,his substitions at times are horrendous.He persists with taylor,the guy should be in the reserves,he seems to think he can earn a living whining at referees and his crossing is abysmal.

I dont want to get onto the likes of mvoto,hes about as solid as Rueben hazzell after 10 pints the morning of the game.

Lee,Morais (most talented at our club)cisak,and posibily tarkowski id keep,the rest,for me aren't good enough.

Oh god i just remembered,Brown,if he;s a footballer im the duke of york.

AAnyway,PD,thanks for trying,but for me,he can go at the end of the season.He's had enough time to make his mark,he hasn't made one.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If it's an inept manager you get rid, luckily Paul Dickov isn't an inept manager

thats your opinion, thats fine.

Your wrong though...

Sorry that sounds arrogant.

IMO your wrong.

Edited by rigsby

Nah, I ain't wrong.

I clocked on to your act months ago.

OK,

whatever.

If you think PD is not tactically inept and a terrible motivator your clocking is top notch.

His team talks must be absolutely blinding,his half time team talks must be out of this world.

yep,he's grand....

he talks a good game,i'll give him that.

Edited by rigsby

If it's an inept manager you get rid, luckily Paul Dickov isn't an inept manager

Of course he's inept, didn't you see him shout over to M'Changama and say "Dwell on the ball too long when there is an easy pass on to Brown then lose possession giving the Rochdale lad a clear run through on goal so we can bring his mate down for a penalty".

Half the stand I was in saw it. Inept I tells ya.

One half of me says judge Dickov when he isn't missing his best players and the other says he should be coping better with what he has got. Either way I'm gutted tonight.

I'm not saying get rid but it's time we were free to discuss his shortcomings which are exactly the same as last season like she's before him he's making the same mistakes albeit the collective backing off is a new phenomenon. I have to say brown is right up with the signings of roque, glombard and Hines

Get rid of Dickov, why not? It's worked wonders for us before.

Yep. And replace him with, er, erm...

I'm sick of having to make these points every week, but:

1. Those who want PD out - Who do you suggest we replace him? Who would genuinely want to come and manage Oldham Athletic? Most realistic replacements: Another ex-player looking for his first shot at management, á la Dickov, or a run of the mill, mediocre lower league manager á la Moore/Penney. Which would take us absolutely nowhere.

2. He's a young manager, working on an extremely tight budget, with a young squad, and a large number of crucial injuries, who still has us 6 points outside of the relegation zone, with 2 games in hand. We haven't been good recently, granted, but any one who wants Dickov out is, quite frankly, an idiot.

The best thing we can do for the moment is give him time and allow him to build. 1 and a half seasons is not time, despite what some might think.

Edited by JonesyOAFC

OK,

whatever.

If you think PD is not tactically inept and a terrible motivator your clocking is top notch.

His team talks must be absolutely blinding,his half time team talks must be out of this world.

yep,he's grand....

Try actually explaining your point, instead of just typing inane gibberish. It's what forums are for.

OK,

whatever.

yep,he's grand....

exactly.

Ronnie Moore & Dave Penney didn't talk a good game and we were (rightly?) on their respective backs sharpish.

Dickov has bought himself time by getting and keeping us fans onside from the off by "talking a good game" but hasn't done enough with that time.

Corney needs to stick a rocket up his arse Monday morning.

Honeymoon's over.

exactly.

Ronnie Moore & Dave Penney didn't talk a good game and we were (rightly?) on their respective backs sharpish.

Dickov has bought himself time by getting and keeping us fans onside from the off by "talking a good game" but hasn't done enough with that time.

Corney needs to stick a rocket up his arse Monday morning.

Honeymoon's over.

Time? He's been in charge for a little over eighteen months.

what the fu*k we got beat off the bottom off the league and 4 defeats in a row what the fu*k are you drinking for fu*ks sake............................

Time? He's been in charge for a little over eighteen months.

It's a sad indictment of modern football that a season and a bit is now considered plenty of time. What chance have managers got of building a side if fans are calling for their heads if they don't bring instant success?