If you want Dickov out...

ok, i don't want Dickov sacked at all but pretty much every thread on here at some point has a post about getting rid but with no-one suggesting who they'd bring in. so who would you have? try and be realistic as well (i know many on here will struggle with that!!)

if we go inexperienced its starting at square one as we have under Dickov. if we want a proven successful manager its going to cost us and i doubt many (if any) aren't already with clubs, which just leaves experienced managers who have never done anything.

Again, i think we should stick with Dickov but i would seriously consider getting rid of Taggert as noone really seems sure what he offers or even does?

ok, i don't want Dickov sacked at all but pretty much every thread on here at some point has a post about getting rid but with no-one suggesting who they'd bring in. so who would you have? try and be realistic as well (i know many on here will struggle with that!!)

if we go inexperienced its starting at square one as we have under Dickov. if we want a proven successful manager its going to cost us and i doubt many (if any) aren't already with clubs, which just leaves experienced managers who have never done anything.

Again, i think we should stick with Dickov but i would seriously consider getting rid of Taggert as noone really seems sure what he offers or even does?

if it was to be then I would go for... Dowie... :unsure:

For the record I don't want Dickov out,

Why are people having a pop at taggart? If taggart is so crap - surely thats dickov's fault and if he keeps him, it's Dickov who is to blame.

IF he was to go I'd look at Aidy Boothroyd. Only Got a contract til the end of the season with Northampton and we could do a lot worse.

cheers

Not a ridiculous thread, but ridiculous to want PD out.

People seem mostly to be annoyed with his post match comments rather than what he has done for the club. I'd rather he keeps working behind the scenes than focus on becomming a great PR executive.

Dickov is not an idiot and can see exactly what we see on the field. Other than some strange substitutions I think he has done pretty well.

The club has to think long term about the football and commercial aspects of OAFC and getting rid of PD will not help in the short or medium term.

Lack of obvious choicesays it all.

Dickov to IN.

What we need is investment, a new stadium, someone to buy new players and someone to subsidize the wage bill. Above all, we need supporters to actually appreciate what they've got and turn up. They are the biggest problem.

Now, because I just can't resist this perfectly reasonable thread for a football messageboard, Mark Robins. He did avery job at rotherham, and not that bad at Barnsley. Still, keep pd in and start looking closer to home for the real problem.

Lack of obvious choicesays it all.

Dickov to IN.

What we need is investment, a new stadium, someone to buy new players and someone to subsidize the wage bill. Above all, we need supporters to actually appreciate what they've got and turn up. They are the biggest problem.

Now, because I just can't resist this perfectly reasonable thread for a football messageboard, Mark Robins. He did avery job at rotherham, and not that bad at Barnsley. Still, keep pd in and start looking closer to home for the real problem.

Dowie wouldn't join us the guy is purley a money man, on winning promotion with Palace his wife told Simon Jordon that "it would cost him", Dowie then left Palace to get a pay rise at Charlton. He lost the dressing room and got another big payday at QPR, he did well in his first two jobs then what? Typical look to the past idea, if we rid (the wrong move by the way) why not make a move for Paul Tisdale?

Duxbury based on what? Surley if Taggart, Butler and Dickov are all failing he is too as part of the management team? He was also part of the Penney backroom staff and Sheridan's and he lost the dressing room. Duxbury is clearly not the man for the job, and would be an odd move given his results with the reserves aren't amazing.

Is this the same Dowie that had a budget 10 times bigger than Dickov has got and still couldn't get us out of this division??? :petesake:

Dowie's Oldham would piss this division now, the quality at the top in that season hasn't been reached since.

Dowie's Oldham would piss this division now, the quality at the top in that season hasn't been reached since.

You are missing my point.

I liked Dowie, but to talk of replacing Dickov with Dowie is bordering on the :censored:ing rediculous!!!

One is a manager who has not got a pot to piss in and the other was someone who the whole division envied as he had so much money it was unbelievable!!!

Like people have said, you can put Fergie or Mourinho in charge at the moment but if they dont have any wonga they will face the same problem!!!

You are missing my point.

I liked Dowie, but to talk of replacing Dickov with Dowie is bordering on the :censored:ing rediculous!!!

One is a manager who has not got a pot to piss in and the other was someone who the whole division envied as he had so much money it was unbelievable!!!

Like people have said, you can put Fergie or Mourinho in charge at the moment but if they dont have any wonga they will face the same problem!!!

Yeah suppose I did. Dowie was very good at making us hard to score against, so was Penney. It makes for a decent away record but lots of 0-0 at home without some quality up front which we can't afford. Dowie is not the answer, if I was wanting to replace Dickov, which I don't, I'd be looking at someone doing well at non league or in the division below. Holdsworth could be good, and although he is a massive prick when Preston fire Wesley I think he could do well. Essentially someone who would have a bigger budget at Oldham than they were used to.

Why are people having a pop at taggart?

Personally I've no idea, fans say his coaching can't be good enough because we concede too many goals. I don't think it ever occurs to them that the players we can afford just aren't good enough.

Edited by rictic

Yeah suppose I did. Dowie was very good at making us hard to score against, so was Penney. It makes for a decent away record but lots of 0-0 at home without some quality up front which we can't afford. Dowie is not the answer, if I was wanting to replace Dickov, which I don't, I'd be looking at someone doing well at non league or in the division below. Holdsworth could be good, and although he is a massive prick when Preston fire Wesley I think he could do well. Essentially someone who would have a bigger budget at Oldham than they were used to.

I dont think we need to replace Dickov, he is doing okay with what he has budget wise!!!

We the fans need to lift the spirits around the place thats all!

Dickov needs time and many on here who asked for that not long ago are now wanting rid!

I can see where this is going and believe me, people should be careful what they wish for......... this club lost enough supporters after Dave Penney....... another version will see us go to the wall!!!

The worry for me is a Ronnie Moore type of situation happening all over again.

There are a few 'seasoned watchers (for want of a better term) on here who havve said they may not be renewing their season tickets...........and lets be honest here; the home performances all season havent been good enough - not the sort of football, performances or results that encourage people to part with £300+ to renew or take the plunge for the 1st time.

Corney (granted along with t'other 2) has previous for sackings due to poor ST take-up.

Dickov shouldn't be immune from critisism. The people on here just being honest with their views shouldn't be chastised for posting them. But, IMO we do need to exercise caustion that these type of threads dont start manifesting into Dickov Out chants at games sooner rather than later.

He stays for me. But, he has to start to learn from mistakes that are unfortunately happening more & more frequently....and fast. He needs time, he needs a decent budget to work with. He wont get 1 of those straight off the bat. I worry he might not get the other one either if ST sales dont go well. KTF & renew people!

The worry for me is a Ronnie Moore type of situation happening all over again.

There are a few 'seasoned watchers (for want of a better term) on here who havve said they may not be renewing their season tickets...........and lets be honest here; the home performances all season havent been good enough - not the sort of football, performances or results that encourage people to part with £300+ to renew or take the plunge for the 1st time.

Corney (granted along with t'other 2) has previous for sackings due to poor ST take-up.

Dickov shouldn't be immune from critisism. The people on here just being honest with their views shouldn't be chastised for posting them. But, IMO we do need to exercise caustion that these type of threads dont start manifesting into Dickov Out chants at games sooner rather than later.

He stays for me. But, he has to start to learn from mistakes that are unfortunately happening more & more frequently....and fast. He needs time, he needs a decent budget to work with. He wont get 1 of those straight off the bat. I worry he might not get the other one either if ST sales dont go well. KTF & renew people!

I had exactly the same thought on the way home yesterday. Of course this assumes we don't go down...