My lad and his footballl club were invited along to the fc united game this weekend, his mum wouldnt let him go without me, and he really wanted to go so I had to. I gave my ticket Latics ticket away, so I didnt feel as quite as bad. Anyways, during the first half, one of the other dads said to me 'If you could get an atmosphere half like this at BP, then you would probably be further up the leagues with some decent youngsters established asvaluable pro's now. Its them main stand maoning :censored: that make them :censored: off you know, wish they would just hurry up and die.' I thought maybe the last bit was a tad harsh, but I agreed with his sentiment. There was about 3000 there I think, but if I started verbally abusing one of the players theres no way he could have heard me.

On the playing, side they had a tricky number 7 who had a great game so I clapped him when he came off. Thats when I heard it was Carlos Roca!! Aparantley Wolfy was number 8, who also had a good game, dont know whether thats true tho.

Sadly, I wouldnt be suprised if we play them in a few years, can't see them staying down. Mind you, I've only seen one game!!!

FC United gates have started tailing off a little bit I believe? Although I don't suppose playing your home games at three different venues will help this. Their gates have been largely around the 1500-2000 figure this season with two games nearer the 3000 mark (the game this weekend was 2873 and the Chester game was 3142)

Will be interesting to see how much the home support increases when they get their own ground. I definitely wouldn't rule out FC United getting to the BSP North, maybe even an outside shot at the BSP Premier but I think if they had any realistic hopes of playing league football they would probably have to go professional and charge considerably more than what they do, and from what I understand they are not willing to do this.

I think if they had any realistic hopes of playing league football they would probably have to go professional and charge considerably more than what they do, and from what I understand they are not willing to do this.

I dare say that would turn out to be a bit like how they weren't willing to move games to suit TV schedules

People are harsh on FC United. It's not nice when your club has one owner, football clubs should be floated on the stock market allowing people from their bedroom in Tokyo to buy and sell bits of the club as they please. It's what football has always been about and shame on someone for coming in and changing it.

football clubs should be floated on the stock market

Apart from the vast majority of them failing to meet appropriate standards of governance and transparency, oh, that and the fact they are wholly unsuitable vehicles for institutional investment which means that being quoted is a complete non-starter. I don't think there are any left now following Spurs' and Millwall's recent withdrawals from the LSE. How it was ever allowed in the first place remains a mystery.

IT still amazes me how many people do not realise how they no longer position them selves as anti United (Glazer) and once they realised they could get bigger crowds by actually no longer criticising them. And the fact Fergie refused to acknowledge them until they mended their ways. THey are just as bad as their big brother. The only thing I respect them for is the fact they raised a lot of money for their ground, more than we would, but even then they still got a major handout from the Council, and would not have been able to do anytig without it.

FC United was formed because they didn't like the owners before they even knew what he wanted to do, they say it is the rising prices and things like but it's rubbish. Many who formed this club are former United fans who spat their dummy out when something happened they didn't like, there is no loyality towards that club. Many of their 'fans' do it as a novelty, and for me they sum what is wrong with football. They started at a lower level and bought they way up, using TV, newspapers and magazines to further they 'campaign'. They claim it is similar to AFC Wimbeldon but it's not, and the club rot.

They can't enter the football league on a moral basis, after all they must thing the whole system is corrupt. Otherwise they would have started supporting a well run lower league club, like us Rochdale, Bury, Macc or hell even Stockport. They didn't because they wanted a 'cause' and make names for themselves, the sooner people stop putting this club on a pedastal the better.

All FC United fans still follow Man United.

Not a breakaway club. Just a penis extension for those that need it most.

QUALITY.

They do sing mostly united songs I think, unless theyve changed the words.

The original thread was supposed to be about main stand moaners ruining young players. Or occassionally failing like with Eardley, Tierney and hopefully Taylor. You must have lost that in your mainstandblinkeredcunt rage.

QUALITY.

The original thread was supposed to be about main stand moaners ruining young players. Or occassionally failing like with Eardley, Tierney and hopefully Taylor. You must have lost that in your mainstandblinkeredcunt rage.

I ain't a mainstander.

I ain't blinkered.

I am a c&%t

33.3% = F

That's out of order on a club that have invented non-league football and singing at matces.

:lol:

And, of course, are keeping the moral fibre of football intact by stealing all the best talent in non-league away from other, more established clubs. Ah, now that's real football.

Also, I was looking up their attendances t'other day, and they've fallen by about 50% now they aren't winning every week with ease. So, at least they're keeping the spirit of United alive, with gloryhunting plastics.

QUALITY.

to be fair every club has it's fair share of Main Stand moaners, it's more the fact that at BP in recent times there doesn't seem to be any singing sections. I still believe a lot is down to demolishing the Lookers and not replacing it, even though the stand probably needed to get knocked down it always seemed to be a slightly more sociable place where the atmosphere was always positive

Sat in both Main and RRE, mostly main though.

From my experience theres alot more moaners in RRE, just that in main the players that get abused most such as Eardley and Taylor is more noticeable as the players are very close to them for half a game.

:lol:

And, of course, are keeping the moral fibre of football intact by stealing all the best talent in non-league away from other, more established clubs. Ah, now that's real football.

Also, I was looking up their attendances t'other day, and they've fallen by about 50% now they aren't winning every week with ease. So, at least they're keeping the spirit of United alive, with gloryhunting plastics.

Again to be fair, they have had to use 3 different venues for home games (Tameside Stadium, Gigg Lane and Bower Fold) and they will in all likelihoods get at least what they are getting now when their new ground is built

• 3 weeks later...

Sat in both Main and RRE, mostly main though.

From my experience theres alot more moaners in RRE, just that in main the players that get abused most such as Eardley and Taylor is more noticeable as the players are very close to them for half a game.

It get me down that a Latics fan has jumped ship to fc united, because he thinks thats what football is and thats what BP should be like. I can see what he means to be fair.

to be fair every club has it's fair share of Main Stand moaners, it's more the fact that at BP in recent times there doesn't seem to be any singing sections. I still believe a lot is down to demolishing the Lookers and not replacing it, even though the stand probably needed to get knocked down it always seemed to be a slightly more sociable place where the atmosphere was always positive

Yeah I really miss that stand. Its definatley the case that people will renew their ST with the sole intention of going along and having a good whinge, what a waste of money. And sadly, they just dont realise the damage they are doing.

Play good football don't moan play :censored:e consistent football moan as much as you want............... if someone has a massive :censored:e in yah curry would you thank them or go fooking mad hahaaaaaaaaaaaa best example ever ;)

Edited by qwerty

A tad harsh?! Anyone who thinks the reason the atmosphere at BP is crap is down to the old moaners in the Main Stand is kidding themselves. Have they been suppressing the other two/three stands all these years too?

Spot on.

I used to sit there with my Dad when I was younger and getting to know Latics. I had only problem with one bloke who was no more than 45. He sat with his Dad, obviously 70+ yet he didn't moan a bit.

There are several examples. Firstly, Colchester away and a bloke, again no more than 40, having a right blast at Dickov. Then there was Chesterfield this season and when Kuqi missed a penalty this young lad, 18-19, called him a w*****. What about those on Saturday singing 'you're not fit to wear the shirt'? I'll bet anyone a tenner they were kids or middle-aged blokes.

Jonesy further up is right. They're hypocrites on a scale I can't describe. A lot of them attend Utd matches, and when I attended a game with my mate there were 30 or 40 of them huddled around a tv near the food place watching Utd... on Sky.

They do have Wolfenden on their books.